Does everyone have some positive qualities?

Elavohra

Since the day I had been dumped (got dumped in April and after all the failed efforts to reconcile, accepted his decision in mid July). I feel I am a worthless person, I feel I don't have any good qualities and I am such a weak person. Though at times I lift myself, dust off and motivate myself, but after today's failure in the exam I have got a bad hit. I am a 25 year old woman, failing exams repeatedly.

I don't know, anything good has left in me.

Can any experienced person throw a light on my issue?

I am currently trying to reconcile with my ex. I had those feelings of worthlessness and they will fade. You are not worthless and will get to where you want in life. In regards to the exams, I find they don't reflect a person's true intellect. I for one am awful at then and went through school failing all of them. I didn't let that stop me and just completed my master's degree so if I can you can do what ever you put your mind to.

I know a guy who is a brilliant professional, but failed his boards 8 times before finally passing. Meaning that it took him 4.5 years to finally pass and be able to practice his profession. A whole lot of people out there are really grateful he didn't quit, because when it comes to doing his job, he truly is brilliant.....just don't ask him to take an exam. Not really that unique in terms of being bad at test taking. Many smart people tend to be.

As for the ex.....seriously.....no guy and no relationship defines your worth. None. The connection just doesn't exist.

Ela you are kind, you are friendly , you offer advice, you have a fair and decent attitude , you try , you make the best of things and that is just on an internet forum x

Don't be down on yourself , you are just having a bad time and it knocks a person self esteem and value , but as always ...this will pass and all these things will one day just be a memory .

I am currently trying to reconcile with my ex. I had those feelings of worthlessness and they will fade. You are not worthless and will get to where you want in life. In regards to the exams, I find they don't reflect a person's true intellect. I for one am awful at then and went through school failing all of them. I didn't let that stop me and just completed my master's degree so if I can you can do what ever you put your mind to.

I have finished my Master's degree in 2015, but I am failing to clear competitive exams for job. And I guess sooner or later if I genuinely work hard it'll pay off!

I know a guy who is a brilliant professional, but failed his boards 8 times before finally passing. Meaning that it took him 4.5 years to finally pass and be able to practice his profession. A whole lot of people out there are really grateful he didn't quit, because when it comes to doing his job, he truly is brilliant.....just don't ask him to take an exam. Not really that unique in terms of being bad at test taking. Many smart people tend to be.

As for the ex.....seriously.....no guy and no relationship defines your worth. None. The connection just doesn't exist.

You're right I guess! And about the guy you've mentioned here. Well! It's giving me a hope to keep moving forward and become self centred towards my studies!

Ela you are kind, you are friendly , you offer advice, you have a fair and decent attitude , you try , you make the best of things and that is just on an internet forum x

Don't be down on yourself , you are just having a bad time and it knocks a person self esteem and value , but as always ...this will pass and all these things will one day just be a memory .

Awww, so sweet of you! You're so humble and gentle I suppose. You're saying these things as if you're my friend for real. I am glad you've been noticing my activities or comments and trying to portray myself.

I hope this time shall pass as soon as possible. It kills me deep inside and makes me to do regret on "n" number of things.

I have finished my Master's degree in 2015, but I am failing to clear competitive exams for job. And I guess sooner or later if I genuinely work hard it'll pay off!

You're right I guess! And about the guy you've mentioned here. Well! It's giving me a hope to keep moving forward and become self centred towards my studies!

You know his issue with exams was actually knowing the subject matter too well and therefore over analyzing the questions and getting caught up in distant probabilities. If you have practice questions available, get your hands on as many as you can and practice them until the exam expectations and the correct answers start to be obvious to you. Sometimes exams are less about your knowledge and more about recognizing what the right answer should be as per the testing authorities....who are just a group of human beings setting the questions and best responses. It's more like you have to get into their way of thinking to succeed.

