Mugen221

I just broke up today with the best girl I have ever known. She and and I had a great connection and everything was going well for the first few months. We started dating in September 2016 then in late December she wanted to brake up due to poor communication, so we spend a month apart and I finally get her to realize there wasn’t really any big problems. ( she is a victim of sexual abuse) she agreed and everything goes back to normal. Flash forward to last Monday where I come over with baked goods and she looks depressed and explains we should take a brake... she then explains a bunch of reasons that go from when we solve one problem another arises and that she felt alone even when we were together. Which is hard for me to hear because I go out of my way to make sure she is happy even going as far as to not complain about her toxic friends. So we don’t talk for a week, and the day before we were supposed to meet she blocked me from her Facebook relationship status, which I found out she changed to single and started telling everyone we broke up. I met her the next day both of us having a friend there to keep the peace and I let out all my feelings. At the end we agreed she and I are both messes and need time alone but to remain best friends and to focus on our selfs for a few months. I agreed That we shouldn’t talk for a while that it would bring up old wounds. I love her and I was planning a huge one year anniversary event for us. And we break up 20 days before I can execute my anniversary party. I know I’m not perfect but I really love her and I wanna to know if I have a chance to get her back in the future.

Sorry, I'm a little confused... You said you each had a friend at the breakup to "keep the peace". Can you explain that a little? This is somewhat odd. I have never had a friend come along at a breakup or accompanied a friend to a breakup. Do you have a violent or volitile history with one another?

Not much to think about. Be happy she broke up with you. She sounds like a lot of work with her issues.

Do not be best friends with this woman. Do not stay in contact with her, clean break with nothing to do with her.

you need to move on without her in your life....

go find a woman who has herself together not someone who is broken and needs fixing. That's not your job!

you will be much happier without her, when you find a better woman...

Eh, don't bring security blanket-friends to a break-up. You two are adults and need to be able to sort through these things on your own. Anyway, a moot point now.

She doesn't sound emotionally ready for a relationship. It appears she's had one foot out the door for a long time. The first time she broke up with you was your warning of bumpier things to come; you should never feel compelled to convince someone to be with you. That right there was an indication that things were not great.

Archived