Unsure on girlfriends actions and what is next to do?!

John8811

Hi guys, I really need your help on what to do, basically my self and partner have been in the process of buying a house, we had offer accepted and then there was a problem regarding an extra cost which we were unable to afford. We were both absolute broken and gutted. From that I had a really bad relapse and my old gambling habit hit me in trying to win the money for our dream house. I lost all money in my bank account and maxed my overdraft, but the worst thing was I went into the wedding account which only she had paid into and took some money from there to feed my habit... I had to then tell her everything what i had done. She was broken in pieces, she was angry and upset. She let her aggressions out by hitting me, she has since started burning her self with her cigarettes and saying it’s because of me. We have been through a hell of lot together over the passed 24 months and due to marry next year. We are currently living at home with my parents and her son. All of her friends have said to leave me and she deserves better, but do everything I can and the stuff we dealt with last year is madness. I really wanna Work this through. She is very temperamental one min happy then brings everything back up again. Help?

Well, you've hurt her a lot and you stole from her. You haven't said anything about how you're going to pay her back and raise more money for a house. You should have laid out a plan on how you were going to take a second job to raise that money, pay it all back and buy that house so that you two can be together. I haven't heard you saying any of these things in your post.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry on delayed response.. I have gone ahead and worked on getting a second job to get back to where we were before hand. I’m selling some of my personal belongings to raise funds.

But since I have learnt that her finances are as good either but she doesn’t see there is a problem with that as mine are more in debt should I say. She has a lot of outgoings and even though she says I don’t think she would be able to to afford the mortgage if we was to get one.

Because am I wrong in thinking that it should be split the bills. She earns about 5k less than me a year.

Archived