Do I break No Contact?

BrotherMister

I'm 9 days into No Contact. Last week I shipped her things back but no one was in to collect the delivery. They've been taken to a different post office than the one I thought they would be at, not the closest one to the delivery address which is where she would surely go to pick them up, and since she has no idea I sent her things back I'm wondering if it's right to break no contact to say where her stuff is.

I feel it's respectful to let her know where her belongings are but at the same time how do I do that without setting myself back?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not break NO CONTACT.!!!!!!!!

If you got the address right, the PO will deliver eventually....

If it is wrong, it will come back to you and then you send it all when "SHE" contacts you...

or better yet, let her come get it herself....

Have some self value...

Thats tough one for you. I can see the advise saying no, dont do it. If she doesnt get it she will contact you.

I can see the other side that it wouldnt be a bad thing to say, i sent your stuff.

I guess that all depends on you. This shouldnt be an excuse to say hey, I want you back and Oh by the Way, I sent your stuff back. Or ask her how she is doing or if there is a chance... this should not be an excuse to open a door. If you can honestly say its to say I sent your stuff.. then okay.

Can you call the post office and tell them that you no longer speak to this person but the items need to be sent to the other post office near her? If you do that, it might confuse her if she's got some notification of where her items are

I think it would be fine to break no contact for this, personally, but only to send one message and then don't respond to anything you get back

If you're doing NC so you can get over her, then it doesn't matter too much to do the polite thing.

If you're doing it because you want her back, I still think she'd rather that you tell her where her stuff is than let her figure it out and run around on her own

Where I live though, they leave a calling card explicitly stating where the items are, including the street address of the post office even if it's not the nearest one. I assume she will have that information and you can just contact the post office to check if she's picked up the items in a week

Sent a message. Basically said I’d sent her stuff (she hadn’t asked for it back but I took control) and it’s not at her local post office and said where it was. I added to just give whatever I left at hers to charity. Decided that allowed me to keep control of the situation as well. Kept it short and to the point.

Don’t feel bad for doing it. I feel I’ve done the right thing and I can put that to rest.

Sent a message. Basically said I’d sent her stuff (she hadn’t asked for it back but I took control) and it’s not at her local post office and said where it was. I added to just give whatever I left at hers to charity. Decided that allowed me to keep control of the situation as well. Kept it short and to the point.

Don’t feel bad for doing it. I feel I’ve done the right thing and I can put that to rest.

yep , all sounds good to me , well done .

I got a reply. She said I didn't need to send it to send her it all but she thanked me for doing so. She offered to send me my things because she didn't want to give them away since they belonged to me. I replied just saying I didn't want any of it so she can give it away. Then I got an 'Ok' reply. That's the final order of business done with.

Archived