Long story short I just learned that a woman I have been long attracted to, a woman who I can still remember vividly the day I met, who I can tell you how much she struck me with her beauty, grace, and soul (mostly soul) on the first day I met her; is getting a separation from her husband.

I don't know the reasons, but her happiness is paramount to me; and I am having a heck of a time going between excited for having a potential second chance and feeling awful that she is not content with her life. I do want to go and seek her out, and maybe get some closure or maybe reconnect with the woman I have long held a light for. i am scared out of my wits and yet determined to press on Regardless in trying to reopen the lines of communication. I do not want to be a rebound, but i cannot afford to wait silently by for my own sake.

I don't know how you avoid being the rebound guy. You make the perfect rebound guy. But you can offer to take her out so she can forget her troubles, if only for an hour or two, have a nice dinner, listen to her problems, and hope that you can get closer to her. If she says it's too soon, wait two weeks and ask again. You might get to her.

Archived