Its been awhile since my first gf broke up with me. She broke up with me because i was clingy, it was a LDR, strict parents and many other factors. But i feel like i need to talk to her and tell her we can be friends or something like that. I really really dont want to get back with her i just want to have one more conversation with her about us. I want to find comfort between us but i dont think thats the best option cause im finally moving on. I feel like ill catch feelings what should i do? Please be realistic

Thanks

To me, it sounds like you are looking for any excuse to stay in contact with her. That you are still thinking of her, I don't think you are over her, and thus not ready for friendship. It almost sounds like you are hoping for some kind of closure from this conversation you'd like to have, but I think it will just cause you more misery than happiness. It will give you an opportunity to please a case that is no longer viable.

I think you should stay NC and keep working on yourself without the need to communicate to her again.

Its been awhile since my first gf broke up with me. She broke up with me because i was clingy, it was a LDR, strict parents and many other factors. But i feel like i need to talk to her and tell her we can be friends or something like that. I really really dont want to get back with her i just want to have one more conversation with her about us. I want to find comfort between us but i dont think thats the best option cause im finally moving on. I feel like ill catch feelings what should i do? Please be realistic

Thanks

Your still being clingy and this behavior will do nothing but confirm that she made the right decision in dumping you.

Prove to her and yourself that you can change and not be clingy, by not reaching out to her for any reason whatsoever. That will provide the comfort your looking for.

She broke up with you. It's up to her to reach out.

You don't want to appear as if you aren't moving on, and obsessing over her.

I get wanting to be friends, but that's only possible when you can be indifferent,

meaning you neither are in love nor have ill feelings.

It's hard to cut or be cut out of someone's life you once shared it with, but it's reality.

I would just let this pass. If she contacts you for friendship, then respond.

You can do it, but you probably won't get the reaction you're after, and it will make you feel worse for a bit but on the other side at least you know you tried one last time.

Being friends isn't something that really works until your indifferent, and the sad fact is when that comes you won't even want to be friends.

If she perceived you as clingy, then friendship isn't something she's likely to want right now. I'd move my focus onto my own healing. If comfort is what you're after, the best way to attain that is to learn self sufficiency. Otherwise, you'll just play out the same scenario in your next relationship--seeking comfort from someone who can't fill a bottomless pit. I'd make it my goal to address that issue as my first priority, and you'll thank yourself later.

Head high.

Archived