Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A guy from tinder keeps disturbing me

Rapunzel111

A guy from tinder keeps disturbing me

I knew him from Tinder but we never met. We texted for a few days and texted a few topics about sex . After a few months, I am in a new relationship. Soon he texted again And I explicitly told him I have a boyfriend now. And he said he understand.
    Yet, he keeps sending me text once a few month, which I never replied to any of those. So what should I do? It is real creepy for a stranger to keep texting you every few months.

More importantly, he already went back to his country. So what should I do to stop him?
    Last edited by Rapunzel111; 10-07-2017 at 08:05 AM.

figureitout23
    Block him?

3. Thanks j.man, Ziggy123, Pleasedonot5 thanked for this post
    Rapunzel111
    Quote Originally Posted by figureitout23 [Register to see the link]
    Block him?
    My bad i forgot to mention this. I blocked him once and he used another number to text me

yatsue
    Silver Member
    You have to be more direct. Tell him you do not want him to talk to you anymore out of respect for your bf. If he continues after that, tell him if he doesn't stop then you will call the police on him for harassment. If he still contacts you, make that call and press charges on him. The police would need to come over and view the evidence (messages) and will proceed accordingly.

6. Thanks LHGirl thanked for this post
    LHGirl
    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel111 [Register to see the link]
    My bad i forgot to mention this. I blocked him once and he used another number to text me
    Then block that number too.

And yes, tell him he's being blocked, and that you are screen-shotting all his text messages, and that you will go to police.

8. Thanks j.man thanked for this post
    j.man
    The police have better things to do, particularly if he's in another country. Considering blocking a number takes all but three seconds, I'm not sure why your brain tells you, "Oh shucks looks like I'm just stuck with this" when he happens to text you with a new phone. Just block the second number. Tell him off prior to doing so if you feel you must.

10. Thanks Hollyj, Pleasedonot5, mines, blueowl32 thanked for this post
    MissCanuck
    Platinum Member
    If he messages you again, tell him in no uncertain terms that he is not to contact you anymore. You can tell him you are going to keep a record of all unwanted contact from this point forward and will pass it on the correct authorities if he does not stop. Even if you don't have any intention of actually doing so, tell him you do. Make him believe you mean business.

How do you know he's actually in another country?

12. Thanks LaHermes thanked for this post
    Blue68
    He’s probably testing the waters to see if you’re interested in re-engaging in sex talk. Tell him outright that you are in a serious relationship and you do not wish to hear from him again. Also, make it equally clear that should he text you from another number you will continue to ignore him. Then do just that, as well as blocking every number he texts you from. He’ll soon run out of options or patience.

katrina1980
    Platinum Member
    Don't use the "out of respect for my boyfriend" excuse.

He'll assume if NOT for the BF, you'd want HIM, so he still has a chance and will try harder.

Tell him in no uncertain terms you are NOT interested in him, and if he doesn't stop harassing you, you will report him to authorities.

Be very assertive when you say it, don't try to be "nice."

If that doesnt work, have your BF step in and next time this bozo contacts you, have your BF text back (or call) and say "if you don't stop harassing my gf, I will personally track you down and kick your sorry a$$"!

Lol, on second thought, no don't do that, my ex did that once with a guy who was harassing me and I was mortified!

Tell him yourself and be assertive!
    Last edited by kamurj; 10-08-2017 at 08:16 AM.

15. Thanks Cope thanked for this post
    Rapunzel111
    Thanks guys. Yea the police option is off the table. Well I dont know for sure he's back to his country but he told me before his visa only last for a year. And his facebook ( i unfriended him) said he's back to his hometown too. So I think he is really not in the state right now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Top Threads
How does this happen?
There is a woman in my life, a co-worker. We’re friends, but not that close. This woman is amazing. Beautiful, kind, artistic, intelligent. We grew
Is he playing me?
I posted earlier about him. He works in the same building. He joined few weeks ago. Asked me a few times to go for a drink and I finally agreed. We
What's the most frustrating part of dating for you?
Hey guys, I'm curious what for you is the most frustrating part of dating or the part that you have the most problems with? Also from a girl's
Feeling A Bit Shallow Today. :(
Guys, you've been helping me a lot lately so here's one more, if you can. Last night I went to a single's event in my city, and got chatting with
How do we get through this?
My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost four years. He has been incredible and stepped up to the plate with my nine year old daughter. We also
Her wandering eye
I'm a 26 year old guy. My girlfriend and I have been together for about 8 months now. There have been ups and downs but it has been mostly good. One
Girl said, "I don't know what I want."... Is this rejection?
Backstory: Been casually dating for six months now and have yet to find a woman who I honestly felt I could form a relationship with. I met a young

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My (ex?) girlfriend has anorexia and it probably destroyed our relationship - what to do?
Hello. I would like to tell my story. I am a 22 year-old male dating an 18 year-old female, though we have probably broken up today. This is
Question about how I should handle the finances in my marriage
I recently married my bf of 5 years and we are expecting a baby early next year. Since then I've found out some rather disturbing things about his
married now found out she cheated while we were dating Im so confused help
We have been married 2 years and dated a long time before we were married (16yrs) 5 years into our relationship my wife , then gf went on a cruise
Wanting To Be With Loved One In After-Life
Has anyone who has ever lost a loved one with whom they were extremely close and loved dearly ever thought about taking his/her own life so as to be
Does everyone have some positive qualities?
Since the day I had been dumped (got dumped in April and after all the failed efforts to reconcile, accepted his decision in mid July). I feel I am a
I it wrong to date my sister's ex boyfriend?
My sister was dating a guy for two month, and me and her bf start being friends until they broke up.....i have feelings for him and he also loves me
She left me because she thinks I'm dumb
I have been in relationship with this girl and moved to her country 3 months ago and lately things are going pretty bad and she is seeking for a
Ask For Advice