Since the day I had been dumped (got dumped in April and after all the failed efforts to reconcile, accepted his decision in mid July). I feel I am a worthless person, I feel I don't have any good qualities and I am such a weak person. Though at times I lift myself, dust off and motivate myself, but after today's failure in the exam I have got a bad hit. I am a 25 year old woman, failing exams repeatedly.

I don't know, anything good has left in me.

Can any experienced person throw a light on my issue?

You know what that makes you?

Human.

We are all beautifully flawed and make mistakes.

Sometimes we get our heart broken, but the one that left does not define us.

Besides it may have their own shortcoming that made the relationship impossible. We never fully know for sure.

I am sorry you are having a down day. . Hang in there.

You know his issue with exams was actually knowing the subject matter too well and therefore over analyzing the questions and getting caught up in distant probabilities. If you have practice questions available, get your hands on as many as you can and practice them until the exam expectations and the correct answers start to be obvious to you. Sometimes exams are less about your knowledge and more about recognizing what the right answer should be as per the testing authorities....who are just a group of human beings setting the questions and best responses. It's more like you have to get into their way of thinking to succeed.

Well this comment of yours, is indeed an eye opener for me. Let me work hard to get into their minds through practicing a lot of questions.

Thank you so much Dancing fool!

You know what that makes you?

Human.

We are all beautifully flawed and make mistakes.

Sometimes we get our heart broken, but the one that left does not define us.

Besides it may have their own shortcoming that made the relationship impossible. We never fully know for sure.

I am sorry you are having a down day. . Hang in there.

Yes, perhaps you're right.

Perhaps I am unable to forgive myself. Perhaps god has stored something better for me. Perhaps these mistakes are a inception of transformation of myself. Perhaps sooner or later I'll be a good person.

Thank you for motivating me.

I am really obliged to read your comment.

I'll definitely reinventmyself

Yes, perhaps you're right.

Perhaps I am unable to forgive myself. Perhaps god has stored something better for me. Perhaps these mistakes are a inception of transformation of myself. Perhaps sooner or later I'll be a good person.

Thank you for motivating me.

I am really obliged to read your comment.

I'll definitely reinventmyself

Just as we can look at any baby and enjoy her or his unique beauty and value, the same is true of you and of each of us. Our job as adults is to nurture this value rather than cover it over with neuroses and negativity and critical self talk.

Our parent's job was to teach us how to do this, but they, themselves, may have never learned how to cultivate this vision. So it becomes our job to trust in our own powers beyond their capabilities and to replace any damaging habits we've picked up through youth with positive, productive and profitable thinking and behaviors befitting adults who recognize our own capacity for continual growth.

Whenever we can't 'see' our unique value, that's a time to fly on instruments and trust that we will clear our own vision in time. This doesn't mean that we need to BECOME better people, it means that the best in us is already present--it just remains untapped, and every baby step we make in the direction of self respect and love and faith will move us toward enlightened recognition.

We're all a bunch of frightened human animals struggling to do the best we know how in any given moment. As we learn better, we'll do better, but that doesn't mean that our best is not good enough right now. Self love teaches us love of others, and every act of loving others teaches us how to express the best within ourselves. It's a natural cycle of beauty, growth and nourishment found in every speck of nature. We don't need to study this process in order for it to 'work'.

So trust the cycles of life to operate in your own favor regardless of any flaws, mistakes or perceived failures from you. Trust that you, yourself are a part of this larger body of energetic harmony. Devote your focus to recognizing the beauty that resides in you and around you. That's the secret to flourishing and thriving despite the 'appearance' of flaws and mistakes.

Head high, and forgive your critical vision even while you change it. Failures will help you appreciate any degrees of progress you make as you ascend above the small stuff that doesn't need to distract you from the larger scheme of your life.

Just as we can look at any baby and enjoy her or his unique beauty and value, the same is true of you and of each of us. Our job as adults is to nurture this value rather than cover it over with neuroses and negativity and critical self talk.

