Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I contact my crush's mom??

Sunny1008

Should I contact my crush's mom??

Hi all,

When I was in elementary school, there was a boy who had a crush on me for pretty much our entire grade school career. At the time, I didn't think much of it because we were kids. Now we are both in our mid-30s, neither of us has been married or has kids. We've kept in touch off and on over the years. Now that I'm an adult, I have started to have feelings for him. I think he and I would be a good match because we both come from good families, have similar backgrounds, etc. I've reached out to him a few times recently, but he's not interested at all. He's more interested in "bad" girls.

I recently found out his mother has been telling people "she needs to find a nice, good girl" for her son. Well, I am a nice, good girl! Should I reach out to his mother to plant the seed, or just let this whole thing go??

Thanks for any input you might have!

pippy longstocking
    Platinum Member
    No darling no no no

He gets to choose his own path , not what his mother wants and she cannot influence him to be with you , he is a grown man .

Let it go
    Last edited by pippy longstocking; 11-04-2017 at 05:44 PM.

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Uuuuuuh no . If my mom was interfering in my love life in my 30ís I would just... well.

Sunny1008
    Oh that's true...I did not think about it that way! Thank you for the perspective!

MissCanuck
    Platinum Member
    Good lord, no

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    No. He is not interested.

j.man
    OP, I'm gonna need you to pour yourself a glass of water and take a drink.

firelily
    Bronze Member
    It sounds like you don't expect him to fall in romantic love with you, but be with you for rational reasons because you are "a good match" and "from a good family". Nothing wrong with that approach to relationships, but he may have a different one and romantic interest he has in these girls is more important to him than purely rational reasons. And he doesn't have that interest in you. Either way, it's his choice and he didn't choose you.

If you feel like you need to find yourself someone, being in your 30s, maybe give dating sites a try? Especially the ones oriented for people who had similar values to you, so that you could find yourself someone compatible, from a good family, with similar background, and actually interested.

willdation
    Gold Member
    Hmm....Did he say why?

I remember once my grandparents and uncle tried to set me up with this girl as they are friends with her parents...She ended up stopping by during our family Christmas at my uncle's place and it was all kinda set up...I just remember her asking me, "You want me to grab you a beer?" then she asks if I want to go for a ride with her in her car....she parks the car, says that the music is too loud, turns it off, then tries to makeout with me....I guess she comes from one of the few US families that had property on an oil field, so they are completely loaded and she had an allowance of like $50,000 per week...

Anyways, regardless of the money and the fact that If I would marry her I would own like 10 houses, have a private jet, and whatever LOL....I was just turned off by the whole situation and she wasn't really my type...maybe it was cause my family kept on telling me to go for her....They probably think I am gay now LOL

pippy longstocking
    Platinum Member
    They probably think I am gay now LOL
    oh well you're the man for me

( too long to explain )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Dated, broke up, reconciled, had a relationship, now dumped again
I took a hiatus from this site because in the past year or so, I made so many bad decisions that I felt I could no longer, in good conscience, offer
Ladies...Help please! Is my girl losing intrest or is she really busy?
Hey friends. I'd really appreciate some female advice here. We've been together for 7 months. I am 34, shes 25 and haven't been the best
how to help ex-girl (low self esteem) and help my relationship?
Girl Friend Broke up with me last week because she has low self-esteem issues possibly some depression. She says she canít be in a relationship right
Finding out he is married but I want him.... help
Right, this is a long story.... 8 Years ago, I left a cheating ex with our oldest and pregnant and since then I have been on my own. I have been
Is he interested or just playing with me?
So hereís my story. Iíve been with my boyfriend for 3,5 years and as we were about to cross 3 years mark our relationship was really struggling
HELP Am I in a relationship but still in love with my ex? Cant figure it out!
Okay yíall here we go. Please bare with meÖI do tell a good story though so yea, cuz my life is a ing mess lmao OK! So I am currently in a
How do I decide whether I want to stay with my boyfriend?
Hello everyone. Firstly I want to thank you for taking the time to read this. I have been with my boyfriend for over 2 years. We argued last week

Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Iím at a really bad state of mind right now
Itís been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, heís messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I donít care about), and has
Ask For Advice