Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I tell my friend something on my mind or not?

Jcucinotta4815

Should I tell my friend something on my mind or not?

Thanks hun. Much appreciated. Want to tell the guy I like he really hurt my feelings again last night over something. I asked kinda last minute if I could stay over with him and a mutual friend after a night of drinking and cards against humanity. I thought I was going to be late for coming home because I am going to the Cape. At first he said yes and then when we wanted to go to sleep he said he wished I had told him sooner I wanted to stay (I hem and hawed about it until 10:30 last night) because him sleeping on the floor is not good for his narcolepsy. He offered to sleep on floor at first. But then I left because I wanted him to sleep well. Should I tell him deep down I felt hurt and he was again making me feel like a bad person?

Jcucinotta4815

Sorry about the first two sentences. They were copied and pasted from Facebook Messenger to share here.

rosephase
    He wasn't MAKING you feel like a bad person. You felt like a bad person. That's on you. He has nothing to do with it. You felt guilty because you waited way to long to ask to stay the night and you were super inconveniencing him and not leaving him much of an option. You left because you felt bad when he told you how uncomfortable he was going to be sleeping on the floor with narcolepsy and you went home. You feel like a bad person because you assumed that it was a small ask to stay at his place and it turns out it was a big ask. You aren't a bad person and he didn't make you feel that way.

This is something you deal with on your own. And make plans, like spending the night, a lot earlier.

4. Thanks mustlovedogs, j.man, journeynow thanked for this post
    Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    Why would he sleep on the floor, instead of in his bed?

6. Thanks mustlovedogs, j.man thanked for this post
    j.man
    Why didn't you just sleep on the floor?

Jcucinotta4815

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyj [Register to see the link]
    Why would he sleep on the floor, instead of in his bed?
    He is like that when guests are around. His guy friend took his bed and he said I could take the couch at first. He is a gentlemen that way.

itsallgrand
    This is a guy you would like to date? Am I reading that right?

Jcucinotta4815

Quote Originally Posted by rosephase [Register to see the link]
    He wasn't MAKING you feel like a bad person. You felt like a bad person. That's on you. He has nothing to do with it. You felt guilty because you waited way to long to ask to stay the night and you were super inconveniencing him and not leaving him much of an option. You left because you felt bad when he told you how uncomfortable he was going to be sleeping on the floor with narcolepsy and you went home. You feel like a bad person because you assumed that it was a small ask to stay at his place and it turns out it was a big ask. You aren't a bad person and he didn't make you feel that way.

This is something you deal with on your own. And make plans, like spending the night, a lot earlier.
    About the plan making, that part I get and I feel is reasonable enough. Just feeling like I always get judged by him for making mistakes like that. I am in love with the guy too (sometimes to the point where I have been clingy and overly emotional), and he still feels like I am obsessive or crazy even though I am doing my best not to be. I just enjoy his company when we joke and gave fun.

Jcucinotta4815

Quote Originally Posted by itsallgrand [Register to see the link]
    This is a guy you would like to date? Am I reading that right?
    I do love him yes. Have loved him for two years. The relationship I have with him as a friend is complicated. We tried the dating thing but it never got anywhere and I was sad (but I know now it was because I was obsessive when we tried the dating thing and it was highly based on sex). But now he is into a girl I highly dislike and that makes me upset. Not as much that they are into each other but that he expects me to be close friends with her because she lives close to me and she and I are both on the autism spectrum. She is just too much of a showy person for my tastes.

rosephase
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcucinotta4815 [Register to see the link]
    He is like that when guests are around. His guy friend took his bed and he said I could take the couch at first. He is a gentlemen that way.
    Asking your host with sleeping issues to sleep on the floor is a big ask. And one your shouldn't make lightly. And one you should talk through before 10:30pm the night of. AND it sounds like he was still offering... you choose not to because that is the nice thing to do when your friend is going to be uncomfortable all night for you. But yeah... I would offer to sleep on the floor if that situation came up. I might just go home like you did. But I wouldn't sit my kind friend down and tell them they hurt my feelings by letting me know how much I was putting him out if I stayed. I would probably apologizes for putting him in that situation in the first place.

13. Thanks mustlovedogs thanked for this post

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Does everyone have some positive qualities?
Since the day I had been dumped (got dumped in April and after all the failed efforts to reconcile, accepted his decision in mid July). I feel I am a
Turning 36
So Im turning 36 and Im feeling a little lost and behinde and running out of time. Might be just one of those times. But I feel like ok Im
We cope differently. I get it. He doesn't.
So my boyfriend (24) and I (21) have been dating for about 10 months now, but we have known each other for over 3 years as friends. While we are
depressed beyond any help
i shower once every 3 weeks. i don't talk to anybody unless they speak to me first. i put no effort into anything (looks, art, etc.) and i sleep
Feelings of shame and depression
I'm a first poster on here and I'm desperate for advice/reassurance. I have just got back from a few days abroad for my friends wedding with my
I need help
So on October 7 my boy friend asked for a break and we haven't really been talking like we use to or texting like if we see each other at work we
why am i so emotionless?
i have never been a 'feelings person' and I rarely feel or show strong emotion. I am a teenaged girl so I expected to get a bit teary or whatever. I

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My (ex?) girlfriend has anorexia and it probably destroyed our relationship - what to do?
Hello. I would like to tell my story. I am a 22 year-old male dating an 18 year-old female, though we have probably broken up today. This is
Question about how I should handle the finances in my marriage
I recently married my bf of 5 years and we are expecting a baby early next year. Since then I've found out some rather disturbing things about his
married now found out she cheated while we were dating Im so confused help
We have been married 2 years and dated a long time before we were married (16yrs) 5 years into our relationship my wife , then gf went on a cruise
Wanting To Be With Loved One In After-Life
Has anyone who has ever lost a loved one with whom they were extremely close and loved dearly ever thought about taking his/her own life so as to be
Does everyone have some positive qualities?
Since the day I had been dumped (got dumped in April and after all the failed efforts to reconcile, accepted his decision in mid July). I feel I am a
I it wrong to date my sister's ex boyfriend?
My sister was dating a guy for two month, and me and her bf start being friends until they broke up.....i have feelings for him and he also loves me
She left me because she thinks I'm dumb
I have been in relationship with this girl and moved to her country 3 months ago and lately things are going pretty bad and she is seeking for a
Ask For Advice