He knows I like him and so he doesn't like me anymore.

HilaryHew

I met this guy in college who seemed to be interested in me. His friends gave me hints that he likes me. But, as soon as I started reciprocating, he started to move away.

I read a post on the internet that said it is a huge turn off for guys when they know that they'll definitely get a girl. I guess I made it too obvious that I like him.

Now, he talks to me very formally and doesn't seem to like me.

Is there any way I can make him like me again? Should I ignore him and make it less obvious that I like him? What do I do that will make him like me?

I read a post on the internet that said it is a huge turn off for guys when they know that they'll definitely get a girl. I guess I made it too obvious that I like him.

No , what it is , is this and it is not just men ... some people prefer the thrill of the chase , to be wanted and desired but never really have any intention of taking it anywhere .

If he was interested in you he would be pleased you had shown an interest and it would develop from there .

Should I ignore him and make it less obvious that I like him? What do I do that will make him like me?

Honestly don't waste your time on playing games ...this is all about push and pull , you pushed , he pulled back , you pull back hoping it will push him forward ..then what ? he has made it clear he will only pull away again .

Just forget him and put your interest somewhere else .

Honestly, he could be shy and to his own detriment, he backs away or freezes up when you try to talk to him.

I can be like that. I can be the life of the party, be everyone's friend, chat and joke to everyone at work, but there are these couple of girls at work that I kinda fancy, but I just try to stay away from them. I almost treat them differently, more formal, and am more standoffish around them. I know I could get over myself and go talk to them in I really wanted to, but for various reasons I don't. He could be like me, but a lot younger and without the experience.

So you could push it, and straight out ask him, in a non-scary way like via facebook or email or something.

OR

You could just forget him.

=========

As for reading things on the internet... I once read on the internet about aliens who would come down in the middle of the night and take people's dogs, then they would wipe all memory of the person having a dog at all. Now, I don't have a dog, but did I, I don't quite remember.

In my experience, guys like this like the ego boost that you have a crush on them and they will flirt with you, but he won't ask you out and will retreat if you're giving signs you want it to progress to dating. He's just not that into you. There will be a guy who wants you to be your genuine self and will want you showing your interest. He will ask you out on a date and will be thrilled when you say yes. Hold out for him. You're the treasure and people have to treat you special to be allowed space in your life. Never forget that or you will be attracting the wrong sort of man who can sense emotionally weak prey from a mile away.

I met this guy in college who seemed to be interested in me. His friends gave me hints that he likes me. But, as soon as I started reciprocating, he started to move away.
What did he do (if anything) to give you the idea that he actually was liking you or attracted to you? His friends giving you hints that he likes you is grade 8... I'd not go on anything they've told you but rather on actual actions from him.

He may just be shy as Keyman suggests but without any concrete actions to show you he cares then I'd never go by what "hints" you think you've gotten from third parties. So: Just what were you "reciprocating?"

There will be a guy who wants you to be your genuine self and will want you showing your interest. He will ask you out on a date and will be thrilled when you say yes. Hold out for him. You're the treasure, and people have to treat you special to be allowed space in your life. Never forget that, or you will be attracting the wrong sort of man who can sense emotionally weak prey from a mile away.

So this is why I never want to have a woman in my life again. A poisonous treasure who will divorce you when she gets bored and take half of the things you've spent your life working for.

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's easy for people to say move on, forget about it, and focus on other things, but (I don't know about you) I find it very hard to just focus on something else at the drop of a hat. I find when people initially show interest and then pull away; it leaves me wondering 'why'? I keep thinking of all the possibilities as to why the person did what they did. If he's still talking to you, try to have a conversation with him, or at least ask him about the situation.

If things don't go well, ask yourself:

Why do you want him to like you?

Is it because you find him cute?

Do you have similar interests?

Would it make you feel good knowing that this particular person likes you (for an ego boost)?

Is he what you're looking for in a partner?

Archived