Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 months relationship to no contact ?

Opportunity9

6 months relationship to no contact ?

Hi

Ok so vague background, both 27, we dated for over 6 months, all was great, for some weird reason it went little awkward between us, still donít know why. And after I prompted the fact itís different, she said she wants time on her own etc

Anyway I deal with breaking up using no contact, I delete them off Facebook and donít bother them anymore, she said this makes her upset and doesnít really want that. But she seems to have pretty much honoured it.

But I notice she also took me off all the other social mediaís, I just left them as not bothered.

Over a month on and I must admit, I miss her now more than. I have since the day we split, also canít explain that.
    What is likely to be going through her head, as in my paranoid mine I just assume sheís found someone new now !

katrina1980
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Opportunity9 [Register to see the link]
    Hi

Ok so vague background, both 27, we dated for over 6 months, all was great, for some weird reason it went little awkward between us, still donít know why. And after I prompted the fact itís different, she said she wants time on her own etc

Anyway I deal with breaking up using no contact.

Over a month on and I must admit, I miss her now more than. I have since the day we split, also canít explain that.
    What is likely to be going through her head, as in my paranoid mine I just assume sheís found someone new now !
    Forget what's going on her mind, what's going through your mind?

Is it safe to presume what you meant by "different" was that your feelings were different, you weren't as into her so much anymore?

Or into being in a relationship?

If not, what was "different" exactly?

So you broke up and went no contact.

And now that's she's gone, suddenly you miss her more than ever?

I think this is what happens with many people after a break up, but nevertheless, I would suggest figuring yourself out first, before you attempt to figure her out.

As for her, just a guess but she's probably moved on, and yeah seeing someone else.

Again just a guess, I could be wrong, why not reach out and talk to her?

Opportunity9
    When I say different I just meant our contact wasnít an frequent and for some reason both of us didnít really know what to say perhaps... weird.

Well I was very peristant on there being no contact but she wasnít, so I feel like I need to stick to it.

I didnít think Iíd still be missing her after a month, especially more than ever.

katrina1980
    Platinum Member
    When I say different I just meant our contact wasnít an frequent and for some reason both of us didnít really know what to say perhaps... weird.

Well I was very peristant on there being no contact but she wasnít, so I feel like I need to stick to it.

I didnít think Iíd still be missing her after a month, especially more than ever.
    I hear ya, but like I said I think this is fairly common.

She is not in your life anymore, so any pressure or negative feelings you felt while in the RL are gone, and therefore your heart is free and open to think about her, miss her, even obsess about her without feeling pressured, boxed in, fearful or whatever you felt while in the RL that caused things to be different.

It takes time. It's only been a month.

Are you meeting and dating other women, even casually?

Opportunity9
    I started seeing another girl for all of 2 weeks and I had to call it off, I was so uninterested and still caught up in this previous rl.

SweetGirl28
    Bronze Member

Since you initiated the NC, it's really up to you to reach out to her.

We women(men too) can be stubborn and/ or feelings be hurt with NC if we don't want that.

If she moved on, so be it. Just know you did the right thing because the point of NC is to
    work on yourself and discover if you truly miss and want that person, or if you are better
    off without the relationship. You miss her, just be certain it isn't because of feeling lonely
    or not knowing what she's up to. And it's hard to reconcile when neither of you are certain
    of what went wrong.

katrina1980
    Platinum Member
    I started seeing another girl for all of 2 weeks and I had to call it off, I was so uninterested and still caught up in this previous rl.
    What is your RL history like? Have you had any long term relationships? Say longer than one year?

If so what happened, why did you break up? Did you miss those women more than ever after things ended too?

I think it's important to be aware of our patterns in relationships and how they might affect our current or future interactions/relationships.

Opportunity9
    Thanks guys.

Yes Iíve had a couple 2 year RL and my last one was 3 years (moved out etc). I think this one, the shortest. Has me missing her the most.

katrina1980
    Platinum Member
    Thanks guys.

Yes Iíve had a couple 2 year RL and my last one was 3 years (moved out etc). I think this one, the shortest. Has me missing her the most.
    Well maybe there is more to this than what I posted then.

I know you initiated no contact, but there is no "rule" that I'm aware of that says you can't break no contact when, after some self-reflection, you realize you may have ended things hastily.

What's stopping you from reaching out and talking? She may really miss you too!

Perhaps you can then discuss what happened and why things became different, make some sense of it.

Instead of living your life missing and obsessing and wondering what the hell happened!

If she's anything like ME, even if she's dating someone else (which she may NOT be), she's wondering and obsessing too!

Just a suggestion.

Opportunity9
    Yeah maybe youíre right, but itís the way after I suggested things were different / not working as before, she seemed open to the idea to call it a break and she how she feels in time. So it was rather more mutual than me just hastily ending it.

So the thing stopping me is her, telling me she still wants to be on her own, and me getting myself worked up contacting her and being turned away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
How does this happen?
There is a woman in my life, a co-worker. Weíre friends, but not that close. This woman is amazing. Beautiful, kind, artistic, intelligent. We grew
Have you ever ghosted someone and why?
Just curious what people's reasons are for ghosting.
Has this whole relationship been a waste of time???
I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for a little over 2 years now but we have known each other for 8 years. We started out as friends and I
Feeling A Bit Shallow Today. :(
Guys, you've been helping me a lot lately so here's one more, if you can. Last night I went to a single's event in my city, and got chatting with
Her wandering eye
I'm a 26 year old guy. My girlfriend and I have been together for about 8 months now. There have been ups and downs but it has been mostly good. One
Does it seem like I have a chance with her? If so, what should I do?
I like this girl and I think she knows. We live in a dorm and sheís my neighbor. Iíve had good chats with her out at the pub and I really felt she
Donít know how to feel about this
Iíve met this girl from work which Iíve seen out 2 times never alone but with other work mates. Both times we made out but never went the whole 9

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Heard my ex-boyfriend having sex
Please please please help me. Tonight I heard my ex boyfriend having sex with another woman and I'm totally gutted and sick inside. Unfortunately
Advice married man
I am 38 yrs old 2 kids ( 8 and 17) I was in a relationship with my ex for 21 years and things ended. Fast forward 6 months I met a wonderful man who
I have an experiment on how to attact
I often hear lately that women and men want the exact same things and are attracted to the exact same things. I don't believe this one bit, so I
My boyfriend said I have nothing to offer?
He told me I have nothing to offer other than sex. He called me a nobody even though I am going to school and have a part time job. What does he mean
What do I do HELP.
Ive dated this girl for just over two years our relationship started off great. We were in love and I could see myself marrying this girl. A few
5 years later with silent treatment
I am 44 yr old woman with someone 6yrs younger. I was taken to an emergency hospital 2 weeks ago with suspected stroke..he left me at the door of
Help... I'm driving myself crazy.
So my ex and I have been broken up for 4 months. We have had no contact in four months. He blocked me on Facebook immediately after the breakup. Last
Ask For Advice