Ask For Advice

Thread: Was he asking if I was gay?

pauljones1990

Was he asking if I was gay?

Hi. I'm a gay person, who is living a straight life. I work with a younger man, who I really get along with. I've had a feeling for some time now that he may also be gay, but we're both too shy and probably embarrassed to ask each other! We work with some very homophobic colleagues too.

Last night, he offered me a ride back from a stag do, but I already had an offer of a ride, so I said no. I later texted him, saying "You're a good man." He replied saying "You might be fantastic, but you might just be good. " I replied "I'd rather be the former ;-)" He then said "You probably are" I then said "So are you......Well, probably;-)" he replied with "Agreed

Do you think he was asking me if I was gay. I kind of think so, but maybe I'm dreaming it because I want it to be true!

Thank you.

pippy longstocking
    Platinum Member
    FAB ...oh it sounds like a flirt off to me ... must be a nightmare as a gay man in a homophobic environment trying to work this out .

pauljones1990

Thanks for your thoughts. I hope it is because I'd love to be with him. The trouble is that if I'm wrong then my life will be hell in work. It's a nightmare, just like you said! Maybe I should just risk it, but I don't know how to go about it if I'm honest.

pippy longstocking
    Platinum Member
    I don't honestly know how to best advise because I would hate for you to then get a bad time at work . I would say maybe keep up the texting as you are , not blatant but a little flirty like you have been doing .

KevinDaniel

It was def. Flirtatious. I don't think he was asking you if he was gay but he was def flirting. I believe straight guys can be flirtatious with one another just messing around without being gay or bi curious. I would just see how this progresses and if you both continue this flirtatious behavior just ask him out right if he's gay bi etc. Just be like so are you just messing with Me or what. Your not gunna know if u don't ask or pursue it

Ask For Advice