Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I ask too much?

Katharina

Question Do I ask too much?

I've been dating my bf for three months. And soon is my Bday. Is it ok, if I ask him to present me the curling iron? Or is it too much? And only flowers are enough?

Keyman
    Personally asking for specific presents at such an early stage of a relationship is too much, IMO, unless he has asked you specifically what you would like. If you dropped hints, but you should not set your expectations that he will get it for you.

Early in a relationship it is a show of feelings as he doesn't know you as indepth as say after 3 years.

SherrySher
    I wouldn't ask for anything right now, never mind specific....it's too early on.

j.man
    That's quite a sense of entitlement there. "Only" flowers would be plenty, even assuming he goes that far. Early on, the most I'd expect is a "Happy Birthday," maybe a dinner. That's all assuming he's got any real reason to remember your exact birthday with only knowing you for a few months.

JA0371
    Platinum Member
    Lol....I would just expect a happy birthday dinner and maybe flowers....
    Buy your own curling iron.....

pippy longstocking
    Platinum Member
    I think as it is this early on , I would just let him set the pace for himself and buy what he feels . If he asks you what you would like , I don't think I would mention the curling irons simply based on cost .

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    I would not even if he asks - depending on how expensive it is. Also it sounds like something a girlfriend or family member would get you as a present not a boyfriend. At 3 months I think he should acknowledge your birthday and perhaps give you a card or something small.

Katharina
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyman [Register to see the link]
    Personally asking for specific presents at such an early stage of a relationship is too much, IMO, unless he has asked you specifically what you would like. If you dropped hints, but you should not set your expectations that he will get it for you.

Early in a relationship it is a show of feelings as he doesn't know you as indepth as say after 3 years.
    But what is the difference between 3 months relationship and 3 years relationship? Isn't it love in both variants?

j.man
    Quote Originally Posted by Katharina [Register to see the link]
    But what is the difference between 3 months relationship and 3 years relationship? Isn't it love in both variants?
    I can't take this seriously when it's in the context of whether or not you should ask for a curling iron.

Lady, take some time and really soak in the responses you've gotten. You're being absurd.

mustlovedogs
    Quote Originally Posted by Katharina [Register to see the link]
    Well considering most relationships fail after 3 months...

Yes there's a difference.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Top Threads
My new boyfriend has a close attractive female friend
I started dating this guy about 6 weeks ago. We usually see each other 2-3 times a week and he calls me on the phone every night. He seems super into
Help! Having THAT conversation with someone...are we friends or more?
Okay, so me and this guy have been casually dating since June. We never talked about getting serious but have kept in pretty constant contact since
How do you cope with insecurity when dating?
I've never liked myself much when it comes to looks (I've got certain issues) and that's one thing that bothers me a lot when trying to go on dates
The rejection text 😔
Eugh. Finally meet a lovely guy. Things seem to be going well and we go on lots of lovely dates. He's communicative and just generally lovely. And
How to tell her I want to explore my options
So I had that bad breakup almost 6 months ago. Been good lately, started dating. Met quite a few. But I have been getting close to serious with one
Dating is confusing
Hi everyone! I am new here. I enjoy reading the post and the warm responses from everyone. Such a great site I joined a dating site and a nice
Where did I screw up here? Is there any chance with her?
I met a great girl a little over a month ago online. We sent messages back and forth for a week (every day) before finally meeting up. When we met

Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Iím at a really bad state of mind right now
Itís been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, heís messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I donít care about), and has
Ask For Advice