Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guessing this was a rejection? Feels like one

fmfan08

Guessing this was a rejection? Feels like one

Weve had two great dates so far, wont really get into detail..

After the first date when I asked when she was next free she told me Im free whenever you are so we arranged the second date.

After the second date today I asked when is she next free to get together and she replied Don't get too drunk! Haha, I'm not sure maybe when I have some money 😂 x so I replied We dont have to spend money, but Id like to see you again. Maybe some other time, let me know when youre free x

Ive left it at that. I know shes tight on money at the moment as she told me she hardly has anything since investing in a laptop and she wanted to go halves with me on our meal but I said it was okay.

Was this a sign of her not wanting to see me again?

DancingFool
    Sounds like she is financially stressed and being honest about that. How much time in between these dates? Are you pushing for too many dates too soon so she is legitimately pumping the brakes?

fmfan08
    We had one last Sunday, then one on Wednesday. Ive just asked when shes next available and what suits her rather than suggesting a day. Ive paid for both dates too, but she has offered to go halves.

Jillstrand23
    How do you know she is only joking with you about wanting to see you one more time, I think she's being honest and genuinely enjoyed your time together. NOT too much pressure there, let her take her time with things. x

fmfan08
    Do you think I backed off and responded well? I figured that Ive already made the effort to meet up again so the ball is in her court and if she was interested she would reach out.

Jillstrand23
    yes, you left it at a good level. I think she is just broke maybe and is having a hard time keeping things equal

WHy don't you let her pay half? that might help:
    Last edited by Jillstrand23; 11-09-2017 at 05:32 PM. Reason: too many smilies!!

DancingFool
    That is kind of a lot back to back. I'd say sit tight and chill out a bit. Maybe just flirt/banter with her a little via phone or text, but leave her to figure out her schedule and don't jump to conclusions. Keep it light and take it easy.

fmfan08
    Ive paid for both dates already, was perfectly happy to. She did offer to pay half but I was okay paying it.

Krankor
    Why did she make that comment about you getting drunk? Did you have too much to drink at your last date?

I think it would be best just to give it a few days, then ask her out on a specific night to a specific thing--your treat--and see how she responds. In other words, instead of "let me know when you are free" ask "I'd like to take you out Saturday night to so-and-so."

fmfan08
    I posted a facebook status regarding my productive day which said Feeling determined. As one door closes, another one opens .

Soon after she text me Okay 😊 what's your status about? X. I replied Just career stuff, got a lot done today with applications and that 😉 x

A few minutes after she sent her text she also tagged me in a post of a picture of a coin broken in half, with a tagline of this is how broke I am. It was supposed to be humoress.

But Im just confused regarding setting a date to meet up again. We dont have to spend money to be with each other in person, I just feel like its an excuse because if you were interested in someone youd see them surely?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Top Threads
Is it really none of my business?
So I've been seeing this guy on and off for 3 years, the last time we hung out I asked him out of curiousity, who was the last girl he slept with
Help! Having THAT conversation with someone...are we friends or more?
Okay, so me and this guy have been casually dating since June. We never talked about getting serious but have kept in pretty constant contact since
How do you cope with insecurity when dating?
I've never liked myself much when it comes to looks (I've got certain issues) and that's one thing that bothers me a lot when trying to go on dates
The rejection text 😔
Eugh. Finally meet a lovely guy. Things seem to be going well and we go on lots of lovely dates. He's communicative and just generally lovely. And
How to tell her I want to explore my options
So I had that bad breakup almost 6 months ago. Been good lately, started dating. Met quite a few. But I have been getting close to serious with one
Dating is confusing
Hi everyone! I am new here. I enjoy reading the post and the warm responses from everyone. Such a great site I joined a dating site and a nice
Where did I screw up here? Is there any chance with her?
I met a great girl a little over a month ago online. We sent messages back and forth for a week (every day) before finally meeting up. When we met

Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Ive been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Im at a really bad state of mind right now
Its been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, hes messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I dont care about), and has
Ask For Advice