Ross88

Hey guys

Im 29 and recently went to California from UK to do some travelling over the summer and had a fantastic time. I seen the whole of L.A. and the surrounding areas with a friend.

I also met a local girl who I instantly liked and we got it off but unfortunately this was towards the end of my trip. After leaving we agreed to stay in touch but my feelings are continuing to grow for her and her for me she says. I just don't know what to do as we are both still in education and wouldn't see eachother very often obviously and it might be too painful, but I don't want to lose her.

There's proabably loads of these threads but I needed to write my thoughts down. I'm currently in my room in the evening while she's attending classes as it's around midday there. The time difference sucks too. It's just this girl is beautiful and fun and we get along well and we're both so happy when we speak to eachother.

I just hope I can get some advice really on this situation.

Thanks guys.

So I'm lying in bed crying about it worrying about what's gunna happen. I've always been an overthinker. I think about how well we get on and how happy I am when she messages me for them 30 minutes or so during the day.

I think I'm falling for her which sucks as we won't be able to see eachother for several months. I'm in college in an obscure town and also have to go on placement for weeks at a time in remote areas which isn't good for keeping occupied and my mental health.

I don't want to cut contact with her as losing her would be horrible and not seeing her ever again or knowing what happened to her would kill me.

It's kinda ridiculous as I'm older than her and should be more emotionally mature but a part of me thinks she probably sees it as what it is and isn't as invested as me even though she likes me. Life has a way of knocking you down I guess and we can't always live the fairytale. I'm deeply depressed right now and don't know what to do about things and to be honest my life in general.

I’m kind of in the same boat although we’re not that far apart. I’ve accepted the situation for what it is from the start but it doesn’t mean I think about her less.

My approach is go with the flow. I’m gonna let her get a hold of me most of the time and see if I could keep that spark in the moment. After that it’s her feelings and you can’t change them. There’s really not much you can do just hope you made an impact enough to where she can tell the difference between you and any other guy trying to get in her life. Who knows maybe she feels the same as you but the point is you don’t want to come off neurotic just because of the circumstances. You weren’t neurotic then and it worked so becoming too pushy or emotional isn’t going to reinforce that.

Don’t give up a good thing because it’s not convenient at the moment but also understand that it’s gotta be her train of thought too and you can’t force that.

That’s just how I look at it. Others may say it’s a false hope and that could be true too. Either way be cool. It’s a good lesson either way.

• 3 months later...

I can relate to how you’re feeling when I was 17 I participated in a student exchange in Spain ( I live in the states). I met this guy who I got along with well and we both liked each other. When I got home he contacted me and we started talking never did I imagine he would become my boyfriend of 4 years. We just recently broke up bc it became toxic. However every situation is different just be aware that it is extremely difficult like you said time difference, distance, etc etc. Like they said above don’t force and go with the flow.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived