6 months relationship to no contact ?

Opportunity9

Hi

Ok so vague background, both 27, we dated for over 6 months, all was great, for some weird reason it went little awkward between us, still don’t know why. And after I prompted the fact it’s different, she said she wants time on her own etc

Anyway I deal with breaking up using no contact, I delete them off Facebook and don’t bother them anymore, she said this makes her upset and doesn’t really want that. But she seems to have pretty much honoured it.

But I notice she also took me off all the other social media’s, I just left them as not bothered.

Over a month on and I must admit, I miss her now more than. I have since the day we split, also can’t explain that.

What is likely to be going through her head, as in my paranoid mine I just assume she’s found someone new now !

Hi

Ok so vague background, both 27, we dated for over 6 months, all was great, for some weird reason it went little awkward between us, still don’t know why. And after I prompted the fact it’s different, she said she wants time on her own etc

Anyway I deal with breaking up using no contact.

Over a month on and I must admit, I miss her now more than. I have since the day we split, also can’t explain that.

What is likely to be going through her head, as in my paranoid mine I just assume she’s found someone new now !

Forget what's going on her mind, what's going through your mind?

Is it safe to presume what you meant by "different" was that your feelings were different, you weren't as into her so much anymore?

Or into being in a relationship?

If not, what was "different" exactly?

So you broke up and went no contact.

And now that's she's gone, suddenly you miss her more than ever?

I think this is what happens with many people after a break up, but nevertheless, I would suggest figuring yourself out first, before you attempt to figure her out.

As for her, just a guess but she's probably moved on, and yeah seeing someone else.

Again just a guess, I could be wrong, why not reach out and talk to her?

When I say different I just meant our contact wasn’t an frequent and for some reason both of us didn’t really know what to say perhaps... weird.

Well I was very peristant on there being no contact but she wasn’t, so I feel like I need to stick to it.

I didn’t think I’d still be missing her after a month, especially more than ever.

When I say different I just meant our contact wasn’t an frequent and for some reason both of us didn’t really know what to say perhaps... weird.

Well I was very peristant on there being no contact but she wasn’t, so I feel like I need to stick to it.

I didn’t think I’d still be missing her after a month, especially more than ever.

I hear ya, but like I said I think this is fairly common.

She is not in your life anymore, so any pressure or negative feelings you felt while in the RL are gone, and therefore your heart is free and open to think about her, miss her, even obsess about her without feeling pressured, boxed in, fearful or whatever you felt while in the RL that caused things to be different.

It takes time. It's only been a month.

Are you meeting and dating other women, even casually?

Since you initiated the NC, it's really up to you to reach out to her.

We women(men too) can be stubborn and/ or feelings be hurt with NC if we don't want that.

If she moved on, so be it. Just know you did the right thing because the point of NC is to

work on yourself and discover if you truly miss and want that person, or if you are better

off without the relationship. You miss her, just be certain it isn't because of feeling lonely

or not knowing what she's up to. And it's hard to reconcile when neither of you are certain

of what went wrong.

I started seeing another girl for all of 2 weeks and I had to call it off, I was so uninterested and still caught up in this previous rl.

What is your RL history like? Have you had any long term relationships? Say longer than one year?

If so what happened, why did you break up? Did you miss those women more than ever after things ended too?

I think it's important to be aware of our patterns in relationships and how they might affect our current or future interactions/relationships.

Thanks guys.

Yes I’ve had a couple 2 year RL and my last one was 3 years (moved out etc). I think this one, the shortest. Has me missing her the most.

Well maybe there is more to this than what I posted then.

I know you initiated no contact, but there is no "rule" that I'm aware of that says you can't break no contact when, after some self-reflection, you realize you may have ended things hastily.

What's stopping you from reaching out and talking? She may really miss you too!

Perhaps you can then discuss what happened and why things became different, make some sense of it.

Instead of living your life missing and obsessing and wondering what the hell happened!

If she's anything like ME, even if she's dating someone else (which she may NOT be), she's wondering and obsessing too!

Just a suggestion.

