Very Very Long distace

rishav31

I met this girl from Ireland in a mumbai club and we liked each other instantly. We dated for 2 weeks and then she had to go back. We knew it before also so we had decided not to start any relationship. But at the airport she hugged me and told me to be in touch as she has feelings for me. she was even crying at that time. So we remained in touch and 4 months back we got into relationship and made it official. Everything was going well and still going well. We used to talk everyday and skype once in a week. But since last two weeks shes too busy with her work but then also she is taking out time for me almost everyday. We have decided to skype everyday even for 5 min as texting consumes a lot of time. Both of us have a very different ambitions. Sometimes she tells me that she want to settle in india with me as i have very good paying job but some other time she will say she cant get settled at one place. Now I have started to think about future but i cant picture anything very clearly. she wants me to visit her next year and it will take a lot of money but i dont want to throw my money if we dont have a future. Please someone suggest something to clear my mind because i am too confused.

You had a 2 week hang out with a special person from the other side of the world and you have both been hanging onto each other across the world via the internet, trying to maintain some form of friendship in hope of one day meeting again. It's a nice dream to have, one I have had that after a year I ended because there was little chance of ever meeting.

This is what I think will happen with you two. Unless there are active plans in palce to move together, you will end up fading out from each other and getting back to living life in the real world. That you are now seeing little cracks appearing in your plans is testament to this, IMO. If she was travelling when you met her in a club, then she may not wish to be stuck to one place, while you may not be interested in travelling. How do you compromise on this?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived