I think my friend is obsessive with me..

ChelseaaSmith

Hi this is my first post here i am 22, female. My best friend of 3 years is 25.

I met her at the worst point in my life, and she really was a shoulder to cry on, as I was for her.

This past year, after I self harmed for the first time in a long time, she got extra clingy, and she gets in a bad mood if I hang out with anybody else. She doesn't directly tell me it's my fault, but I've tested for the patterns... and it's every single time I hang out with someone else she acts like her world is falling apart. Even if the other person is one of her friends. She destroyed my chances with a guy I really liked because she would non stop call and text while I was with him and constantly told me "he's probably cheating and seeing other girls". She monitors my online activity, so if I even click on the Facebook app I get a text within minutes. She texts me from the moment she wakes up until at least 3am. Every single day. Even if I tell her I have a migraine.

She wants my attention 24 hours a day, and I no longer have any desire to be her friend. She constantly asks me "what's wrong?" And wants to know the ins and outs of my life, all the gnarly details. Every time I consider meeting a man, she reminds me of all the domestic violence I've gone through and tries to put me off. She is a lesbian, she does have feelings for me but I have told her time and time again I am not interested, and I've also been quite upfront about these issues and told her they are making me feel negatively towards her, and that I will cut the friendship off. But I'm scared she will hurt, or worse, kill herself if I do.

What can I do? I've been nice, I've been harsh - but I am sick to death of her. I feel controlled, trapped and stalked. I know her intentions are good, but it doesn't feel that way.

Thank you x

She's an emotional vampire. She's draining the energy from you. She's also controlling your life. I think she is purposely trying to cut everybody else out of your life so she can have you one way or another. It might be the way she recruits lovers.

You've got to block her from all your social media and you've got to stop all contact with her. You need to have your friends surround you and protect you. You can tell people that she is emotionally abusing you, because that's exactly what she's doing. Look up emotional abuse in Google and read the symptoms if you have any doubt on how destructive she is to you. I hope you can get away from her clutches.

Dont volunteer for any more of this, unless you want to remain in a victim role. Because she showed u kindness in the past this doesnt give her permission to control your life. Make sure to get the help she needs if you have the slightest suspicion that she might jeopardize her safety. But dont let yourself be tricked into believing that her safety hangs on your willingness to participate. Nobody has that kind of power, its all up to her. Sure sounds like emotional blackmail to me. Good luck!

Archived