Easy But Yummy Cooking Tip Using Crystal Lite!

Hey guys, as some of you may know, until recently (like within last year and a half) I rarely cooked, in fact was a pretty crap cook tbh.

I started classes last year, still do occasionally, but now have learned how to be creative and improvise and have become quite the cook!

The other night, guy I'm dating came for dinner, I was making lemon chicken with artichokes.

I went grocery shopping prior and in my frenzy, forgot the most important ingredient, lemons!!

I didn't have time to traipse to market again, but found some lemon crystal lite in my cabinet (to make lemonade with) and thought to myself, why not make a marinade using the crystal lite?

It's very concentrated so just a little but it came out delicious! I even basted the chicken with it and then made a sauce from the drippings!!

Strong lemon flavor, more so than with real lemons even, a bit tart, but BF loved it! So did I. He even went back for seconds!

So then my brain started spinning and I came up with all sorts of things.

I made a whipped cream and sprinkled some crystal lite in and it was yummy!!

Sprinkle in cookie or cake batter.

Rim a glass of wine with it. Or glass of beer.

Again it's very tart on its own so just a little.

So many other other things you can use it for other than making drinks, which is what it's marketed for.

Anyhoo, just wanted to share, in case real lemons are too acidic for you or upset your stomach or if you find yourself without on a day you want to make something "lemony."

Yes it's artificial sugar, so that is a drawback if concerned about.

But when in a jam, it worked out great!!

Family's Spanish, but we were raised in a Mexican neighborhood and my appreciation of limes has only grown into adulthood. Always a big bowl of them front and center in the kitchen. Will keep this tip in mind though should a nuke go off and we've gotta make due with my lady's seemingly 20-years worth of Crystal Lite. I admit I cringed a bit reading it but I'm glad it actually worked out fine for you and your date!

Family's Spanish, but we were raised in a Mexican neighborhood and my appreciation of limes has only grown into adulthood. Always a big bowl of them front and center in the kitchen. Will keep this tip in mind though should a nuke go off and we've gotta make due with my lady's seemingly 20-years worth of Crystal Lite. I admit I cringed a bit reading it but I'm glad it actually worked out fine for you and your date!

I figured some "real" food junkies would cringe, but no worries, I hear ya.

I might have cringed too, if not for the fact it really helped me out in a pinch and it was actually pretty good!

But hell, I like Chef Boyardee meat ravioli in the can, so what can I say, lol.

I admit I have a rather unusual taste, for example I cannot stand the taste of garlic! I won't eat anything containing garlic, unless it's so little I can't taste it.

But I like Crystal lite and kale.

Go figure.

I wanted to update this, for a chuckle. If anyone's interested.

j.man, your gf (fiancé?) is into crystal lite too?

I wonder if this is a "girl" thing. Couple of days ago I bought myself a water infuser so I could infuse water with fresh fruit instead of flavoring with the fake stuff.

I mentioned it to my boss and he said he needs to buy one too, for his family, as his wife insists of "poisoning their kids with that Crystal Lite crap."

His exact words!

Too funny.

Archived