Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56

Thread: Don't know what to do with myself :/

  1. #1
    25Kathryn
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    65

    Don't know what to do with myself :/

    I recently posted a thread about my relationship falling apart and me worrying it's getting to late for me to have kids.

    It was my birthday recently and me and my bf spend a lovely day away a day before that but on the next day, my actual birthday, we had a massive argument :/

    So yes, it looks like my relationship can't be saved :/ it's been a few days now and I feel really low today. He'll be home very late today and I just don't know what to do with myself. I can't focus on work and on anything. Planning to go to the gym after work but it's still a long time and I just feel like my heart will stop beating any minute. Tried going for a run at lunchtime but didn't help. I can't stop thinking about what happened and I feel so lonely now and so horrible.

    I know it will get better with time but I need something that would help me to feel better now as I may not survive until that phase is over :/

  2. #2
    j.man
    Platinum Member j.man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,261
    How did the argument happen? What was it about?

  3. #3
    25Kathryn
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by j.man [Register to see the link]
    How did the argument happen? What was it about?
    I had a lovely time the day before and he could see how happy I was. I said thank you several times and was all excited about that. But at some point the next day, I started to feel a bit sad but was trying not to show it too much. But I wasn't quite as bubbly as the day before. I was getting sad because of a mixture of things: because I'm at the point where another b-day means that I'm getting older and just want the time to stop, because a family member passed away and I miss her, even much so on that day, and because even though I was very grateful for the present he got me, I just wanted to feel loved and I was holing for some closeness.

    Now I know that man think that if they gave me a present, they ticked that box and they automatically scored like 1,000 brownie points but it doesn't work like this. All I needed and was hoping for was a nice hug and to hear that he loves me but I knew I couldn't count on him saying that. And I haven't heard that for a long time now so hoped that at least on my b-day he would make and effort to say it. But obviously he doesn't feel love towards me so it made me sad. And even though I didn't want to talk about that and was trying my best to simply enjoy the day, he just kept digging and digging and when I finally told him what I was missing, he went livid and kept saying how ungrateful I was.

  4. #4
    ~Seraphim ~
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    51
    Posts
    32,745
    Gender
    Female
    People say love in different ways . There are different expressions of love . For instance for my husband love is acts of service . While he does say I love you his expressions of love come in going to work ,making meals ,doing laundry and other menial tasks that's how he says I love you . But his means of supporting us is his big expression of I love you .

    Maybe the both of you don't understand how the other says I love you . You want it say it in words and he does it in a different way .

  5. #5
    25Kathryn
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~ [Register to see the link]
    Maybe the both of you don't understand how the other says I love you . You want it say it in words and he does it in a different way .
    I understand what you are saying but the thing is that he used to say it a lot, so yes, it was also his way of showing love - by saying it.
    When we started to argue, he shouted at me that I shouldn't expect him to say that he loves me if he doesn't feel like it because we are arguing so much. So here you go, he doesn't love me :/

  6. #6
    ~Seraphim ~
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    51
    Posts
    32,745
    Gender
    Female
    Quote Originally Posted by 25Kathryn [Register to see the link]
    I understand what you are saying but the thing is that he used to say it a lot, so yes, it was also his way of showing love - by saying it.
    When we started to argue, he shouted at me that I shouldn't expect him to say that he loves me if he doesn't feel like it because we are arguing so much. So here you go, he doesn't love me :/
    No ,it says he's frustrated by all the arguing why are you guys always arguing ?

  7. #7
    j.man
    Platinum Member j.man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,261
    There's also a difference between not actually loving someone and conditions not exactly being conducive to throwing the L word out there on a whim. As Victoria alludes, there's no real sense in showering someone with affection when things are looking and feeling toxic.

  8. #8
    25Kathryn
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~ [Register to see the link]
    No ,it says he's frustrated by all the arguing why are you guys always arguing ?
    About different things. Guess we have different expectations of what this relationship should look like.
    As I see it, he wants peace and quite, which is what I want too, but it means that I ave to sacrifice everything for him and he's never even compromising. It's more like: you want this relationship to work so you need to give everything up and forget about all your dreams and about what people normally expect from a relationship. So either he has everything his way or, if I want to have something for myself as well, we argue.

    I'm sad and frustrated as well. And don't know what to do any more.

  9. #9
    25Kathryn
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by j.man [Register to see the link]
    There's also a difference between not actually loving someone and conditions not exactly being conducive to throwing the L word out there on a whim. As Victoria alludes, there's no real sense in showering someone with affection when things are looking and feeling toxic.
    So what should I do... is the only solution to forget about the whole relationship thing?

  10. #10
    Andrina
    Platinum Member Andrina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    central Florida
    Posts
    2,110
    Gender
    Female
    What if you'd said: "I need a hug. I'm thinking about the family member who passed and feeling sad." Would he have given you a hug? Unless he's cold as ice, I'm sure he would've, and then you could've said. "Thank you. That makes me feel so much better." Those positive words would've given him positive reinforcement to repeat the behavior.

    People can't read your mind. Ask for what you want. If it's reasonable and they care, they will give you what you want. If they don't care, yes, it's time to move on.

    I don't know about your past history, but just reading this, it sounds like you expect your needs won't be fulfilled and you mope to signal your disappointment to your man, and then he gets irritated because he was clueless of what you wanted and now he feels less than for not reading your mind and being around someone in a bad mood.

    I don't know how you phrase things, but if you say, "you never . . ." instead of "I'd like it if you . . . " then you haven't mastered the best way to get what you want. Instead of accusing, ask for what you want. Maybe certain behaviors don't come naturally to him or he hasn't witnessed the behavior you seek from his own parents. You have to let him know what you want in a mellow tone, and like I said, if he cares he will want to please you. If he doesn't, walk away.

  11.  

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Dated, broke up, reconciled, had a relationship, now dumped again
I took a hiatus from this site because in the past year or so, I made so many bad decisions that I felt I could no longer, in good conscience, offer
how to help ex-girl (low self esteem) and help my relationship?
Girl Friend Broke up with me last week because she has low self-esteem issues possibly some depression. She says she canít be in a relationship right
Finding out he is married but I want him.... help
Right, this is a long story.... 8 Years ago, I left a cheating ex with our oldest and pregnant and since then I have been on my own. I have been
HELP Am I in a relationship but still in love with my ex? Cant figure it out!
Okay yíall here we go. Please bare with meÖI do tell a good story though so yea, cuz my life is a ing mess lmao OK! So I am currently in a
Is he interested or just playing with me?
So hereís my story. Iíve been with my boyfriend for 3,5 years and as we were about to cross 3 years mark our relationship was really struggling
How do I decide whether I want to stay with my boyfriend?
Hello everyone. Firstly I want to thank you for taking the time to read this. I have been with my boyfriend for over 2 years. We argued last week
My boyfriend keeps on cancelling plans
I have been with this guy for about 6 months, and we go weeks and weeks without seeing each because We usually do things on Friday and Saturday;

Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Iím at a really bad state of mind right now
Itís been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, heís messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I donít care about), and has
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •