Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: My girlfriend is lying to me

  1. #1
    juanton16

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    4

    My girlfriend is lying to me

    I been with my girlfriend for a year now and we live together... like all relationships we had our ups and downs and the issue is her lying to me and me catching this lies ...

    And Iím guilty of going through her phone when I get the chance, but this is bc three months into our relationship I find out sheís been texting her ex and there conversations are explicit and I still have the messages to this day.. I was devastated she was sleeping next to me in my old room before we moved In together and the guy messaged her thatís when I confronted her and she first lied to me saying those messages were for a friend but it was a terrible lie she later confessed and assured me nothing happened between them .. so I let it go I gave her a chance and tried to move on but I canít shake that feeling off.

    To this day I catch her lying to me on multiple occasions and I donít know what to do .. Iíve talked to her multiple times about this and she says she loves me and even is planning our future together. I love her so much that I forgive her every time and when I catch her lying she starts crying and threatens to leave .. after we resolve the issue she continues to talk about our future.

    Just today she told me her friend was coming over to bring her a medication. I got upset and told her I donít want another man in my house .. she started saying that heís gay so why am I overreacting and she says that all the time .. just do context I never yell or raise my hand .. I call her over sit next to her and calmly talk to her about it to fix it ... I do everything for her .. even if I end up broke I donít care as long as sheís happy .and I even shower her with affection so she knows how much I care and love her ... and she still tries to talk to other guys and Asks them to come over when Iím at work .. and she says they are just friends and just want to talk

    And Iím not allowed to have female friends and makes threats about what she will do if she catches me talking or seeing someone else that Iím hers and no one elseís but those rules canít apply to her bc thatís not what she wants

    Sorry if Iím all over the place I just donít know what to do ...

    I just downloaded this app idk if u can ask questions but if u can .. go ahead Iíll answer

  2. #2
    zkeria93
    zkeria93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by juanton16 [Register to see the link]
    I been with my girlfriend for a year now and we live together... like all relationships we had our ups and downs and the issue is her lying to me and me catching this lies ...

    And Iím guilty of going through her phone when I get the chance, but this is bc three months into our relationship I find out sheís been texting her ex and there conversations are explicit and I still have the messages to this day.. I was devastated she was sleeping next to me in my old room before we moved In together and the guy messaged her thatís when I confronted her and she first lied to me saying those messages were for a friend but it was a terrible lie she later confessed and assured me nothing happened between them .. so I let it go I gave her a chance and tried to move on but I canít shake that feeling off.

    To this day I catch her lying to me on multiple occasions and I donít know what to do .. Iíve talked to her multiple times about this and she says she loves me and even is planning our future together. I love her so much that I forgive her every time and when I catch her lying she starts crying and threatens to leave .. after we resolve the issue she continues to talk about our future.

    Just today she told me her friend was coming over to bring her a medication. I got upset and told her I donít want another man in my house .. she started saying that heís gay so why am I overreacting and she says that all the time .. just do context I never yell or raise my hand .. I call her over sit next to her and calmly talk to her about it to fix it ... I do everything for her .. even if I end up broke I donít care as long as sheís happy .and I even shower her with affection so she knows how much I care and love her ... and she still tries to talk to other guys and Asks them to come over when Iím at work .. and she says they are just friends and just want to talk

    And Iím not allowed to have female friends and makes threats about what she will do if she catches me talking or seeing someone else that Iím hers and no one elseís but those rules canít apply to her bc thatís not what she wants

    Sorry if Iím all over the place I just donít know what to do ...

    I just downloaded this app idk if u can ask questions but if u can .. go ahead Iíll answer
    Sometimes love can be blind even when the truth is in hindsight. A relationship has to have a solid foundation on trust without that you have nothing. Actions speak louder than word's at the end of the day. She has showned you that she doesn't respect you at the end of the day. She does these thing's because she knows that you care more about her than she does for you. SORRY if that came out rude but I just can't stand how some females walk all over the nice dudes. You have 2 options here which are really simple. You can try to express how talking to her EX makes you feel uncomfortable & that you don't like how she feels the need to lie even when u have caught her RED handed. If she cares about you like she says she will respect you enough to end all communcation with her EX. The past is the past for a reason. How would she feel if you were talking and being inappropriate with one of your EX girlfriends? She wouldn't like it because truth be told all humans have a jealous side. Once a person lies it's hard to trust them. Can you just imagine what else she has been doing that you may not know about? Sorry but in all honesty your heart doesn't deserve that.... & you say you have beem dating for a year? Your second option is to just leave her alone and find you someone who respect your feelings. You cannot get back time but what you can get back is your life and enjoy being stress free. Trust me when i say she will soon realize that she walked over a good one. I have been in this exact siuation and i wish someonw could have kept it real with me. In all honesty i know it isn't easy but just try to see if she will listen to you about how you feel. If she doesn't that it will all be up to you about what you should do. Good Luck!!!

