Am I overthinking this?

Morada

I am in the middle of a divorce that is taking absolutely forever. My (ex)husband and I have both been dating without issue and live our lives as if the divorce is over. I have been seeing this guy for a couple weeks now. We talked for at least a month before we finally got together and have been seeing each other at least every couple days since then. Here are my issues:

1. He is 5 years younger than I am. We're at completely different points in our lives and I've always dated older than me.

2. This is going to sound awful, but he is very overweight and has a very small penis. We had sex for the first time the other day and while it wasn't terrible, it wasn't exactly great. He definitely makes up for it though. There really isn't much physical attraction on my end, but I do like him as a person.

3. He cornered me into meeting his mother. I'm not even sure if I want a relationship with this guy and I had to meet her.

I'm not sure if I'm just making a big deal out of nothing or if it's all in my head or what. I don't know if I should try talking to him again, just ignore it or move on.

No, you shouldn't be feeling this way about someone this early on. There should be sparks of physical/emotional/mental attraction and compatibility... Not "I'm not that physically attracted to him and I'm uncomfortable with the way the relationship has progressed"

Up to you if you want to hang around for more surprises, but personally I'd cut my losses as you're under no obligation to continue dating someone you're not that into. Both deserve better

You sound as though you are trying to force feelings for this man. Maybe it's because you don't want to be alone?

He sounds as though he would make a better friend than a boyfriend for you.

I think you need to be honest with yourself and perhaps give yourself some time to heal and be alone before you run into another relationship right now.

If you knew a dude was posting, "Yeah, this lady's boobs aren't really all that, she's got a bit of a fupa going on, and the sex I guess was OK" would you hope they'd do the courtesy of dumping you?

Also not liking the whole "cornering" you into meeting his mother just a couple weeks after having actually met.

I don't know. If I'm completely honest, at the very least finalize your divorce before dating. I understand you're separated and there's nothing ethically wrong with dating, but you're still probably going to be scraping at the bottom of the barrel if you're looking for a dude willing to date a woman who's technically still married.

Archived