My boyfriend said I have nothing to offer?

katygirl333

It sounds to me like he's really mistreating and verbally abusing you and you should probably leave him. You didn't really give us any context though. Did he say this in the heat of a huge fight? Were you just sitting there minding your own business and he just walked up to you and starting denigrating you out of the blue? What happened and does it happen often?

It sounds to me like he's really mistreating and verbally abusing you and you should probably leave him. You didn't really give us any context though. Did he say this in the heat of a huge fight? Were you just sitting there minding your own business and he just walked up to you and starting denigrating you out of the blue? What happened and does it happen often?

Well last weekend I told him about how my family wants to get to know him better. And I wish he would come and celebrate one holiday with me and my family. Since last year he didn’t, I celebrated with his. Anyway, he was getting annoyed and said that we can celebrate with our own family’s and he doesn’t need to get to know my family better that he knows enough people already. That really bugged me. So anyway we didn’t text each other the next day because we were both mad at each other. The next day after that, he texted me saying hi and I didn’t respond. He sent me 2 more texts later asking if I was going to reply. Then another text saying “whatever” and so I replied hours later because I was still bothered by his comments. And then after I replied and he said that he was going to tell me that he missed me but never mind he wasn’t totally convinced. And made up a lie about some chick he met. ( I knew he lied about it) and started saying that sex is the only important thing in a relationship. Then later he started telling me that he works so hard and all this stuff. He’s trying to move out and get a place and that I have nothing to offer and that I am a nobody. When I am going to school and have a part time job.

Context, please.

Well last weekend I told him about how my family wants to get to know him better. And I wish he would come and celebrate one holiday with me and my family. Since last year he didn’t, I celebrated with his. Anyway, he was getting annoyed and said that we can celebrate with our own family’s and he doesn’t need to get to know my family better that he knows enough people already. That really bugged me. So anyway we didn’t text each other the next day because we were both mad at each other. The next day after that, he texted me saying hi and I didn’t respond. He sent me 2 more texts later asking if I was going to reply. Then another text saying “whatever” and so I replied hours later because I was still bothered by his comments. And then after I replied and he said that he was going to tell me that he missed me but never mind he wasn’t totally convinced. And made up a lie about some chick he met. ( I knew he lied about it) and started saying that sex is the only important thing in a relationship. Then later he started telling me that he works so hard and all this stuff. He’s trying to move out and get a place and that I have nothing to offer and that I am a nobody. When I am going to school and have a part time job.

Wow, he sounds immature. Remember, people will treat you how you let them. So I would definitely say that is not acceptable and since he says you have nothing to offer, all your communication needs to end unless he is serious about changing this behavior and is truly sorry for such an comment.

Archived