Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: why does he follow so many random women on instagram?

sansa91

why does he follow so many random women on instagram?

I've been seeing this guy for over a year now. We started off as friends. We were friends fr a few years before then until he said he liked me and then things progressed.

We still act like best friends, as in he flirts with me..and is forever taking the mickey out of me in a friendly way. But we don't speak to each other like couples do in thr sense of all the soppy speak. I.e baby I miss you and love you etc etc it's not like that.
    We.see each other once a week or once every other week. and in between we do remain in contact. When we see each other everythings good we get on really well and don't argue.

Only yesterday he was joking around about us having kids he ws like make sure you name our kid ...... an then he said it'll be good he will be my security guard for you etc etc. and he's also mentioned marriage randmly aswell.

But one habit of his which really.annoys me is his need.to follow a random woman every other day on. instagram. I can see his followers increase every day and it's usually a woman he doesn't even know. Not even celebrities since that's normal I guess. And not being bigheaded but half these.women are either thr same as me looks wise or worse I honestly.don't see anything special in any of them. Fair enough we all find other people attractive but I wouldn't go an follow hundreds of other guys. in fact if it was the other way around would he really like that. I don't know if im over thinking it or if it really is a cause for concern but I just.don't see the need for it. he will log on to his instagram and his whole home feed will be full of women taking selfies. is it really necessary?
    I even showed a friend pictures of these women and about one of them she said "eww shes ugly" but I didn't tell her about him following her. That's what I mean none of them are anythin special yet he's sittin there perving away.

I don't know about anyone else but I would want someone to be so into me that they focus only on me and not have images of hundreds of other women in their minds.

Having said that evrythng else is fine in the.sense that we get on and he will reply.to me straight away if I message and hl arrange when to meet me.next. But yeh it's just the instagram thing which gets me.thinking I suppose and also the fact that he's so overprotective of his phone. even if I innocently say can I look at your pics or your apps or play a game he just flinches and grabs his phone

ThatwasThen
    Have you asked him why he has a habit of collecting stranger women on his Instagram?
    Have you asked HIM all those questions you pose in your thread?
    Has he given you any reason to mistrust him like some blatant shady behaviour or suspect goings on?

wilyone 11
    All straight guys like to look at women.

Are these women a threat to you? No. Why not let go of the need for him to only want to look at you? I think that's a pipe dream and your expectation for that will make you very unhappy.

sansa91
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatwasThen [Register to see the link]
    Have you asked him why he has a habit of collecting stranger women on his Instagram?
    Have you asked HIM all those questions you pose in your thread?
    Has he given you any reason to mistrust him like some blatant shady behaviour or suspect goings on?
    no I havnt asked him because I don't want to look like I've been snooping on his instagram. I could accept a few women here n there but he's following a new one Each day.

well he never let's me look at his phone, one time pretty much I thought he was on the phone to someone as it said "call waiting" it ws very late at night and he denied he was even on the phone and said im insecure

sansa91
    Quote Originally Posted by wilyone 11 [Register to see the link]
    All straight guys like to look at women.

Are these women a threat to you? No. Why not let go of the need for him to only want to look at you? I think that's a pipe dream and your expectation for that will make you very unhappy.
    but why follow their every move. one or two or even ten I could think is normal but over a hundred that's pushing it a.bit isn't it.in my opinion thyre all very average looking so no not a threat to me but he's obviously.following them since he.must deem them attractive in some.someway. I jst.find it odd.

I see better looking guys than him every day and probably on instagram there are but I don't feel the need to click the.follow button and like all their photos. its just pretty sad.

when I make.make.subtle digs and him and call hm a man s**** and say it's nt cool to chase women he's jst like he doesn't go after any woman and how he's a loyal type LOOOL

ThatwasThen
    Quote Originally Posted by sansa91 [Register to see the link]
    no I havnt asked him because I don't want to look like I've been snooping on his instagram. I could accept a few women here n there but he's following a new one Each day.

well he never let's me look at his phone, one time pretty much I thought he was on the phone to someone as it said "call waiting" it ws very late at night and he denied he was even on the phone and said im insecure
    Well, I don't say this with malice but you are insecure. You're so insecure you don't even have the stuff to ask your boyfriend why he collects women on his Instagram or tell him that all those collected women hurts you so could he explain so that perhaps you'll be able to understand it and relax.

