Teacher is avoiding me?

Throwaway. Weird question, I have no idea what to do in this situation.

One of my teachers (male/50's? 40's?) seems like he is avoiding/ignoring me (female, early 20's). I feel it’s become very obvious. It’s a medium sized class, I sit around the middle and he makes eye contact with me every lecture, so I’m pretty sure he knows I’m in his class and not some random person when I go to him for clarification. He offers extra help during the week, alongside another professor, like a study group. First time I went, he went around the room answering everyone’s questions (one on one help), but ignored me when I was sitting there with my hand raised like everyone else. I didn’t think it’s a big deal, whatever, but it kinda bothered me that I was in a group that was asking him questions and I went to ask something right after a group member and he just walked away from us.

Second time I went in to ask another question, but since my teacher was busy, I asked the other professor who seemed annoyed I was asking him because I’m not his student. The professor that isn’t mine called over my teacher, told him he should be answering my question, to which my teacher said “yeah” and then he just left the room and didn’t come back.

Yesterday I was in the study session again and he poked his head in (saw me? Idk) and didn’t come into the room for the time I was there. I left and joined some other students in a different room, and could see that he went back into the original study group room basically right away after I left (I’d been there an hour-ish).

I don’t know if I’m being paranoid or what, but it really seems like this guy is avoiding me. I don’t think I’ve done anything to offend him; I am quiet, come to every class on time and have been doing well/pay attention. The only times I’ve tried to speak to him is during these study sessions, so I don’t think I’m badgering him. I’m starting to think I resemble somebody he hates or something.

So I’m wondering if anyone else has been through something similar and what you did about it. I’ve never had issues with any college professors before this and I don’t know what to do. Advice please? Thank you.

Archived