Possible Infidelity? Keeping a cool head but...

BadHabits

Long story short, I've been with my gf for 9 months now. Recent events have put strain on our relationship and I feel like I'm catching on to some things...she recently had a medically induced miscarriage, if it counts for anything in this scenario. Well, what brings me here is that I want to feel like I'm not crazy. I mean, I've let her respect for me fall a bit....after she kept the ship afloat for a minute when I lost my job. I'm not jobless anymore though. We also have another woman living in the house now (her best friend) who is also bisexual, but shes been going through a really rough time so I'm chill.

Well, I've had my suspicions for awhile now. We're still together even though she felt splitting was best, right? Well my justification is that she WANTS to make it work with me, or else she just wouldn't be with me, right? She is bisexual, which i thought nothing of until I started seeing things. I've expressed my insecurity to her *(went over the top with it once) that i feel she may want something I can't give her and that if that ever was the case, to trust me enough to tell me. So me being beyond irrational fear at this point, I've tallied that she flashed her once to a room of women. when I looked, I see my gf looking at her deviously, and the otherone staring at her goods that i thought were reserved for me.

Well, last night I come home from work and she expresses that she has bruises on her inner thigh. The same side that has a swollen labia (shes alllergic to certain things in pads which has made her kinda raw after the miscarriage and the bleeding). Well there's a trail of them, leading from just above the knee to the lower inner thigh, 3 small ones getting closer to her groin, and one about the size of a quarter, that is dark bluish purple, and is fading away. I asked her about it a couple of times, and she proclaimed that "She doesn't know" how she got it. she said it once, really quick to the punch and matter-of-factly. I LOVE and ADORE this woman. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt, but after some things that happened (like her openly expressing in a joking manner that her friend whispered in her ear that she would her right in front of me).....I really don't know. She used to sleep in her panties with me but now she always puts shorts or pjs. Am I just thinking too hard, am I crazy, or do my irrational what ifs have any merit? I've never cheated, have been cheated on, and I feel thats where my reservations kick in....I find it hard to believe you can be bruised in succession in that area and not know how those marks got there.

I know it seems like I'm not handling this right, or maybe that I'm just freaking out.....It just *feels* fishy.

My thoughts:

1) One should always pay attention to their gut instinct, especially if it's a nagging feeling like you describe.

2) Flashing her bisexual friend is akin to flashing another male. Plain disrespectful.

3) Imo, the miscarriage is no excuse.

Disclaimer: Being bisexual is a deal-breaker for me as I would always wonder about their ability to stay constant in their choice of me over the other sex.

So she just had an abortion. So you recently got her pregnant?

How was that for her? For you?

Do you get along otherwise?

Is she brazen and sexual normally? (personally I have a bunch of friends male and female who have seen me naked and who I've also seen naked we can make sexual jokes like that and it's a friendly normal part of our friendships)

From what you've written, you come across as a pretty much normal straight laced guy who is involved in a rather unconventional situation that isn't working for you. Your gf is bi, aka not conventional, this other friend living with you is also bi. The sexual tension between them seems almost palpable, yet here you are expecting a conventional life. I don't think it's possible given your choices of a mate. Either you are willing to explore unconventional relationships or you need to move on.

From what you've written, you come across as a pretty much normal straight laced guy who is involved in a rather unconventional situation that isn't working for you. Your gf is bi, aka not conventional, this other friend living with you is also bi. The sexual tension between them seems almost palpable, yet here you are expecting a conventional life. I don't think it's possible given your choices of a mate. Either you are willing to explore unconventional relationships or you need to move on.

Some very good truths there ^^^^

The fact you "LOVE and ADORE" her is blinding you from the obvious; she's exciting precisely because she's so different from you and she's with you because extroverts / flighty people often appreciate being with rule-based partners. Something about keeping them grounded.

I am sorry this is happening to you / got this far. She is not for you. She is transgressive by nature. She will stray and she will hurt you more than breaking up with her would.

Archived