My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 15 months. We're both about to turn 18, and we've been having some trouble lately. He's been making plans with me a lot and canceling a lot. Last night we made plans to hang out on Sunday (tomorrow) but about an hour ago he texted me saying he can't hang out once again. I asked him why and he said he wasn't going to tell me because he knows I'll get mad. I asked him very politely to tell me. I've said please twice, he read them and didn't respond. He also started work at 3:30 so hopefully on his break he will respond to me, but I told him that if it's for a good reason I'll be okay, but if he's going out with his friends instead my feelings will be a bit hurt but I'll get over it eventually. But I told him that if it's for a stupid reason that we needed to talk. I'm at my breaking point where I just want to end it right now, but I don't want to make a mistake. I feel like Im putting 90% into this relationship but he's only putting in 40%. I'm just stuck.

Sounds like he's going to hang with his friends, which you say you won't like. At almost 18 you two are so young and have so much living and growing to do that there's a good chance he isnt going to be The One for you. Maybe your relationship has passed it's best days. Do you think he's seeing someone else?

I doubt it, he wouldn't have the time and he's always told me that he would never and anybody who does is a pathetic coward.

Sorry, sweetie, but it sounds as though he's losing interest - and that's all there is to it.

If you're not ready to end the relationship, just concentrate on living as good a life as you can for now. Get out and about with friends, get involved in your own interests - whatever you need to feel better about yourself - but stop contacting him because that's likely to end in disappointment for you.

It's a horrible, painful situation to be in a relationship where the other person just doesn't care, and you need to put your own interests first. Because he certainly isn't going to.

Archived