Messaging a girl I met while traveling?

jebkush

In of a bit of a predicament right now. I met this girl at an academic conference in a state that is quite a bit a ways from where I live. Anyway, I feel like we really hit off during the few days I was there. We share similar academic interests, have similar tastes in music, and share a similar sense of humor. But eventually the conference we were at came to a close and we all went our separate ways. About two months pass and lately she has been on mind. I've been trying to think of a way to message her on Facebook, but online communication has never been my strong suite so I'm having a bit of hard time thinking of anything to get things rolling. Advice?

Sure, eventually you will have to date in your local area. But if this girl is a lot on your mind after two months, I'd do something now, to avoid the situation where you've been thinking about her for a year and you will think "Damn! I wish I messaged her after two months! Now there's no way I can after a year!". So do something now

Anything you write - either "hi, how are you", or you mentioning something of your shared academic interests, or sending her a music video will get the conversation going. If she thinks fondly of you too, she'll be happy that you messaged and you won't have to carry the whole conversation yourself. Don't overthink - you're both academic nerds. So she should be cool with stuff. I'm talking to a cute nerd right now. It's adorable when I think that he was probably super nervous starting the first few conversations, and didn't know how to start them, so he was just sending me some nerd materials and asking me academic questions as conversation starters. Thing is, I couldn't even tell that he's not extravert and shy about talking with people before he told me. Everything he said or did was cool. And poor guy probably overanalysed it so much. If he started messaging me with a cat picture, it would still get the conversation going, because I like him too and wait for excuses to talk to him too. Because we clicked in real life. Like you did. Think about it. On the other hand, if she's not really interested in staying in touch, you can't make her

Either way, it's not about potential mistakes in conversation - it's just a question if two people who liked each other at a conference are willing to stay in touch. There's only one way to check - write to her, and see where it will lead you.

Archived