Yeah maybe you’re right, but it’s the way after I suggested things were different / not working as before, she seemed open to the idea to call it a break and she how she feels in time. So it was rather more mutual than me just hastily ending it.

So the thing stopping me is her, telling me she still wants to be on her own, and me getting myself worked up contacting her and being turned away.

Yeah maybe you’re right, but it’s the way after I suggested things were different / not working as before, she seemed open to the idea to call it a break and she how she feels in time. So it was rather more mutual than me just hastily ending it.

So the thing stopping me is her, telling me she still wants to be on her own, and me getting myself worked up contacting her and being turned away.

Dude, that was her pride talking!

You essentially told her things weren't working (in her mind, your feelings had changed), so what did you expect her to do, fall to pieces?

Beg you to keep trying?

No, she's got her pride so she agreed with you. It's exactly what I would have done under those same circumstances.

Don't let fear of rejection (or fear of anything else) stand in your way, that is a cop out.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

You can ask us and wonder, and we don't know, or you can reach out to her.

Rejection stings, but only she holds the answer.

Just don't get friend-zoned.

Hi

Anyway I deal with breaking up using no contact, I delete them off Facebook and don’t bother them anymore, she said this makes her upset and doesn’t really want that. But she seems to have pretty much honoured it.

But I notice she also took me off all the other social media’s, I just left them as not bothered.

You dated for 6 months, but how much of that time were you in a relationship? Maybe it was great for you, but not so much for her. The "little awkward" is misleading. Either something happened that you are down-playing, or her interest level in you has dropped. Which one is it?

Nothing happened (as far as I’m aware anyway)

It just went from messaging throughout the day every day, to then not seem much to say, like games as if we both shouldn’t be messaging first and waiting for the other person. I’ve never had that before but we were both as bad as each other for it.

It just went from messaging throughout the day every day, to then not seem much to say, like games as if we both shouldn’t be messaging first and waiting for the other person. I’ve never had that before but we were both as bad as each other for it.

Failure to communicate and you both sound a bit stubborn.

Not judging, I am too sometimes.

Best of luck whatever you decide to do.

Were you in a relationship? If yes, then for how long? Forget about the messaging (over-rated). Did you continue to have good time in person? Did you see each other on a regular basis?

She's going through the "grass is greener on the other side" syndrome. Just leave her be and forget about her, only reach out to her when she reaches out to you.

Wha? Sounds like you've been reading too much "Corey Wayne" nonsense. lol

OP was the one who said things weren't working, and she agreed. So at best it was mutual.

He is also the one that wanted and initiated no contact, deleted her off FB, SHE didn't want that.

But according to you, it's all on HER for having GIGS? And he should "let her be"?

No I don't agree he needs to "let her be." Letting this be and not communicating is what started this whole thing.

They should talk and clear the air, get this (and their feelings) settled once and for all. Otherwise OP will continue wondering and obsessing.

Whether that results is realizing there is still something there and trying again, or not, it's worth a shot, imo.

As SweetGirl said "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Would hardly call Corey Wayne nonsense, but nevertheless..

She said she wanted space and isn't open to communication. Whether or not she has found someone else isn't relevant. Treat things like they are done for good and move on until she reaches out. In most cases, continuing to reach out and treating yourself as a doormat doesn't change a thing, so why continue doing things that aren't working/don't work? Either she will reach out or she won't.

Would hardly call Corey Wayne nonsense, but nevertheless..

She said she wanted space and isn't open to communication. Whether or not she has found someone else isn't relevant. Treat things like they are done for good and move on until she reaches out. In most cases, continuing to reach out and treating yourself as a doormat doesn't change a thing, so why continue doing things that aren't working/don't work? Either she will reach out or she won't.

LOL @Corey Wayne, yeah I guess it's a matter of opinion.

I've watched some of his videos. Agree with some of what he preaches, some I think is non-sense.

But if it helps guys not act like idiots with girls, then who am I to judge?

I do respect you're a fan though, so will say no more.

Re the rest of your post, it takes two.

It's just not reasonable to expect that after telling a girl it's "not working", deleting her off FB, and initiating no contact, that she's gonna come running back to you.

If she's dating another guy, good for her.

OP had his chance.

Archived