Is this normal?

aukaet

Hi!

So i’m kinda new to dating still, haven’t dated many people in the past and I met this guy on Tinder who I seem to have a lot in common with. We exchanged numbers and were texting for a day or two before we set up a date last week for this Thursday night. Then I basically haven’t had any texts from him since. Is it normal for a guy to go silent before the first date? I may just be overanxious, so I wanted opinions?!

He didn't go silent. You're meeting in person and if you have a specific time and place that's when you meet and talk in person. Perhaps he doesn't want to invest time in texting with a stranger since he cannot know if he's interested in asking you out on a real date until you meet in person. If you feel better texting him Thursday to confirm the time/place then do that.

In my opinion most of them are jerks that don't know how to deal with woman. They just don't have a clue and/or they are players. Don't get anxious treat them with indifference until you really find one who's worth it. But trust me, most of them behave like retard little boys. So sick of it...

Sounds like he is busy or "trying" to appear busy knowing you have a date set up so he is just looking forward to that...I personally think that just chatting online non stop without meeting in person would just lower the attraction ....so why not send him a msg to confirm about the date ?

The big question is - Did you go to the date with him on Thursday? If yes, did he show up? If yes, then there is absolutely no problem whatsoever. People don't need to chat online all the time and some people prefer seeing eachother in person and since you have not been dating yet, it would be awkward to just call ya over to visit, no? If you showed up and he didn't, then you can move on...

He didn't go silent. You're meeting in person and if you have a specific time and place that's when you meet and talk in person. Perhaps he doesn't want to invest time in texting with a stranger since he cannot know if he's interested in asking you out on a real date until you meet in person. If you feel better texting him Thursday to confirm the time/place then do that.

+1. Save your talking for the actual date, especially the first date (which is all about meeting in person).

Archived