How to connect deeper with my gf ?

jay228

Hey, I met my gf about a month ago and been a couple a week ago. We moved things waaaay too fast and I am trying to slow things down. Thing is I felt that we skipped a few steps in dating. We met online and both lived in different countries. We both want this to work. For now I don't feel really connected to her. Instead of getting to know each other, we sexted instead and we sext quite often. Both of us wanted a serious relationship and this isn't just about sex. I am sure of that. She is a pretty shy and quiet girl, so she doesn't really talk too much and it gets awkward quite often during our phone calls. Our humor arent really align as well I think...but to be fair we been more flirty than funny toward each other. I find myself doing most of the talking. About 65-70% of the time and the thing that kinda bothers me is she doesn't really ask me questions, so I am not sure if shes bored of me or she's just quiet. Everytime I bring those topics myself. But in a way she's quite caring, when I have problems she would comfort me and try to help. I know shes really into me. We are even planning for her to visit me this December. I am afraid when we meet we are gonna be awkward because we both agree that will most likely happen. Question is how do I use this time to get to know and connect to her deeper ? How can I get her to be more curious and ask me more questions ? We do t share too much in common tbh. We have different taste in music. She is telling me about her music and I am trying to introduce her to my music. To be completely honest I am not sure what we have in common other than the fact that both of us are kinda depressed at times. One thing we have in common is we like playing games but we never played together yet. She is really into anime, kpop stuff while I am more into western stuff. We are supporting each other but I am pretty sure this relationship isn't just about that. Compared to my ex I felt really secure and loved by her despite being in a LDR. She puts in the effort to make this work too, so I am trying put my share of effort as well. Any advice would be helpful thank you !

Maybe this just shows my age, but I struggle with how people who haven't met in person can call themselves boyfriend/girlfriend. I also struggle with how the relationship is worth it if it's just online/phone and she barely talks.

Sorry, I don't mean to be negative, and I do understand that it's these very limitations that you're trying to overcome. But honestly, why go to this effort when there will be girls in your own country who you can actually connect with?

If you are really committed (and I'd be interested to know why you are), then I can only suggest that you talk to her about it, maybe make up a fun game, like telling each other your dreams, fears, most embarrassing moment. You could even make the winner get more sexual attention next time 😊

Well I know this sound pretty childish and tbh I really want to wait till we met to become something but that one night we sext and things just moved too quickly and she wanted to be a couple right away. I was clear to her that I am still feeling unsure but I wanted to give this a chance so I agree to it. This relationship just come unexpectedly. I didnt met her on dating sites, but on some sort of language learning app...its not that I am not trying to date local girls. I did dated local girls and been in a relationship twice. Its been a while since anyone around me is worth dating, so why not give this a chance right ? Its not that i am afraid to be alone, I am perfectly fine with it but I am committed because she showed me values my ex never showed me. She really loves me despite knowing each other for short time which at this point I am still not sure how that happened. She just said she finds my personality perfect. She is really supportive toward me. My ex would just be a about it when I need someone to talk to about my problems but she understands me and help me instead. Thank you for your suggestions btw

I do think I need to caution you about her 'really loving' you in a month, online only. And she wanted to be a couple....

It actually sounds odd to me. Any chance she's looking to get out of her country and sees you as the ticket?

Sure, meet up, but if I was you I would lower my expectations. Please try not to compare her to your ex! That's the trap people can fall into - just because she seems nicer than your ex (and I say 'seems' because who knows what she's like in real life) doesn't make her right for you.

I also think your humour not lining up might be quite a big deal.

Archived