Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got dumped by my girlfriend. Need advice please

shypshnius

Just got dumped by my girlfriend. Need advice please

Good evening,

I was just dumped by my girlfriend and i'm currently really confused. I think the main reason why she broke up with me was cause i acted really clingy, super needy and annoyed her during the last week when she went to another city to meet her friends and have a good time. She was already acting quite cold the week before so i panicked a bit and kept messaging, calling her a lot during the days she was away. I could see that she was annoyed with that but i just wanted to understand what was wrong. I could clearly smell that something is not right and had a feeling that she is thinking about breaking up with me. I know it was a big mistake on my part not giving her space during that week. So when she came back, she told me that she needs couple days of space to decide whether she wants to be with me anymore. I've just called her today, and hung up on me, then we chatted a little bit and it turned out that she decided to break up.

But my main concern is, what she wrote me was:

"I don't know if i'm doing the right thing. I hope i'm not making a mistake.

I'm not quite sure what that means.. Do you think she still has some feelings for me? She's acting really cold though and doesn't seem to be interested in me anymore. However, he's still checking every single thing i put on instagram/facebook. We been together for 6 months and it seemed that we really loved each. She even cried in front of me at least 3 times, she used to be really comfortable next to me. It was a long distance relationship though. We used to meet twice a week. It's just hard to believe for me that like 10 days ago she said she really loved me and now she decided to break up with me after i was really clingy, needy the week she was away.

What is your opinion? Mainly about that thing she said to me today: ""I don't know if i'm doing the right thing. I hope i'm not making a mistake.".

Thank you.

rosephase
    At six months in you two are -just- getting to know each other. It turns out that she isn't that crazy for the person you turned out to be.

I think you can take: "I don't know if i'm doing the right thing. I hope i'm not making a mistake.".
    As: "I hope this doesn't end with me feeling lonely"

Elavohra
    Bronze Member
    Dude, this neediness and desperation comes when we sense something fishy about to happen. When the other person isn't releasing good vibes. There are not a single thing which can't be sit and talked about and can't be worked out. People can sit and talk and try to understand why the other partner all of a sudden becoming desperate or clingy.
    Since I even have been dumped because of almost the same reason.
    I would now suggest you to give her, her blo*dy space. Just go on NC now, like from right now. Work on yourself. Enhance your knowledge, meet new smart people, set a routine because since you're going to stop talking to her you'll definitely miss her but you'll miss the routine more. So get into yourself only and only yourself. Workout, eat healthy, work on your weak areas, do proper grooming, meet people and try to understand what's happening in and around the world.
    Rest leave it to her, if she'll come back means she has understood your worth and if she doesn't she is the one who has lost you.
    But don't look back, you must keep improving and progressing otherwise you'll not regret losing her, but you'll regret the career progress.
    Last edited by Elavohra; 11-07-2017 at 03:16 PM.

shypshnius
    I will be doing the no contact thing from now on. I've just thanked her for the good times, said i love her a lot and that i'm leaving the door open, she can call my anytime if she changes her mind. Do you think it was appropriate to say?

Elavohra
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shypshnius [Register to see the link]
    I will be doing the no contact thing from now on. I've just thanked her for the good times, said i love her a lot and that i'm leaving the door open, she can call my anytime if she changes her mind. Do you think it was appropriate to say?
    You shouldn't have said that as well. But since you've said that already now let her die. Don't give a single damn now. And please don't keep any hopes alive. Just keep moving forward and forward

SweetGirl28
    Silver Member

Nooooooo!!! She already held the power because she broke up with you, and you just gave her more.
    Thanking her for the good times would have been enough to leave it on a good note.

Don't try contacting her anymore after this. She knows how you feel and where you are.

shypshnius
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetGirl28 [Register to see the link]
    Nooooooo!!! She already held the power because she broke up with you, and you just gave her more.
    Thanking her for the good times would have been enough to leave it on a good note.

Don't try contacting her anymore after this. She knows how you feel and where you are.
    I know, i won't be contacting her anymore unless she messages me first. It's just that i feel deep down that she still has some feelings for me.

SweetGirl28
    Silver Member
    I know, i won't be contacting her anymore unless she messages me first. It's just that i feel deep down that she still has some feelings for me.
    Aww, I just wanna slap you with a wet noodle!
    She will be back if she does. In the meantime, go on with life.
    She's out living hers without you.

Elavohra
    Bronze Member
    But does it matter anymore? Despite having feelings for you she's decided to quit. Come on dude, have some self respect. Accept what she has done and now let her go. You need to save your peace of my mind. Now you need to protect yourself. Good things are always tough to deal with.

Elavohra
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetGirl28 [Register to see the link]
    Aww, I just wanna slap you with a wet noodle!
    She will be back if she does. In the meantime, go on with life.
    She's out living hers without you.
    Yes! I totally agree with you, SweetGirl28.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Top Threads
Dated, broke up, reconciled, had a relationship, now dumped again
I took a hiatus from this site because in the past year or so, I made so many bad decisions that I felt I could no longer, in good conscience, offer
Ladies...Help please! Is my girl losing intrest or is she really busy?
Hey friends. I'd really appreciate some female advice here. We've been together for 7 months. I am 34, shes 25 and haven't been the best
HELP Am I in a relationship but still in love with my ex? Cant figure it out!
Okay yall here we go. Please bare with meI do tell a good story though so yea, cuz my life is a ing mess lmao OK! So I am currently in a
One-way relationship
Hello :) I have a little dilemma and I would really appreciate some of your thoughts and advice you have to offer. I have been in a relationship
GF Won't change FB Relationship Status - I don't understand why.
Hello, I've never posted online about this kind of stuff before but I'm having a really odd situation and not sure what to do... Been with my
Advice please
Hi i have been with my boyfriend for over four years now and we are both in our 40s , everything we have a disagreement he blocks me on whatsapp and
Ex GF messaged me 3 days after break-up
My ex girlfriend i really loved dumped me on Monday for being really clingy and needy. She acted really cold and didn't want to talk to me that day

Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Ive been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Im at a really bad state of mind right now
Its been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, hes messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I dont care about), and has
Ask For Advice