Need to Lose 5 Pounds FAST

Hey guys, ever since this new Italian deli/market opened in the building where I work, I think I must have gained at least five pounds, maybe more, I don't have a scale.

I don't actually mind the extra weight (was probably too thin prior) and love the way my jeans fit now, BUT I was invited to an event next Saturday night and my favorite dress that I wish to wear does not fit!!

It's too tight, and some other clothes that I LOVE are too tight too. The only thing I like being tight are my jeans. Which I used to shrink in drier before wearing, now I dont have to.

So any ideas on how to lose 5+ pounds in ONE week? Without starving myself or making myself sick?

I thought about the cabbage soup thing and actually made the soup this morning and hate the taste. So forget that.

Please don't suggest I buy a new dress, or new clothes, it's a mental thing too, losing the extra 5.

And if I dont get a handle on it now, it could snowball to gaining more, especially with that new deli downstairs. They make the best lasagna! And Italian sub sandwiches!

I tried looking on line for quick weight loss diet, and course they want $$ before sending the info, ugh!

Any ideas, thanks in advance guys!

Um, avoid the deli?

Take the stairs. Don't eat anything packaged. Eat foods that require preparation so you have time to plan your meals. Eat small, healthy snacks throughout the day so you're not starved by mealtime. And do not skip meals! Oh, and drink lots of water.

Eating clean for a week might help. Nosh on fresh fruits, veggies, salads (with only healthy ingredients, no preservatives), and lean protein. Watch your sugar and sodium intake as well. Deli items tend to have a lot of sodium in them.

Um, avoid the deli?

Take the stairs. Don't eat anything packaged. Eat foods that require preparation so you have time to plan your meals. Eat small, healthy snacks throughout the day so you're not starved by mealtime. And do not skip meals! Oh, and drink lots of water.

Yeah I could avoid the deli, but need to lose the five pounds FAST.

I do take stairs now, AND walk a mile to/from work every morning/evening, and do yoga (hot yoga occasionally even and wow!) and work out at gym twice a week.

I used to run but have scaled back on that.

Eating clean for a week might help. Nosh on fresh fruits, veggies, salads (with only healthy ingredients, no preservatives), and lean protein. Watch your sugar and sodium intake as well. Deli items tend to have a lot of sodium in them.

I did read about this, tnx. Less than 500 mg sodium per day and only veggies (with lemon), no bananas as they are very starchy.

I might actually try this!

Water water water water ALL DAY LONG. I've lost about 3lbs over the last week just from drinking water, but I haven't been running like I usually do. Exercise and DRINK WATER.

Okay that is definitely doable! Okay to put a little crystal lite in for flavor?

It's got fake sugar so not sure if that will throw things off.

Or maybe just fresh lemon.

You should buy a water infuser. You can add raspberry and mint or any other fruits to infuse the water without any of that fake crap.

Awesome idea MLD, I definitely don't drink enough water, it's just so, meh.

But with the added fruit flavor, yeah.

So lots of fresh water and veggies all week, should work!

Don't forget protein. Vegetables alone will not give you proper nutrition.

If you like tuna (like I do) or any kind of fish or seafood, chicken and LEAN beef (not burgers!), have a small portion to supplement your variety of vegetables and fruits.

And, like others said, water! Lots of water. Don't try to guzzle it all at once but rather make sure you always have a bottle or glass at your elbow. Every time you catch sight of it, take a couple of drinks. Keeps you hydrated, helps keep hunger down and flushes out toxins. A win all the way around.

Just wanted to point out, you can get all the nutrition that you need from veggies (including protein.. heaps of that in vegetables) as long as you know what you need to eat (chia seeds or ground flax seed for omega 3) - research first! Good luck!

I actually have chia seeds and flax! I usually add in my morning protein shake.

Thanks everyone, great info!

Have you heard of "hara hachi bu"? It's a Japanese phrase that roughly translates into "belly 80% full". It basically means that you only eat to 80% fullness. Never to 100% fullness. It might not sound like a big deal, but it actually requires quite a bit of self-awareness to recognize once you get to the 75%/80% mark.

Personally, when I actively practice this way of eating, I tend to not only feel less full, but to look less full as well. So my tummy tends to stay flatter. It might not cause you to lose 5 lbs in a week, but it may just help you make your way back into some of your clothes by not swelling up the tummy as much after you eat.

Good luck!

Losing 5 lbs within one week is not realistic and can shock your body/screw with your metabolism. On an average, humans can lose 2 lbs per week at best.

Stay away from dairy products for two weeks to clean out your system (it will also help your metabolism). Eat LOTS of vegetables. Two cups for lunch and dinner. Limit protein intake to lean meats or nuts (Keto is not entirely accurate because of the fat you consume). Water is your best bet.

I do cardio at gym twice a week. 60 minutes.

And Bikram yoga about same! 90 minutes.

Different days.

That's good, then this week I would up the cardio on a daily basis, to make it more manageable. A half hour a day totals to 3 and a half hours of cardio for a week, so I would aim for higher than that just for this week in order to lose the 5 pounds. 5 pounds a week, or 20 pounds a month for longer term goals, is a healthy amount of weight to lose at a maximum. Of course, it is a given you should always strive for a healthy body weight and not under that.

Archived