Unsure where I stand

bluesclueless

My bf really messed up my birthday. We had plans to go on vacation, I couldn’t make it. So he invited a girl I already told him I had an issue with, but ended up going with his guy friend. So he came back and apologized but made no effort to try make it up. I missed him and wanted to forgive him so I did. We got back together and now I messed up. While I was upset with him, I unblocked an ex and was talking to him. But when I got back with bae, I forgot to block the ex. So of course he calls while I’m showing my bf something on my phone. Bae gets upset & goes into silent mode. 2 hours later I bring it up & he says he feels like I always do this — hide stuff to avoid a problem. Which I do but only because I don’t want there to be a problem in the first place. So I’ll avoid it or not bring it up, but now he’s saying he doesn’t think he can do this.

He had me in tears my whole birthday weekend. He really hurt me and a month later hasn’t done anything to make it up. I feel like he’s over reacting now and/or doesn’t even care to make this work. Am I wrong? I want to be with him, I feel he wants it to but I just feel like I want it more than him.

I appreciate any advice/comments

If you are hiding stuff you're doing from him then you're clearly crossing a relationship boundary that he would like you to adhere to. If you don't want to, then that means you are never going to keep one another as life mates because you're on two different pages as to what is and isn't acceptable within a committed relationship.

If you don't want to stop doing things you need to hide from him because it will cause trouble if you don't then you need to leave him and find someone that has less rigid romantic relationship boundaries like your own.

Archived