Girlfriends ex out of prison

So My girlfriend ex just got out of prison and call her a few minutes ago asking about her and the baby, and the due date, he she tells him and she says she about to get into the shower then to bed for work, he goes okay I’ll call you back tomorrow and she goes sure.

So we had a discussion about it and I ask her why didn’t she just tell him no not to call her anymore and that she move on and you should too, she didn’t say anything and jump into the shower

Meh...I don't know if anything really aggregious happened here. People have different opinions when it comes to communicating with exes. It sounds like she just answered the phone, talked a little, and then kind of blew him off. Yes, maybe she should have said "No, don't call me again. I've moved on and we shouldn't talk anymore" but that's confrontational and maybe she was caught off guard and maybe she's just not good at that. I think you'd be jumping to conclusions to think that this means that she's about to get back together with him or cheat on you with him. I mean, it's possible. But there's no reason to just assune that yet.

You absolutely should set your boundaries. I would tell her that you two are about to have a baby and you think that for the sake of your relationship that you don't think she should keep communicating with the convict and that she should block him if he keeps trying to engage her.

Do that, see how she reacts, and then go from there.

Another point to ponder is, how and why does he know she's having a baby? Also, if it comes to the point of having to suggest to end any contact with him, your relationship is already headed south, (imo).

At any rate, I'm sure there's more to this than meets the eye. I'd proceed with caution.

Wait and see if she answers his calls.

Did they break up because he went to prison or did they break up before he went in?

In any case she needs to do things that make your relationship stronger and talking to an ex just out of prison certainly doesn't make your relationship better does it?

Make sure she knows you are not comfortable with her talking to her ex but she is free to do what she wants. If she continues you then know that your feelings are not being taken seriously.

Congratulations on your child, I hope the pregnancy and birth go perfectly.

Lost

I will keep all updated, I sent her a text message basically telling how I felt about it and that she can talk to him to figure out why he’s out so early since that puzzle her the most but to also let him know that this is his last call and not to contact her anymore so we’ll see what happens

She doesn't need to talk to him about that. its a matter of public record and she can find out without communicating with him.

Archived