Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: In a pickle regarding love life

Well, there's always a mail order bride.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Well, there's always a mail order bride.
    Funny but that's wrong on so many levels...

Well, after about 5 mote rejections, I'm not certain whether it's something about me that's the problem. No matter how good I look, I really don't exude confidence I guess. After 4 meetups I barely know anyone new. I also have trouble by not being either interesting (yeah, no one turns their heads when I speak) or as loud as the other men.

What's worse is that I'm starting to feel like this is eating into my personality. My long-time friends from high school used to think of me as mellow and did not really take my moods as serious, even when I was angry. Now, I've been described as "stormy", and they seem to be a bit more cautious around me (which makes me rly scared; I don't think I like scaring people, which is the exact opposite of my older self, who wanted to be intimidating, but rarely succeeded). I've been told I'm too categorical, but the way I see it, there is always a reason for my opinions. A logical one.
    I'm wondering whethef my turbulent nature is off-putting and not just to potential dates.

Originally Posted by mdumi
    Funny but that's wrong on so many levels...
    Well I was originally suggesting with tongue in cheek but now after your response, I'm compelled to ask:

Why do you think it's "wrong?" There are thousands of men who end up happily married and have started families with women they have ordered.

Many of them good looking men who have trouble socially such as yourself.

7. 01-04-2018, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Well I was originally suggesting with tongue in cheek but now after your response, I'm compelled to ask:

Why do you think it's "wrong?" There are thousands of men who end up happily married and have started families with women they have ordered.

Many of them good looking men who have trouble socially such as yourself.
    Heard too many horror stories, or simply sad stories. I'm a Romanian dude, I come from a country that used to be provider of such brides. Rarely did one find a happy case.... I prefer not to encourage such things, since they are very prone to corruption, illegal human trafficking, and many other nasty things.

I'll be doing an update sometime this week.

Well, was this really only 4 months ago? Feels like a long time ago. I've quit my old job to move on to a new one with much better future prospects. My career looks good. Unfortunatly my social life looks worse than ever. I've had to move to a small provincial city to get this new job. It's actually my hometown, but I don't know anyone here except my sole parent. I haven't made any new friends, or gone out except for when I return to the big city (roughly once every 2-3 weeks).
    So yeah... fast track to be a succesful 50 year lonely geezer.

Though to be fair there are so many questions I have. If I'm too shy to ask someone out, does that mean I'm too immature to be in a relationship? Is my general anxiety readable? Is this the reason for my occasional bouts of anger (always alone, in private; too scared to lash out at anyone). Have I just signed up for no possible relationship till 30 bc of my job? How do I stop seeing things in such a utilitarian fashion? Why SHOULD I do so, since that seems correct in every way? How and why should I stop comparing myself to others? How does one define "flirting" and how do you do it (no, smilling and talking is not flirting. I smile and talk to my barber,my baker, my workmates? etc). What is "chemistry" and how do you recognize it? Would having sex help or hurt me right now? Would it make me a better person, or would I remain just as heartless?
    (and why is this thread tagged? I don't remember tagging anything...)
    Last edited by mdumi; 04-30-2018 at 02:06 PM.

How can some people have casual sex? Sex is the ultimate form of intimacy, I can"t even begin to understand how that's like. How can you hold someone and kiss someone you feel nothing for?... What else do you have for your significant other then? What sort of physical thing can you give her or him to make them feel special, something that makes them stand out, unique to them amongst your partners? Because it's physical things that make the difference, that require sacrifices... emotions do not make the world go round or mayter at all... God, can't wrap my head around that no matter how much I try....

12. 05-01-2018, 08:06 AM

Aaaand, had another rejection this week..A girl I met on safety and security class, and who I've chatted up a few times. Finally had the nerve to ask her out (in person, she gave me her facebook page. On facebook, she said she had a boyfriend, so no go, though I get the feeling it was an excuse.Why does everyone use facebook messenger?
    Honestly, my lack of patience is killing me....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice