Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair loss and fatigue and other scary tests being done

limichelle
    Platinum Member

Unhappy Hair loss and fatigue and other scary tests being done

So things are going great, I have a wonderful boyfriend whom I've been with almost five months, I'm working out more and losing weight. I'm eating healthier and making long term goals. Well over this past year I started noticing my hair thinning.

I didn't think much of it and combed my hair differently and decided to start the process of growing it out.

Well now I'm balding on certain spots of my scalp and my hair is coming out in small clumps. I started to get enlarged lymph nodes and have felt very fatigued. My appetite is weird because I get full too quickly and constantly bloated. The night sweats are interrupting my sleep.

I talked to my primary care and saw an oncologist.

She is concerned about possible lymphoma.

I had a lot of blood work drawn yesterday to check all of my blood to look for signs of Iron deficiency and also leukemia and lymphoma. She is also checking for lupus.

So all my basis are being covered.

I feel like it's the wrong timing for all of this. Early relationship, getting my diet back on track with working out. I know health problems and cancer come at any time wether you like it or not.

I hate the hair loss and now have to go back to short pixies to make it not that noticeable.

Just feeling emotional lately.

I'm striving to be healthy but there's a good chance I'm not. 😔

Sorry for the whining just needed to vent.

Lisa

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I am sorry . Hugs. ❤️

SherrySher
    I hope it turns out to be something easy to deal with. Please keep us updated. (Many hugs)

limichelle
    Platinum Member
    Thank you for the support 🙂

I did the blood work on Thursday and it came back on Friday. I can access my lab work online. Not very helpful since I don't know how to read it. Lol

I'm sure I'll hear this week though since it's there.

I'll be sure to keep you updated.

Lisa

chitown9
    Platinum Member
    Yes, please keep us updated. We are here for you. chi

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limichelle [Register to see the link]
    Thank you for the support 🙂

I did the blood work on Thursday and it came back on Friday. I can access my lab work online. Not very helpful since I don't know how to read it. Lol

I'm sure I'll hear this week though since it's there.

I'll be sure to keep you updated.

Lisa
    Echo what chitown wrote. In my experience no news is good news and if it was negative or needed urgent care you would have heard even after hours. Good luck!

Jibralta
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limichelle [Register to see the link]
    She is concerned about possible lymphoma.

I had a lot of blood work drawn yesterday to check all of my blood to look for signs of Iron deficiency and also leukemia and lymphoma. She is also checking for lupus.
    Wow, I hope it is none of the above! Keep us posted.

limichelle
    Platinum Member
    Good news!

I saw my GI doctor over a stomach issue and brought in my lab work I printed off. My GI doctor knows my oncologist. Well I couldn't fathom what the blood work read so she read it and it shows no signs in the blood of cancer! I still see the oncologist on Monday to go over everything including ultrasound of swollen lymph nodes.

I also don't have Lupus or any other autoimmune!

The only thing is I'm iron deficient but that's treatable.

As for hair loss I don't know. My thyroid is normal. I'll talk to oncologist to look into that some more.

I'm feeling relieved it's nothing scary!

I do have more blood tests to do by GI

Thanks everyone for the responses!

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Great news- happy and relieved for you!

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    That is great news! Did they check you for maybe perimenopause ? That can also cause hair loss .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Too Much Vitamin B ... And Coffee
Hey guys, so lately and on weekends especially, I've been feeling very wired/wound up, trouble sleeping, a bit "moody" lots of energy. Last night
Kidney pain with no kidney stones?
I've had a very strange and alarming pain in my left kidney for the past five years. I'm 24 and have had a fair few years of UTIs which were
Iím at a stage of giving up on everything??
Iíve been struggling with my physical and mental health for most of my life, I started feeling severely suicidal by first grade. I was diagnosed with
Too Much CoffeeVitamin B
So lately and on weekends especially, I've been feeling very wired/wound up, trouble sleeping or too much sleep. Last night was out with BF till

Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Iím at a really bad state of mind right now
Itís been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, heís messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I donít care about), and has
Ask For Advice