Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am pregnant and my boyfriend wont marry me

Atlantis

I am pregnant and my boyfriend wont marry me

Hi all,
    Two weeks ago, we found out that I was pregnant, even though I had been using UID. So it was a total shock to us. I am Turkish descent and my family still goes by Turkish culture. So it is totally unacceptable to have a baby without marriage.

My boyfriend had been asking me to move in for about 6 months now. And i had been saying no because I wanted to be engaged before I live with someone. So now being pregnant is a game changer...

I told him how my parents would despise me, and how i wouldnt be able to proudly tell anyone of my side that i am pregnant. I asked that we get engaged. And he said he doesnt want to rush into things and just because i am pregnant he doesnt want to go ahead and get engaged.

He is 34 and I am 26. Donít rush for what? What are we even waiting on? His lack of support to me in this sense made me feel very unloved. And i am not talking to him now.

What should I do?

pippy longstocking
    Platinum Member
    I'm sorry I agree with him ....

3. Thanks Snny thanked for this post
    thealchemist
    If he isn't ready to get married nothing you do will change that. He needs to want to get married or else the marriage isn't going to even help anything.

Having a child is not enough of a reason to get married. That is a big reason a lot of marriages fail.

Sorry but I agree with him.

MissCanuck
    Platinum Member
    How long have you been together, OP?

mustlovedogs
    You need to speak with your gyno. Getting pregnant on an IUD is supposed to be VERY difficult.

Atlantis
    Quote Originally Posted by MissCanuck [Register to see the link]
    How long have you been together, OP?
    We been together for 14-15 months.

Atlantis
    Quote Originally Posted by mustlovedogs [Register to see the link]
    You need to speak with your gyno. Getting pregnant on an IUD is supposed to be VERY difficult.
    I got the IUD removed the moment we found out I was pregnant. Now we are waiting to go see dr again to see if the pregnancy is going okay.

I know the risks...

mustlovedogs

I am pregnant and my boyfriend wont marry me

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantis [Register to see the link]
    I got the IUD removed the moment we found out I was pregnant. Now we are waiting to go see dr again to see if the pregnancy is going okay.

I know the risks...
    That's not what I meant.

How did you get pregnant with an IUD. That's a conversation you need to have.

PHENOMENOL
    Having baby don't mean you guy have to marry.... We understand your culture but you have to understand his....
    He also been asking you to move in with him for 6 month now and you haven't and he been waiting on your decision or when your ready....

sooo it goes the same way he is not ready for marriage, just like you wasn't ready to move in with him.

, I believe you should just confront you family or get a abortion.

not saying a abortion is a good thing but if you believe you not ready for a change or the gult your family might give you or him walking out or anything.....just avoid the baby.........or just face your responsibility & confront your family and wait until he is ready....

DancingFool
    In your previous thread you were talking about how much you two fight, how he has told you that you have anger issues that you need to take care of, etc.
    So, until you actually take care of those things, fix yourself and show him that you can be a reliably stable and pleasant partner, he is not going to marry you.
    Bringing a baby into a situation where the two parents can't get along and are constantly arguing would be a disaster and he recognizes that. When it's like that, it's better for the parents to be apart.
    Also, you can't impose your parents' old world values on modern day society and attitudes. Sure they might be upset, but in the end, they have no choice but to accept the situation and adapt. The old days of forcing a man into marriage if he gets the woman pregnant are gone.

12. Thanks LaHermes, reinventmyself, Snny, Honeycomb8 thanked for this post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Top Threads
What's the point of relationships?
Let's assume there's no happy ever after, just people coming and going. What's the point of being in a relationship if breaking up is just as painful
Living Together For 4 Years, But I'm Exhausted/Frustrated.
I've been with my girlfriend for 9 years and we've been living together for 4 years. We're in our late 20s and our relationship started near the end
Long distance. 40's, just not sure, any thoughts?
Hi people and thanks reading.. This is complicated so may go around a bit sorry but l would love to hear your thoughts or advice because l just
perfect relationship: led to her cruelty and my desperation.
Hi, This is my first post...so bare with me.. I was in an absolutely incredible relationship for about a year. I had genuinely come to the idea
Am I just unlucky?
First, everyone, thank you for being so kind with me here in the forums. I really appreciate everything you've told me so far. Your suggestions and
Should I Worry About my Boyfriend Going Back to Ex-Wife?
I've been with my boyfriend for 14 months now (7 where we have been "officially" bf/gf). I am really in love with this man. We are both mid-thirties
My boyfriend said I have nothing to offer?
He told me I have nothing to offer other than sex. He called me a nobody even though I am going to school and have a part time job. What does he mean

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Heard my ex-boyfriend having sex
Please please please help me. Tonight I heard my ex boyfriend having sex with another woman and I'm totally gutted and sick inside. Unfortunately
Advice married man
I am 38 yrs old 2 kids ( 8 and 17) I was in a relationship with my ex for 21 years and things ended. Fast forward 6 months I met a wonderful man who
I have an experiment on how to attact
I often hear lately that women and men want the exact same things and are attracted to the exact same things. I don't believe this one bit, so I
My boyfriend said I have nothing to offer?
He told me I have nothing to offer other than sex. He called me a nobody even though I am going to school and have a part time job. What does he mean
What do I do HELP.
Ive dated this girl for just over two years our relationship started off great. We were in love and I could see myself marrying this girl. A few
5 years later with silent treatment
I am 44 yr old woman with someone 6yrs younger. I was taken to an emergency hospital 2 weeks ago with suspected stroke..he left me at the door of
Help... I'm driving myself crazy.
So my ex and I have been broken up for 4 months. We have had no contact in four months. He blocked me on Facebook immediately after the breakup. Last
Ask For Advice