Is he really busy or he's pretending to be?

cllco3

I've been in a long distant relationship for 5 months now with a guy that I grew up with. We were doing pretty good at the beginning until he started university in September. That's when he'd text less and see my messages but not reply. He never calls unless I ask or if he wants something. I tried telling him that we should set aside a few minutes every night (even 10mins) to catch up and that we should Skype on weekends but he doesn't do that. I see him online (whatsapp) sometimes but he doesn't text me. He says he's busy studying for exams; I don't believe him anymore because everybody takes a break sometime, and if he's busy but online and ignoring me what does that mean? I'm starting to think he may have found another girl who's closer. I've told him how I feel about us not communicating and the importance of communication in an LDR but he never does anything about it. And when he doesn't text for 2 or 3 days the only thing he says when he starts talking to me again is 'Hy'. Any ideas what I should do?

You're right, if you're important to someone, they will make time. If they're not making time and only making excuses, then its best you cut your losses.

You don't need to be with someone who is going to treat you badly or make you feel last place. Give yourself better and move on from this guy.

Exactly. I'm just scared to be the one to break up with him..

ย 

Why? He isn't talking to you unless you force it, you are both too far away to have a meaningful relationship and it certainly sounds like he is totally checked out of this. More like barely keeping you on the back burner than actively participating in a relationship. Just tell him politely that you've realized that the distance thing is not for you and that's that. Ye olde it's not you it's me line. In this case no deep explanations required and you don't need to blame him for anything. It is what it is, maybe you can stay friends, maybe you can try again some time if you are ever in the same area. You can end this very nicely.

Why? He isn't talking to you unless you force it, you are both too far away to have a meaningful relationship and it certainly sounds like he is totally checked out of this. More like barely keeping you on the back burner than actively participating in a relationship. Just tell him politely that you've realized that the distance thing is not for you and that's that. Ye olde it's not you it's me line. In this case no deep explanations required and you don't need to blame him for anything. It is what it is, maybe you can stay friends, maybe you can try again some time if you are ever in the same area. You can end this very nicely.

ย 

I get what you mean. I really do feel more like just a friend to him now. I guess its time to take a hint.

if i was you i would simply ghost him. if he ever gets in touch dont bother answering. if he wanted to make a go of a relationship with you he would set aside time to skype/talk/whatever.

you should move on and forget about him.

good luck.

ย 

Thanks...I'm gonna need all the luck I can get.

Exactly. I'm just scared to be the one to break up with him..

ย 

Breaking up w/him is a heck of a lot better then him continuing to disappoint you. I was w/a guy long distance who was same and every time there a day w/out a text from him or a missed video call, my heart would drop. I was afraid of letting him and I'm thankful he broke it off, I would have never done it. Being w/someone who isn't too "busy" for me is amazing and I am a lot happier w/a guy who actually cares about me. I feel for you, dump this poor excuse for a bf and go out there and meet someone else. Good Luck!

Thanks y'all for your comments. I initiated contact with him last night after he hadn't texted me for 3 days. He replied with 'been studying, exams are around the corner. How have you been.' I then wrote that I'm sure if he wanted to talk to me he would have. Then he didn't reply. He called me twice at around 11pm. I was ready to sleep so I didn't answer. After the two calls he only wrote 'please pick up' and left it at that. I haven't said anything to him and don't intend to. He's been online today but not even trying to mend things between us. I wanna see how long he'll take until he tries to get in touch again. Either way I'm done with him.

Archived