LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guessing this was a rejection? Feels like one

Guessing this was a rejection? Feels like one

Weve had two great dates so far, wont really get into detail..

After the first date when I asked when she was next free she told me Im free whenever you are so we arranged the second date.

After the second date today I asked when is she next free to get together and she replied Don't get too drunk! Haha, I'm not sure maybe when I have some money 😂 x so I replied We dont have to spend money, but Id like to see you again. Maybe some other time, let me know when youre free x

Ive left it at that. I know shes tight on money at the moment as she told me she hardly has anything since investing in a laptop and she wanted to go halves with me on our meal but I said it was okay.

Was this a sign of her not wanting to see me again?

Sounds like she is financially stressed and being honest about that. How much time in between these dates? Are you pushing for too many dates too soon so she is legitimately pumping the brakes?

We had one last Sunday, then one on Wednesday. Ive just asked when shes next available and what suits her rather than suggesting a day. Ive paid for both dates too, but she has offered to go halves.

Bronze Member
    How do you know she is only joking with you about wanting to see you one more time, I think she's being honest and genuinely enjoyed your time together. NOT too much pressure there, let her take her time with things. x

Do you think I backed off and responded well? I figured that Ive already made the effort to meet up again so the ball is in her court and if she was interested she would reach out.

Bronze Member
    yes, you left it at a good level. I think she is just broke maybe and is having a hard time keeping things equal

WHy don't you let her pay half? that might help:
    Last edited by Jillstrand23; 11-09-2017 at 04:32 PM. Reason: too many smilies!!

That is kind of a lot back to back. I'd say sit tight and chill out a bit. Maybe just flirt/banter with her a little via phone or text, but leave her to figure out her schedule and don't jump to conclusions. Keep it light and take it easy.

Ive paid for both dates already, was perfectly happy to. She did offer to pay half but I was okay paying it.

Why did she make that comment about you getting drunk? Did you have too much to drink at your last date?

I think it would be best just to give it a few days, then ask her out on a specific night to a specific thing--your treat--and see how she responds. In other words, instead of "let me know when you are free" ask "I'd like to take you out Saturday night to so-and-so."

I posted a facebook status regarding my productive day which said Feeling determined. As one door closes, another one opens

Soon after she text me Okay 😊 what's your status about? X. I replied Just career stuff, got a lot done today with applications and that 😉 x

A few minutes after she sent her text she also tagged me in a post of a picture of a coin broken in half, with a tagline of this is how broke I am. It was supposed to be humoress.

But Im just confused regarding setting a date to meet up again. We dont have to spend money to be with each other in person, I just feel like its an excuse because if you were interested in someone youd see them surely?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Give Advice
Ask For Advice