Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My ex came back again.

mandeelove

My ex came back again.

My ex whom I broke up with in March 2016 has come back again. I posted about him a while ago coming back in March 2017 after 6 months NC. It didnt work out too good, though he made it seem he wanted me. We only talked a little. He made it clear the past couldnt be resolved so we had no chance. He then entered into a relationship which he told me nothing about at the time. I found out on facebook. I had a bf too at that time.

We both went nc. I tried him a few times in june but no response. Now he reached out a few days ago after 6 months. He sent me a job opening which has to do with my career. I broke nc, saying thanks and i will apply. He then wrote longer emails implying he missed me and re thought everything in his life and feels I was the love of his life, that noone compares to me, etc etc. Hes on a breakup with his gf which he said never gave him feelings like I did. They may or may not try again but he was honest about the whole thing. Something about her being immature. I also told him about my situation that went south after 18 months and that Im not ready to date etc.

He wants to talk more and meet but I just dont know. I was very honest and told him I feel hes using me bcuz his new gf went downhill but he assured me hes not. Our relationship was filled with love and i do feel he really loved me. He came back numerous times but it was just too soon or bad timing. I got a bf 3 months after our breakup. He always says Im the greatest love he ever felt. No girl has given him that since us .

Well Im hesitant for the obvious reasons. Plus hes in limbo with his ex GF. I did love the guy very deeply but Idk what to do. Hes been texting be daily reminicing on old times and how good we had it. Hes very open but not overly open to the point of fakeness.

Weve been broken up almost 2 years now. Something always draws us back in. I feel im a totally better person since then and him too. I dont think hes coming back to reconcile but it does sound like hes thought of it. Ive had strong intuition/signs that hes the one for me .

Should I continue talking to him and eventuslly meet up, or cut it off? When i went nc i did feel better and it cut down my addiction to him. Now that hes coming back i do feel excited to hear from him but not in that needy way which I owe to nc.

Any opinions on what to do next? I dont want to get hurt again but at the same time I do have desire to speak to him.

abitbroken
    Platinum Member
    The only reason he contact you was because he's on the rocks with his girlfriend. If she were to change her tune, he'd drop you like he did last time. Cut it off. And make sure the job wasn't at the same company he works for or don't apply. The job opportunity was just a cover for the real reason he contacted you. He already told you that you had no chance with him - so don't give him one

mandeelove
    Quote Originally Posted by abitbroken [Register to see the link]
    The only reason he contact you was because he's on the rocks with his girlfriend. If she were to change her tune, he'd drop you like he did last time. Cut it off. And make sure the job wasn't at the same company he works for or don't apply. The job opportunity was just a cover for the real reason he contacted you. He already told you that you had no chance with him - so don't give him one
    Thank you! No the job was a totally different field than his.

MissCanuck
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abitbroken [Register to see the link]
    Bingo.

Don't go there again with him, OP. He's not coming back for the right reasons and you are nearly guaranteed to get hurt all over again.

EDIT: I browsed your previous threads. Is this the same guy you once caught sexting other women?

mandeelove
    Quote Originally Posted by MissCanuck [Register to see the link]
    Bingo.

Don't go there again with him, OP. He's not coming back for the right reasons and you are nearly guaranteed to get hurt all over again.
    Thanks. Do you think I should tell him that or just continue to ignore? We spoke about 4 days now in a row.

Jillstrand23
    When you have chartered waters NOT together and has to make it on your own, it always, ALWAYS seems better when you look back and imagine a life with him , just use your imagination , do you really want to be back together with him ?

mandeelove
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillstrand23 [Register to see the link]
    When you have chartered waters NOT together and has to make it on your own, it always, ALWAYS seems better when you look back and imagine a life with him , just use your imagination , do you really want to be back together with him ?
    I do feel at times hes the one for me yes.. but dont know how that would work. I am also very experienced in dating and know I never felt that way for anyone. He openly admitted that too about his feelings. So I just dont know .

mandeelove
    Quote Originally Posted by MissCanuck [Register to see the link]
    Bingo.

EDIT: I browsed your previous threads. Is this the same guy you once caught sexting other women?
    Yes thats the reason we broke up but he was a changed man after that. I just couldnt trust again. It was better off breaking up.

MissCanuck
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mandeelove [Register to see the link]
    Yes thats the reason we broke up but he was a changed man after that. I just couldnt trust again. It was better off breaking up.
    Then this right here is exactly why you should not even entertain the idea of reconciling. Trust issues (rightfully!) and suspect timing and circumstances for his recent return?

This is so not worth the risk, girl.

Jillstrand23
    You are just going to have to be really careful going BACK to a new relationship. Its just unknown if you can be successful or not on a second try. I would stay away from him and clear your head so you can get a better perspective on things! Good luck Mandeelove.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Top Threads
Really need advice on this situation with my Ex-Girlfriend
Weíre both 32 and been together for 6 years. We both committed many mistakes during the last period of the relationship, and we lived
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
should i unblock my ex
My ex and I have been together for 3 years. we broke up on July and since then he blocked me for solid two months from everywhere. Until on September
My ex is moving away soon but I'm still in love with him
So, long story short, my ex broke up with me about two and a half months ago and I'm still not over him. When we first broke up he said that he
He won't leave this girl alone
So my ex and I broke up this year. We have been staying in contact and have been friends. I found out he was having Sex with another girl and was
Going through a rough time
My ex of almost three years just ended it last Tuesday, he has always had problems with my drive and ambition and this is not the first time he has

Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Iím at a really bad state of mind right now
Itís been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, heís messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I donít care about), and has
Ask For Advice