How should I go about asking this girl out.

nman414

Alright I feel like I should start this post off by describing myself. I’m a 16 year old boy who is a junior in high school. I am currently attracted to a girl that I’ve had feelings for on and off since middle school. I’m a very caring person but I am also extremely shy and pretty awkward. I have been told that I am very attractive and have been asked many times why I’m still single, so I don’t think getting a “no” from this girl is much of the problem.

The main problem is, that I over think things. I spend hours at night thinking about girls and perfect date ideas and how much fun I’d have with a girlfriend but I just can’t ask anyone out. All I do is worry about the things like what will my friends think?(none of us have girlfriends) what will she think of my family, how awkward with the first date be, and will it be weird going to school once we are dating. We both have a few mutual friends and both our groups sit right next to each other at lunch. All I can imagine is how awkward it’d with both of us sitting at dif tables with all our friends knowing, just staring at each other. My plan was to ask her to homecoming and then try to kick it off from there but homecoming has passed and that ship has sailed.

So my question is, how do I ask out a girl that I haven’t said a word to in 2 years, without it being awkward at school and how do I tell my friends.

Have you tried just talking to her. Y'know, starting with something like, 'Hi'?

Unfortunately, your over thinking is setting yourself up for disappointment. You are setting up in your mind what you would do with a girl, the fun you would have, your perfect date ideas. It's like spending the lottery money before you ever win.

And then you are worried about what friends will think, what she will think of your family? Talk about putting your head in a meat grinder.

Just focus on talking to girls first. And don't assume that they will be interested just because someone said you were attractive. Talk to girls, get along with them, make friends and see what happens. Starting with, 'Will you go out with me?' will end up introducing you to rejection, and as an overthinker, you will over think that and likely never ask anyone out again.

I agree with Keyman.

Don't let your mind ruin these things. In-action is a killer.

What do other guys at school that are good with girls your age do? If it works for them why not try it?

Do you have any classes with this girl? If so use that as a way to break the ice. Talk about the class or what ever. Do you go to dances? If not you need to. At dances people act differently than they do during school so you need to go. If she is there you can ask her to dance or just go up to her and say hi. You could always talk to her at a football game (if you don't go to games you need to). Basically be more social and when you see her say hi and chat her a little.

Not everything needs a plan, you just need to be brave enough to talk to her. Be funny and a little cocky. If you can make her laugh you are half way there.

Lost

I agree with Keyman.

Don't let your mind ruin these things. In-action is a killer.

What do other guys at school that are good with girls your age do? If it works for them why not try it?

Do you have any classes with this girl? If so use that as a way to break the ice. Talk about the class or what ever. Do you go to dances? If not you need to. At dances people act differently than they do during school so you need to go. If she is there you can ask her to dance or just go up to her and say hi. You could always talk to her at a football game (if you don't go to games you need to). Basically be more social and when you see her say hi and chat her a little.

Not everything needs a plan, you just need to be brave enough to talk to her. Be funny and a little cocky. If you can make her laugh you are half way there.

Lost

Thanks for the advice. I don’t really like dances but I do see her at football games occasionally. Most guys at my school are just jerks that want sex and for girls to twerk on them. I’d rather not take their approach. I respect woman and I want a good mature relationship. The only thing Is, I feel like I’ve hung out w/ the same group of people since middle school that if I all of a sudden just start talking to her it may seem weird to her. Also, I did have a class w/ her last year and the only time I’ve talked to her this year, I talked about that subject. I she parks like right next to me everyday if that means anything.

You can't win a lottery until you buy a ticket. Just because you don't like dancing, doesn't mean you shouldn't put yourself out there and do it if you want to try and meet someone or even get closer to girls.

Back in the old days, that was how you met people.

If she parks next to you, when you see her say, 'Hey ..., how's it going?' or 'Hey,... have a good weekend?' Or 'you going to the game,' and every time you see her acknowledge her, be friendly. Talk about anything but dating stuff. Over time this might lead to having chats or conversations. Then you can ask her out.

So heres the plan. I think next weekend I’m going to text a mutual friend to see if she would be interested in me. If I get the ok, I’ll probably text her and tell her how I’ve been feeling and ask her if she’d want to go to dinner/ on a date with me. Only problem is, I’m not sure what we would do. I’m not a huge fan of movies as a first date and I want something that would allow for a lot of conversation so I can get to know her. We have like bowling and mini golf but I feel like those are better date ideas for further in. There is also a big hill by my house that I’ve always thought of taking a girl to watch the sunset at, but I’ve also been saving that for something special like a surprise for an anniversary. So any ideas for first date location?

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't you try ping-pong ...and I would not text the friend to ask her. just either text her or go up to her and say hi I've been meaning to ask you this for awhile . would you be interested in going (insert place here) sometimes next weekend? that's the way you ask a girl out. Take it from a female!! Much older than 16 but female. NO MIDDLEMAN!

Archived