Extremely painful Yeast Infection sores

Ruble

I’m on day two of an incredibly painful yeast infection. I think it was caused by some antibiotics I was taking for a week for a UTI. On the last day of my antibiotics my vulva started to feel irritated and itchy, and that night I noticed ALOT of white chunky discharge. I went right to Walmart and got Monistat 3 day and inserted one ovule that night.

The next day my symptoms got worse. It wasn’t just itching or burning it was major pain and tenderness. I was all swollen down there and had difficulty sitting down. I also started to develop fever like symptoms. Aches, chills, that awful trembly feeling, and my lymph nodes in my neck hurt were really tender.

I looked at myself that night and noticed some sores on my labia and that at the base of my vaginal opening the skin was very dark purple and swolllen rigid.

I’ve still got one day of monistat left but the pain from these sores is unbearable. I tried using the anti itch cream that came with the monistat but it hurts too and I don’t think it’s supposed to be used on open wounds.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any ideas what I could apply to the open sores to help them heal faster or ease the pain. They hurt so bad and I have to work today and I just feel like I’m going to break down crying every second.

I’m on day two of an incredibly painful yeast infection. I think it was caused by some antibiotics I was taking for a week for a UTI. On the last day of my antibiotics my vulva started to feel irritated and itchy, and that night I noticed ALOT of white chunky discharge. I went right to Walmart and got Monistat 3 day and inserted one ovule that night.

The next day my symptoms got worse. It wasn’t just itching or burning it was major pain and tenderness. I was all swollen down there and had difficulty sitting down. I also started to develop fever like symptoms. Aches, chills, that awful trembly feeling, and my lymph nodes in my neck hurt were really tender.

I looked at myself that night and noticed some sores on my labia and that at the base of my vaginal opening the skin was very dark purple and swolllen rigid.

I’ve still got one day of monistat left but the pain from these sores is unbearable. I tried using the anti itch cream that came with the monistat but it hurts too and I don’t think it’s supposed to be used on open wounds.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any ideas what I could apply to the open sores to help them heal faster or ease the pain. They hurt so bad and I have to work today and I just feel like I’m going to break down crying every second.

Go to your doctor or a walk in clinic. Take the day off work (or half day) to do it when your symptoms are that extreme. It may be something other then a simple yeast infection and the monistat could be making things worse.

Yes probiotics are good for gut health.

The fact that she has a fever indicates that what she is suffering from is some sort of infection rather then a simple yeast infection. To be honest, Herpes came to mind and if that is the case (?) she'll do well to be on an antiviral med.

I also started to develop fever like symptoms. Aches, chills, that awful trembly feeling, and my lymph nodes in my neck hurt were really tender.
Yes probiotics are good for gut health.

The fact that she has a fever indicates that what she is suffering from is some sort of infection rather then a simple yeast infection. To be honest, Herpes came to mind and if that is the case (?) she'll do well to be on an antiviral med.

Yes. I would go to an urgent care because that doesn’t sound like your plain old ordinary yeast infection .

I would head straight to an urgent care. When taking an antibiotic always take a probiotic . Don't take it with the antibiotic of course take about four hours after . Or several hours in between doses .

YUp. the probiotic is key. As Seraphim, mentioned, never take the probiotic with the meds. Wait three to four hours after taking your meds.

Same here... I have IBS and since being on them I have suffered far less symptoms.

Unfortunately, it was not effective for me. Low fat and cutting back on coffee has been best for me. We all react differently.

I also think it depends on the quality of the probiotic.

Same here... I have IBS and since being on them I have suffered far less symptoms.

Absolutely. I was almost housebound due to never ending diarrhea at the beginning of the year. Between IBS ,anti-seizure meds causing diarrhea and antibiotics every month for sinus infections causing diarrhea I was almost housebound . I almost literally could not leave my house and I had to work . Now with probiotics it is only occasionally not 25 times a day.

Archived