  3. #3
    melancholy123
    Platinum Member melancholy123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    4,012
    Gender
    Female
    Thanked
    2638
    You need to wake up and admit to yourself that she's a liar and she's got guy friends coming to your house and just because she says they are gay, therefore not a threat, or they are just friends, doesnt mean that's true. She's lied a lot to you yet you let her get away with it and stick with her despite it all. She's using you and treating you like a doormat. She has rules for you that dont apply to her. Why do you put up with this? She's a liar! Liars cant be trusted.

  4. Thanks ThatwasThen thanked for this post
  5. #4
    MissCanuck
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,518
    Thanked
    2875
    You keep rewarding her bad behaviour. Not to be unkind, but what do you expect?

    Of course she doesn't stop lying. You have showed her over and over that you'll tolerate it and have no boundaries. She has no reason to stop. In short, you're her doormat. You don't shower a dishonest and untrustworthy person with affection and monetary rewards. That won't make her stop - it encourages her to continue. You're going about this all wrong.

    If you really want this to stop, implement some dang consequences, man.

  6. #5
    juanton16

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by MissCanuck [Register to see the link]
    You keep rewarding her bad behaviour. Not to be unkind, but what do you expect?

    Of course she doesn't stop lying. You have showed her over and over that you'll tolerate it and have no boundaries. She has no reason to stop. In short, you're her doormat. You don't shower a dishonest and untrustworthy person with affection and monetary rewards. That won't make her stop - it encourages her to continue. You're going about this all wrong.

    If you really want this to stop, implement some dang consequences, man.
    I donít know how to do that properly because there are the good times and she tries to motivate me to better myself and says that she has my back and all these things and has never said one bad thing about me , but then she gets in a specific way and starts lying and I catch her ... one time I told youíre a bad liar idk y u do that ....

    She says that she knows she needs to stop and knows I donít deserve that .. but still doesnít stop

    I honestly donít want to lose her but idk maybe Iím just a coward

  7. #6
    juanton16

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by zkeria93 [Register to see the link]
    Sometimes love can be blind even when the truth is in hindsight. A relationship has to have a solid foundation on trust without that you have nothing. Actions speak louder than word's at the end of the day. She has showned you that she doesn't respect you at the end of the day. She does these thing's because she knows that you care more about her than she does for you. SORRY if that came out rude but I just can't stand how some females walk all over the nice dudes. You have 2 options here which are really simple. You can try to express how talking to her EX makes you feel uncomfortable & that you don't like how she feels the need to lie even when u have caught her RED handed. If she cares about you like she says she will respect you enough to end all communcation with her EX. The past is the past for a reason. How would she feel if you were talking and being inappropriate with one of your EX girlfriends? She wouldn't like it because truth be told all humans have a jealous side. Once a person lies it's hard to trust them. Can you just imagine what else she has been doing that you may not know about? Sorry but in all honesty your heart doesn't deserve that.... & you say you have beem dating for a year? Your second option is to just leave her alone and find you someone who respect your feelings. You cannot get back time but what you can get back is your life and enjoy being stress free. Trust me when i say she will soon realize that she walked over a good one. I have been in this exact siuation and i wish someonw could have kept it real with me. In all honesty i know it isn't easy but just try to see if she will listen to you about how you feel. If she doesn't that it will all be up to you about what you should do. Good Luck!!!
    Thanks for the reply but I canít bring myself to
    Leave her .. whenever I think about it I start to cry and think about how much Iíll miss her .. Iím just really confused right now ... she praises me and said to me on multiple occasions how she canít wait to have her dream wedding with me and all these good things and still is able to do all that bad to me itís frustrating

