LDR ex girlfriend (airfare)

Drumzzz

Hello first time posting here

Me and my ex broke up about 2 weeks ago. Prior to this we had our ups and downs and our last fight led to our official break up. She broke up with me because I was needy, clingy, and no self confidence. We agreed to remain friends and we decided to take a break from each other. I been keeping my cool being busy and working on myself. The hard part is that I already bought airfare to see her in a few weeks for her birthday. I just don’t know what to do? She would let me know if she still wants to see me. But at the same time why bother going if I’m going to be let down? Since the break up she contacts me at least once a day and I keep the conversation short as possible. Any advice would help.

Thanks!

Make this trip into an exercise in boosting self confidence. Meaning get online, find fun things to do for yourself and go do them solo. Treat this as a vacation for yourself and go explore and keep an open mind to go wherever the whim takes you in addition to what you've already planned.

As for your ex, simply tell her that you'll be in town. If she is up for it, you'll take her out for her b-day and if not, oh well. You've got other things to do. Do not make this trip about her.

Hello first time posting here

Me and my ex broke up about 2 weeks ago. Prior to this we had our ups and downs and our last fight led to our official break up. She broke up with me because I was needy, clingy, and no self confidence. We agreed to remain friends and we decided to take a break from each other. I been keeping my cool being busy and working on myself. The hard part is that I already bought airfare to see her in a few weeks for her birthday. I just don’t know what to do? She would let me know if she still wants to see me. But at the same time why bother going if I’m going to be let down? Since the break up she contacts me at least once a day and I keep the conversation short as possible. Any advice would help.

Thanks!

If it was me, after my experiences w/guys who didn't care about, I would go on this vacay only for myself and not see her at all. The reason why I'm saying this is because this situation is her leading you on. I got rid of a clingy guy and I went complete nc because no matter what kind of person he was, I wasn't gonna lead him on. She is keeping you on a string, prob will go out w/you if she has nothing better to do, otherwise you are stuck making last minute plans. Stop contacting her, go down there, have fun/mini vacay and move on.

Two weeks is not that long. If you are still holding onto hope for this girl, the trip is bound to be fraught with that energy. If you flew to her town and didn't see her, wouldn't you just think about her the whole time and wonder if you should text her or if she was going to text you? I mean why else would you be there? If you do see her, won't it be awkward because she just wants to be friends and you want more, and you will have to stuff your feelings? Is it worth it? Honestly, to me it sounds miserable.

If it were me, I wouldn't go. I would call the airline and find out their policy; usually they will issue a credit of some sort. Or book a vacation somewhere else entirely and pay the change fee.

Thanks again for the helpful replies.

We agreed to talk this weekend. And we plan to talk about the situation. More than likely I will be miserable if I end up going. I’m expecting the worst out come and I plan to tell her not to contact me anymore and move on from this. Will keep you guys updated.

Thanks!

Archived