If he never lets you look at his phone, how did you know it said "call waiting?" However that's not really here nor there, he doesn't have to show you his phone because it's his phone but if not showing you his phone makes you even more paranoid and untrusting of him then maybe you're with the wrong guy.

Why after a year of exclusive dating do you only see one another once a week or once every two weeks? That's not very much time unless you're long distance from one another. You have had an exclusive talk with him, right?

sansa91
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatwasThen [Register to see the link]
    Well, I don't say this with malice but you are insecure. You're so insecure you don't even have the stuff to ask your boyfriend why he collects women on his Instagram or tell him that all those collected women hurts you so could he explain so that perhaps you'll be able to understand it and relax.

If he never lets you look at his phone, how did you know it said "call waiting?" However that's not really here nor there, he doesn't have to show you his phone because it's his phone but if not showing you his phone makes you even more paranoid and untrusting of him then maybe you're with the wrong guy.

Why after a year of exclusive dating do you only see one another once a week or once every two weeks? That's not very much time unless you're long distance from one another. You have had an exclusive talk with him, right?
    Im not insecure in myself. I know that I'm better looking than these women I jst don't understand what his problem is and why he feels the need to always be checking them out.

well he talks about marriage and kids. the other day he was indirectly saying what he wants to name "our" kids

firelily
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sansa91 [Register to see the link]
    when I make.make.subtle digs and him and call hm a man s**** and say it's nt cool to chase women he's jst like he doesn't go after any woman and how he's a loyal type LOOOL
    You sound very disrespectful about your boyfriend. You call him a man s***? Did he ever acted disloyal towards you, flirted with other women, you find out that he's chatting with someone or anything like that? If not, why on earth would you be calling someone you're in a relationship a s***? Would you like to be called a s*** by your boyfriend just because, say, 300 out of your 400 friends on FB are men, and you didn't gave him any actual reason to feel hurt? You really called someone a s*** to their face just for clicking "like" over dressed, non-sexual photos of a couple of women, or was it something else?

sansa91
    Quote Originally Posted by firelily [Register to see the link]
    You sound very disrespectful about your boyfriend. You call him a man s***? Did he ever acted disloyal towards you, flirted with other women, you find out that he's chatting with someone or anything like that? If not, why on earth would you be calling someone you're in a relationship a s***? Would you like to be called a s*** by your boyfriend just because, say, 300 out of your 400 friends on FB are men, and you didn't gave him any actual reason to feel hurt? You really called someone a s*** to their face just for clicking "like" over dressed, non-sexual photos of a couple of women, or was it something else?
    are you delusional.you don't know how he is. and yes I did call him that and I don't find it disrespectful. its not a couple of women he follows it's over a hundred so get that in your head.

once or twice it's called him in the middle of the night and it said "call waiting" which could only.mean he's on the phone to someone. he denied it though. and called me insecure.

LHGirl
    Forum Supporter
    I wouldn't like it if my boyfriend followed random women like that on instagram. It's one thing for a guy to buy a Playboy magazine, where professional models pose. But quite another to follow real women, hundreds of them, and track their every move. Two words I'd use: disrespectful and creepy.

It makes sense to me why this would upset you.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Dated, broke up, reconciled, had a relationship, now dumped again
I took a hiatus from this site because in the past year or so, I made so many bad decisions that I felt I could no longer, in good conscience, offer
Ladies...Help please! Is my girl losing intrest or is she really busy?
Hey friends. I'd really appreciate some female advice here. We've been together for 7 months. I am 34, shes 25 and haven't been the best
HELP Am I in a relationship but still in love with my ex? Cant figure it out!
Okay yall here we go. Please bare with meI do tell a good story though so yea, cuz my life is a ing mess lmao OK! So I am currently in a
One-way relationship
Hello :) I have a little dilemma and I would really appreciate some of your thoughts and advice you have to offer. I have been in a relationship
GF Won't change FB Relationship Status - I don't understand why.
Hello, I've never posted online about this kind of stuff before but I'm having a really odd situation and not sure what to do... Been with my
Advice please
Hi i have been with my boyfriend for over four years now and we are both in our 40s , everything we have a disagreement he blocks me on whatsapp and
Ex GF messaged me 3 days after break-up
My ex girlfriend i really loved dumped me on Monday for being really clingy and needy. She acted really cold and didn't want to talk to me that day

Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Ive been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Im at a really bad state of mind right now
Its been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, hes messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I dont care about), and has
Ask For Advice