  8. #7
    juanton16

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by melancholy123 [Register to see the link]
    You need to wake up and admit to yourself that she's a liar and she's got guy friends coming to your house and just because she says they are gay, therefore not a threat, or they are just friends, doesnt mean that's true. She's lied a lot to you yet you let her get away with it and stick with her despite it all. She's using you and treating you like a doormat. She has rules for you that dont apply to her. Why do you put up with this? She's a liar! Liars cant be trusted.
    I honestly donít want to think that sheís using me .. I donít want to believe ppl can be that fake just to use u

  9. #8
    AtitAgain
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    150
    Thanked
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by juanton16 [Register to see the link]
    I honestly donít want to think that sheís using me .. I donít want to believe ppl can be that fake just to use u
    Trust me... some people are. And your girlfriend is not inspiring a lot of confidence right now.

    One thing I would say is that people who cheat, often accuse, or are overly concerned about their partners cheating on them. If they do it, then they are worried their mate will do it too. Isn't that familiar with her preventing you from having female friends, who DON'T EVEN COME TO YOUR APARTMENT WHILE SHE IS OFF AT WORK?

    You need to man up and dump this girl. Get someone who really loves and respects you. First you need to respect yourself. You are enabling her, respect your dignity. What I am going to say is cruel, but I don't doubt that while she has been in bed with another dude in the bed where you sleep she maybe have said to him how you would never leave her and giggled as he proceeds to bang the hell out of her.

    Have some respect for yourself man.

  10. #9
    kbbcoop77
    Platinum Member kbbcoop77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,059
    Thanked
    995
    I had a girlfriend like that once. We were together a couple years and lived together for a bit..but the lies...once I sat down and made a list of all the lies and it took up the whole page. Eventually I just had to end it..I don't even think about her anymore. Just dump her and find someone else. I did and was with my wife for 24 years until we split up but that relationship was much more real and meaningful than with the liar.

  11. #10
    hyden
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    39
    Posts
    371
    Gender
    Male
    Thanked
    297
    'It is the thief that most fears being robbed.' Funny how she makes threats about what she will do if you ever did what she is actually doing to you...right now...behind your back.

  12.  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
I am pregnant and my boyfriend wont marry me
Hi all, Two weeks ago, we found out that I was pregnant, even though I had been using UID. So it was a total shock to us. I am Turkish descent and
Question about how I should handle the finances in my marriage
I recently married my bf of 5 years and we are expecting a baby early next year. Since then I've found out some rather disturbing things about his
Living Together For 4 Years, But I'm Exhausted/Frustrated.
I've been with my girlfriend for 9 years and we've been living together for 4 years. We're in our late 20s and our relationship started near the end
Age Gap Advice
I'm looking for advice/opinions on my current situation. This is going to be a longer post as I want everyone to get the bigger picture on the matter
I don't feel it anymore
I'm in a 5months long relationship with my girlfriend and over these 5 months we've managed to see eachother only once a week. AT the beginning I was
I feel guilty for wanting a little more attention?
I feel terrible as I know my bf is working very hard and I hate asking him for more attention. The situation hit a breaking point a couple weeks ago
Boyfriend is friends with ex who he cheated with in the past (not on me)
I don't know if I'm over reacting so I'd really like some feedback. My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 months. He has an ex that he

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My (ex?) girlfriend has anorexia and it probably destroyed our relationship - what to do?
Hello. I would like to tell my story. I am a 22 year-old male dating an 18 year-old female, though we have probably broken up today. This is
Question about how I should handle the finances in my marriage
I recently married my bf of 5 years and we are expecting a baby early next year. Since then I've found out some rather disturbing things about his
married now found out she cheated while we were dating Im so confused help
We have been married 2 years and dated a long time before we were married (16yrs) 5 years into our relationship my wife , then gf went on a cruise
Wanting To Be With Loved One In After-Life
Has anyone who has ever lost a loved one with whom they were extremely close and loved dearly ever thought about taking his/her own life so as to be
Does everyone have some positive qualities?
Since the day I had been dumped (got dumped in April and after all the failed efforts to reconcile, accepted his decision in mid July). I feel I am a
I it wrong to date my sister's ex boyfriend?
My sister was dating a guy for two month, and me and her bf start being friends until they broke up.....i have feelings for him and he also loves me
She left me because she thinks I'm dumb
I have been in relationship with this girl and moved to her country 3 months ago and lately things are going pretty bad and she is seeking for a
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •