Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extremely painful Yeast Infection sores

Ruble

Extremely painful Yeast Infection sores

Iím on day two of an incredibly painful yeast infection. I think it was caused by some antibiotics I was taking for a week for a UTI. On the last day of my antibiotics my vulva started to feel irritated and itchy, and that night I noticed ALOT of white chunky discharge. I went right to Walmart and got Monistat 3 day and inserted one ovule that night.

The next day my symptoms got worse. It wasnít just itching or burning it was major pain and tenderness. I was all swollen down there and had difficulty sitting down. I also started to develop fever like symptoms. Aches, chills, that awful trembly feeling, and my lymph nodes in my neck hurt were really tender.

I looked at myself that night and noticed some sores on my labia and that at the base of my vaginal opening the skin was very dark purple and swolllen rigid.

Iíve still got one day of monistat left but the pain from these sores is unbearable. I tried using the anti itch cream that came with the monistat but it hurts too and I donít think itís supposed to be used on open wounds.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any ideas what I could apply to the open sores to help them heal faster or ease the pain. They hurt so bad and I have to work today and I just feel like Iím going to break down crying every second.

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I would head straight to an urgent care. When taking an antibiotic always take a probiotic . Don't take it with the antibiotic of course take about four hours after . Or several hours in between doses .

ThatwasThen
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruble [Register to see the link]
    Iím on day two of an incredibly painful yeast infection. I think it was caused by some antibiotics I was taking for a week for a UTI. On the last day of my antibiotics my vulva started to feel irritated and itchy, and that night I noticed ALOT of white chunky discharge. I went right to Walmart and got Monistat 3 day and inserted one ovule that night.

The next day my symptoms got worse. It wasnít just itching or burning it was major pain and tenderness. I was all swollen down there and had difficulty sitting down. I also started to develop fever like symptoms. Aches, chills, that awful trembly feeling, and my lymph nodes in my neck hurt were really tender.

I looked at myself that night and noticed some sores on my labia and that at the base of my vaginal opening the skin was very dark purple and swolllen rigid.

Iíve still got one day of monistat left but the pain from these sores is unbearable. I tried using the anti itch cream that came with the monistat but it hurts too and I donít think itís supposed to be used on open wounds.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any ideas what I could apply to the open sores to help them heal faster or ease the pain. They hurt so bad and I have to work today and I just feel like Iím going to break down crying every second.
    Go to your doctor or a walk in clinic. Take the day off work (or half day) to do it when your symptoms are that extreme. It may be something other then a simple yeast infection and the monistat could be making things worse.

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    It is always good to take a good probiotic daily for good health anyway.

ThatwasThen
    Yes probiotics are good for gut health.
    The fact that she has a fever indicates that what she is suffering from is some sort of infection rather then a simple yeast infection. To be honest, Herpes came to mind and if that is the case (?) she'll do well to be on an antiviral med.

I also started to develop fever like symptoms. Aches, chills, that awful trembly feeling, and my lymph nodes in my neck hurt were really tender.

~Seraphim ~
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatwasThen [Register to see the link]
    Yes probiotics are good for gut health.
    The fact that she has a fever indicates that what she is suffering from is some sort of infection rather then a simple yeast infection. To be honest, Herpes came to mind and if that is the case (?) she'll do well to be on an antiviral med.
    Yes. I would go to an urgent care because that doesnít sound like your plain old ordinary yeast infection .

MissCanuck
    Platinum Member
    This is likely something more than a simple yeast infection, OP. I am not a medical professional by any stretch, but I have to admit that like another poster, I wonder if this is a herpes outbreak.

Please do get to a doctor or clinic as soon as you can.

melancholy123
    Good grief, why havent you gone to the doctor? Some advice here, but none of us are doctors.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~ [Register to see the link]
    I would head straight to an urgent care. When taking an antibiotic always take a probiotic . Don't take it with the antibiotic of course take about four hours after . Or several hours in between doses .
    YUp. the probiotic is key. As Seraphim, mentioned, never take the probiotic with the meds. Wait three to four hours after taking your meds.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~ [Register to see the link]
    It is always good to take a good probiotic daily for good health anyway.
    There is new news on probiotics. Not recommended for daily intake.

[Register to see the link]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
PTSD after breakup?
I was dating a girl for about 8 months, which was always afraid that she might be the "second violin" or something like that, despite the fact that I
moms health declining, may have to send her back to a nursing home
Hey everyone, I just came on there to vent and hear (or should I say, read) from the voice of others. I posted about this a while ago, but will give
best friend's mom has end stage COPD, needs advice
It's been a long time since I've posted on here. I used to be quite active on here. Tim and I are still pretty close friends. I'm also good friends
Improving Concentration and Memiry
I've had a lot of instability in my life for a long time. I've lived on my own for three and a half years. A bit over 2 years ago, after moving
Featured Threads
Moving in together with my almost one year boyfriend but one big issue
Dear All, I haven't been back here for a while now. I have decided to post here instead than in the "pets" section, because I didn't want to
Back from the holidays: waiting for him to contact me
I am back form my holidays. I went away three weeks. We had two great dates before I went away. During the holidays we texted a few times, the
Should I do it?
Maybe itís because Iím such a nostalgic person, Itís going to be a full year since our breakup las January. I still think about her every f*cking day
He chose his lodgers side so I broke up with him but still love him
I just broke up with my boyfriend of one year because 4 months ago he let a friend move into his house with him she asked him ,and in turn he asked
Feeling unsure after 4 years and before marriage
Me and my fiancť are together for 4 years now, both in our mid 30s, had an engagement not long ago. We live in [B]MY [/B] apartment. I feel
Broke up with gf
So back story 4 months into the relationship. She knows about while she hasn't met my friends she knows of them. I know not much about her past. I
Girlfriend having abortion and says she needs time to herself. What do I do?
Hello, this is my first post in this forum and I am struggling and need a lot of help. 2 weeks ago my girlfriend found out she was pregnant, we are
Ask For Advice