Our parent's job was to teach us how to do this, but they, themselves, may have never learned how to cultivate this vision. So it becomes our job to trust in our own powers beyond their capabilities and to replace any damaging habits we've picked up through youth with positive, productive and profitable thinking and behaviors befitting adults who recognize our own capacity for continual growth.

Whenever we can't 'see' our unique value, that's a time to fly on instruments and trust that we will clear our own vision in time. This doesn't mean that we need to BECOME better people, it means that the best in us is already present--it just remains untapped, and every baby step we make in the direction of self respect and love and faith will move us toward enlightened recognition.

We're all a bunch of frightened human animals struggling to do the best we know how in any given moment. As we learn better, we'll do better, but that doesn't mean that our best is not good enough right now. Self love teaches us love of others, and every act of loving others teaches us how to express the best within ourselves. It's a natural cycle of beauty, growth and nourishment found in every speck of nature. We don't need to study this process in order for it to 'work'.

So trust the cycles of life to operate in your own favor regardless of any flaws, mistakes or perceived failures from you. Trust that you, yourself are a part of this larger body of energetic harmony. Devote your focus to recognizing the beauty that resides in you and around you. That's the secret to flourishing and thriving despite the 'appearance' of flaws and mistakes.

Head high, and forgive your critical vision even while you change it. Failures will help you appreciate any degrees of progress you make as you ascend above the small stuff that doesn't need to distract you from the larger scheme of your life.

Oh my god! I never knew I would be supported by so many people. Your comment is a ray of hope for me. I think I am the most horrible person alive in this world, but like you everyone keeps telling me it's okay to make mistakes. I do regret many things from my past. But I did all of that unknowingly, my intentions were/are never to hurt anyone. I am glad to read your comment.

Thank you so much!

If you never made a mistake, you never made anything...! It sounds as though you've had a lot of knocks recently, and it can sometimes be very hard to pull yourself back out of a pit, but this is nothing whatsoever to do with your intrinsic worth, intelligence and integrity. I can only echo what others have said on here! Also, take a look at my 'signature'.

(I'm not telling you how many goes it took me to pass a driving test!)

I think I am the most horrible person alive in this world, but like you everyone keeps telling me it's okay to make mistakes.

Making statements like this only reinforce the negative vision. If you want to change your vision, change the statements you make--not only to others, but especially to your Self.

Im new here to this, but i have been asking myself this question since i have found out my wife kissed another man and tried to hide it. I know that for sure i am LOYAL, because my situation comes after being with this woman for 11 years and married for 1 of them. So Loyal is a positive trait i believe people should have.

If you never made a mistake, you never made anything...! It sounds as though you've had a lot of knocks recently, and it can sometimes be very hard to pull yourself back out of a pit, but this is nothing whatsoever to do with your intrinsic worth, intelligence and integrity. I can only echo what others have said on here! Also, take a look at my 'signature'.

(I'm not telling you how many goes it took me to pass a driving test!)

This is really motivating! Thank you so much for taking out your time to lift me up make me realise everyone is important and special.

Making statements like this only reinforce the negative vision. If you want to change your vision, change the statements you make--not only to others, but especially to your Self.

And from now on, I'll treat myself like I had treated my ex i.e., like a gem (treated my ex like a gem). So, I am a Gem and I am very precious.

Thank you catfeeder!

Im new here to this, but i have been asking myself this question since i have found out my wife kissed another man and tried to hide it. I know that for sure i am LOYAL, because my situation comes after being with this woman for 11 years and married for 1 of them. So Loyal is a positive trait i believe people should have.

Damn! I am sorry to hear that, crssdout. I can totally understand what are you going through. How devastating and hurting it would be/is. I am glad to know that there are genuine, loyal to their partner, affectionate, always emotionally supportive people out there and I am glad you're one of a kind.

Hope you recover from all this at the soonest.

God bless you!

Archived