Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A guy from tinder keeps disturbing me

Rapunzel111

A guy from tinder keeps disturbing me

I knew him from Tinder but we never met. We texted for a few days and texted a few topics about sex . After a few months, I am in a new relationship. Soon he texted again And I explicitly told him I have a boyfriend now. And he said he understand.
    Yet, he keeps sending me text once a few month, which I never replied to any of those. So what should I do? It is real creepy for a stranger to keep texting you every few months.

More importantly, he already went back to his country. So what should I do to stop him?
    Last edited by Rapunzel111; 10-07-2017 at 09:05 AM.

figureitout23
    Block him?

Rapunzel111
    Quote Originally Posted by figureitout23 [Register to see the link]
    Block him?
    My bad i forgot to mention this. I blocked him once and he used another number to text me

yatsue
    Silver Member
    You have to be more direct. Tell him you do not want him to talk to you anymore out of respect for your bf. If he continues after that, tell him if he doesn't stop then you will call the police on him for harassment. If he still contacts you, make that call and press charges on him. The police would need to come over and view the evidence (messages) and will proceed accordingly.

LHGirl
    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel111 [Register to see the link]
    My bad i forgot to mention this. I blocked him once and he used another number to text me
    Then block that number too.

And yes, tell him he's being blocked, and that you are screen-shotting all his text messages, and that you will go to police.

j.man
    The police have better things to do, particularly if he's in another country. Considering blocking a number takes all but three seconds, I'm not sure why your brain tells you, "Oh shucks looks like I'm just stuck with this" when he happens to text you with a new phone. Just block the second number. Tell him off prior to doing so if you feel you must.

MissCanuck
    Platinum Member
    If he messages you again, tell him in no uncertain terms that he is not to contact you anymore. You can tell him you are going to keep a record of all unwanted contact from this point forward and will pass it on the correct authorities if he does not stop. Even if you don't have any intention of actually doing so, tell him you do. Make him believe you mean business.

How do you know he's actually in another country?

Blue68
    Heís probably testing the waters to see if youíre interested in re-engaging in sex talk. Tell him outright that you are in a serious relationship and you do not wish to hear from him again. Also, make it equally clear that should he text you from another number you will continue to ignore him. Then do just that, as well as blocking every number he texts you from. Heíll soon run out of options or patience.

katrina1980
    Platinum Member
    Don't use the "out of respect for my boyfriend" excuse.

He'll assume if NOT for the BF, you'd want HIM, so he still has a chance and will try harder.

Tell him in no uncertain terms you are NOT interested in him, and if he doesn't stop harassing you, you will report him to authorities.

Be very assertive when you say it, don't try to be "nice."

If that doesnt work, have your BF step in and next time this bozo contacts you, have your BF text back (or call) and say "if you don't stop harassing my gf, I will personally track you down and kick your sorry a$$"!

Lol, on second thought, no don't do that, my ex did that once with a guy who was harassing me and I was mortified!

Tell him yourself and be assertive!
    Last edited by kamurj; 10-08-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Rapunzel111
    Thanks guys. Yea the police option is off the table. Well I dont know for sure he's back to his country but he told me before his visa only last for a year. And his facebook ( i unfriended him) said he's back to his hometown too. So I think he is really not in the state right now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Top Threads
I'm always the one messaging first lately.... not her.
I've been dating this woman for the past few weeks. We've gone on about 4 dates so far. Date #5 occurring this Saturday. Anyway, lately, it
Does she like me? Another second date confusion...
Met another girl online and we went on a date at Sunday ([I]this is the 7th girl I go on a first date with for the past few months, I suck at
Why would people ghost rather than saying something
Speaking to a girl for a month or so, been on a couple dates went well and we spoke a lot. After the last date we were still speaking for a few days
He didn't even bother to cancel our date leaving me feeling disrespected
We made plans to go out on Friday evening. No place/specific time but we did discuss possible things to do and I knew it would be in the evening
Is he really even interested? Please help.
I am really torn on what to do. I know I'm emotional at times and I don't know if this is honestly a problem or if it's all in my own head and I'm
Am I emotionally unavailable or a commitment phobe?
Hi, I am a 23yr old female and Iíve noticed I am a little different than most of my girl friends in the sense that while all of them are after some
Ghosted by an Ďamazingí man?
Hi Everyone, So after finally leaving an emotionally abusive relationship with a man I had a child with I finally started dating. I went on a few

Featured Threads
Is he just telling me what I want to hear?
I've posted on here a few times regarding my relationship. I finally built up the courage to break up with him. It's now been 5 weeks, yet due to our
Did the Psychologist get this wrong??
Me and my boyfriend have been together 8 years. We have not married or had kids yet which is more because of me in the sense I don't feel ready. He
Woman I'm dating revealed a lot about her sexual past
Hi Everyone, I'm a 28 year old male and have been going out with a 28 year old woman for about a month. Things have been going well and we have
Too Fussy?
So on my journey of recovering from a series of abusive and rubbish relationships Iíve come up with a list of deal breakers and a list of minimum
Is there still hope? Wanting to get back with Ex
I feel my hope of getting back with my ex is over for good. We broke up 12 months ago. I did the breaking up and during that time I've been begging
Sexual Chemistry or Comfort
Hi Everyone: I feel guilty for asking this, but here goes: I'm the type of person who is always in a relationship, most of the time they're
advice welcome
Hi all. Been with my wife for 20yrs, married 13yrs. Due to problems on both sides we split up in September. 2 weeks later she is in a rebound and
Ask For Advice