Ended With a Stringer, But Owes Me $$

ChellyV

Yes, yes, yes, stupid thing to have done.

This stringer, who happens to be my Boss, would promise a call, dinner, a kiss, etc. I think the attraction was genuine, its just we were both headed in different directions. I wanting to pursue, and he does not. After months of incessant text flirting, today I ended it. He said we will have dinner and it just doesnt happen! All the promises to do something just do not happen! And I just had it with that. I said, please stop stringing me along and let us each move on. Period. I feel bad, mostly relieved. I am sure I will miss him but I know better not to act on that.

The thing is, two months ago, he claims his ATM jammed and he needed cash to fly out of state. He has back to back meetings and cannot make a bank run. Advised me twice he will pay on Monday, and then will hand me cash today. Many days over, I still do not have it.

I have politely reminded him but nothing. This man is my boss! How "un"class of him, but yes that is him. Do you conveniently forget a $500 loan? How do I collect?

Hopefully you have something in writing to prove your case, otherwise it's his word against yours.

No, nothing. It happened at the height of my blindness, so I thought I will not be abused like that.

He has so much to lose in the company, I hope he doesn't pull things like this..

You may have a case in small claims court. as verbal agreements can be argued. I would get a hold of your bank statement showing the date of the withdrawal and go from there. Before suing, try one more time and set a date you need the money by. If that date comes and goes, tell him you will see him in court, and start looking for another job.

oh yikes. This is kind of a messy situation, especially since he's your boss and can fire you! Is there an HR department? If your boss borrowed money from you and hasn't repaid you, this might be the type of issue you would want to bring up to HR. To be honest, I would just start looking for a new job. You don't have a lot of great options here. The easiest (and safest for your career) is probably to kiss the money goodbye and forget the flirting ever happened.

Go talk to your HR dept.

He may be your boss, but he, as well as you, and everyone employed there, is under the authority of the HR Dept whose rules/guidelines come from and approved by the top officials of the company.

They will talk to him, and you, and thereafter determine what the best course of action is.

Whether that results in your getting your money back, can't say, but he should NOT have asked you, a subordinate, for money, that was completely inappropriate and considered egregious, along with all his suggestive comments and "promises" good grief.

He needs to be fired.

If they don't fire him, they may and probably will transfer you.

If there is no HR Dept. then contact your local Labour Relations branch in your vicinity and ask them if you can do anything about his sexual harassment. He is your boss and by the sounds of it, he's using your naiviety to take advantage of you in a couple of ways.

Agree with TwT, you can file a claim, on line even. It's very easy, working in employment law, I've done it, just to learn the process.

They will contact you, ask more questions, and then conduct an investigation.

It's tedious, but $500 is nothing to sneeze at, not to mention all his inappropriate comments and promises, which fall under the legal definition of sexual harassment.

I just read today that Bill O'Rielly (Fox News) settled a sex harassment case for 32 million!

Not sure but don't think sex happened, just a bunch of very inappropriate comments.

32 million to one woman!

Archived