ChelseaZ

Warning: long post ahead, slightly sexual content

I met this friend in an online game. He just turned 18, im 14. He lives in Canada, I live in the US. Our friendship has been going on for about 8-9 months. We've had our ups and downs. He likes me, but I dont completely return it. I simply like him as a friend. However, in the beginning, I did like him, but that faded away when we stopped talking for a few weeks.

We talk about really strange things. By strange I mean we talk about things usually couples only talk about. We do things that usually couples do. To give you an idea, we've had conversations about cuddling each other and sexual innuendos. Weve talked about masturbation. And being friends with benefits, even though were only friends. We've had converstions about meeting up when we’re older and have jobs. We've left skype calls on overnight. The thing is, were not even in a long distance relationship.

He has told me this one thing that I will never forget, and that is that one day we’re not going to be friends anymore. One day one of us will get into an actual relationship and will slowly drift away from comminicating with the other. When this thought hit me, it hit me hard. I cried. He felt bad, but he said that it was better to tell me now than later when it actually happens.

Recently, we had a skype call on. He told me that he had a hard on. I was fine with it since he has told me that before. I said he isnt the type of person to “do” it in a call, but he went on to “do” it (masturbate). It stayed pretty silent with me giving random comments. It stayed like this for like 8 minutes. Then, i decided to use the bathroom and i told him he has 2 minutes. When i came back, he said that he was pretending the whole time so he could sleep because he was tired. I was pretty angry at him for lying, but then he lied again when he saw that i wasnt in a great mood. He said that he really did do it, and he only lied because he was embarrased.

At that point, i didnt even know what to think anymore. I told him that i cant even trust him in the future anymore, and he said oh, is that going to lead to something else in the future? (Less and less communication) We both shrugged it off and i pretended not to care, and he said to enjoy the friendship while it lasts.

This leads me to now, lying on my bed writing this contemplating whether or not i should be friends with this guy. Ill admit, i like talking to him. I just have no idea if were supposed to be friends after the two consecutive days where our skype calls ended with disappointment. I don't want to end our friendship after everything we talked and gone through together. Thoughts?

I've been in a ton of this relationships before. I used to play a lot of mmos in middle school and high school. Trust me you will move on. You will find someone else. Don't ever send him nudes or do webcam shows for him because he could take photos of you then threaten to show to your friends. It will take time to move on and you guys will most likely stay in contact. I'm still friends with some of the people I dated on mmos. But now it's like nothing and I can never go back to dating like that again. The toll on long distance relationships is really hard.

Hi,

You're going to hate me for saying this but its true.

You are still very young. Hate me yet?

At 14 my dear you have many guys that will come in and out of your life.

While you are still young it's important to start weeding out those who are toxic.

Those people that make your heart sink instead of filled with joy.

I suggest since this is only through the internet you tell him goodbye and move on.

You are investing your valuable time into a fantasy. He's like a celebrity, think of him that way. You want what you can imagine. In reality this guy is probably not the greatest. In your mind he is though because you can make up traits of him you haven't seen since you two haven't met.

There is a whole world out there that awaits you of Mr. Right one day.

Right now have fun, you won't get this time and age back.

So don't be tied to a computer with negativity on the other side of the screen.

Lisa

Don't get me wrong, he's a nice guy. He cares about what I feel and gets sad when I'm down. It's just that he went to an all-boys school and he's an introvert so he doesn't have much experience talking to girls. Therefore, he doesn't know the ins and outs of talking to a girl.

Don't get me wrong, he's a nice guy. He cares about what I feel and gets sad when I'm down. It's just that he went to an all-boys school and he's an introvert so he doesn't have much experience talking to girls. Therefore, he doesn't know the ins and outs of talking to a girl.

Well, right now he is in off to prison territory. And the police don’t care if you went to an all boys school and don’t know how to talk to people . Commonsense should prevail here .

Archived