Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extremely painful Yeast Infection sores

Ruble

Extremely painful Yeast Infection sores

Iím on day two of an incredibly painful yeast infection. I think it was caused by some antibiotics I was taking for a week for a UTI. On the last day of my antibiotics my vulva started to feel irritated and itchy, and that night I noticed ALOT of white chunky discharge. I went right to Walmart and got Monistat 3 day and inserted one ovule that night.

The next day my symptoms got worse. It wasnít just itching or burning it was major pain and tenderness. I was all swollen down there and had difficulty sitting down. I also started to develop fever like symptoms. Aches, chills, that awful trembly feeling, and my lymph nodes in my neck hurt were really tender.

I looked at myself that night and noticed some sores on my labia and that at the base of my vaginal opening the skin was very dark purple and swolllen rigid.

Iíve still got one day of monistat left but the pain from these sores is unbearable. I tried using the anti itch cream that came with the monistat but it hurts too and I donít think itís supposed to be used on open wounds.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any ideas what I could apply to the open sores to help them heal faster or ease the pain. They hurt so bad and I have to work today and I just feel like Iím going to break down crying every second.

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I would head straight to an urgent care. When taking an antibiotic always take a probiotic . Don't take it with the antibiotic of course take about four hours after . Or several hours in between doses .

ThatwasThen
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruble [Register to see the link]
    Iím on day two of an incredibly painful yeast infection. I think it was caused by some antibiotics I was taking for a week for a UTI. On the last day of my antibiotics my vulva started to feel irritated and itchy, and that night I noticed ALOT of white chunky discharge. I went right to Walmart and got Monistat 3 day and inserted one ovule that night.

The next day my symptoms got worse. It wasnít just itching or burning it was major pain and tenderness. I was all swollen down there and had difficulty sitting down. I also started to develop fever like symptoms. Aches, chills, that awful trembly feeling, and my lymph nodes in my neck hurt were really tender.

I looked at myself that night and noticed some sores on my labia and that at the base of my vaginal opening the skin was very dark purple and swolllen rigid.

Iíve still got one day of monistat left but the pain from these sores is unbearable. I tried using the anti itch cream that came with the monistat but it hurts too and I donít think itís supposed to be used on open wounds.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any ideas what I could apply to the open sores to help them heal faster or ease the pain. They hurt so bad and I have to work today and I just feel like Iím going to break down crying every second.
    Go to your doctor or a walk in clinic. Take the day off work (or half day) to do it when your symptoms are that extreme. It may be something other then a simple yeast infection and the monistat could be making things worse.

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    It is always good to take a good probiotic daily for good health anyway.

ThatwasThen
    Yes probiotics are good for gut health.
    The fact that she has a fever indicates that what she is suffering from is some sort of infection rather then a simple yeast infection. To be honest, Herpes came to mind and if that is the case (?) she'll do well to be on an antiviral med.

I also started to develop fever like symptoms. Aches, chills, that awful trembly feeling, and my lymph nodes in my neck hurt were really tender.

~Seraphim ~
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatwasThen [Register to see the link]
    Yes probiotics are good for gut health.
    The fact that she has a fever indicates that what she is suffering from is some sort of infection rather then a simple yeast infection. To be honest, Herpes came to mind and if that is the case (?) she'll do well to be on an antiviral med.
    Yes. I would go to an urgent care because that doesnít sound like your plain old ordinary yeast infection .

MissCanuck
    Platinum Member
    This is likely something more than a simple yeast infection, OP. I am not a medical professional by any stretch, but I have to admit that like another poster, I wonder if this is a herpes outbreak.

Please do get to a doctor or clinic as soon as you can.

melancholy123
    Good grief, why havent you gone to the doctor? Some advice here, but none of us are doctors.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~ [Register to see the link]
    I would head straight to an urgent care. When taking an antibiotic always take a probiotic . Don't take it with the antibiotic of course take about four hours after . Or several hours in between doses .
    YUp. the probiotic is key. As Seraphim, mentioned, never take the probiotic with the meds. Wait three to four hours after taking your meds.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~ [Register to see the link]
    It is always good to take a good probiotic daily for good health anyway.
    There is new news on probiotics. Not recommended for daily intake.

[Register to see the link]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Too Much Vitamin B ... And Coffee
Hey guys, so lately and on weekends especially, I've been feeling very wired/wound up, trouble sleeping, a bit "moody" lots of energy. Last night
Kidney pain with no kidney stones?
I've had a very strange and alarming pain in my left kidney for the past five years. I'm 24 and have had a fair few years of UTIs which were
Iím at a stage of giving up on everything??
Iíve been struggling with my physical and mental health for most of my life, I started feeling severely suicidal by first grade. I was diagnosed with
Too Much CoffeeVitamin B
So lately and on weekends especially, I've been feeling very wired/wound up, trouble sleeping or too much sleep. Last night was out with BF till
Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Iím at a really bad state of mind right now
Itís been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, heís messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I donít care about), and has
Ask For Advice