Would this bug you?

willdation

If your husband/wife/partner travels 3 hours to spend the night out of town partying with colleagues would you at least expect them to let you know they got home to the hotel ok or at least say goodnight?

I didn't hear from my partner since 6:00 pm yesterday and had no idea if she got to the hotel ok after the party and she didn't respond to my text/call until........... 8:00 am the next morning

If your husband/wife/partner travels 3 hours to spend the night out of town partying with colleagues would you at least expect them to let you know they got home to the hotel ok or at least say goodnight?

I didn't hear from my partner since 6:00 pm yesterday and had no idea if she got to the hotel ok after the party and she didn't respond to my text/call until........... 8:00 am the next morning

Do you trust her?

Well she gave me conflicting answers...she said we talked at 6:30pm and she went straight to the hotel and didn't go anywhere ....but this morning I got a text from her she just seen my missed call and she was with her friend until around midnight and forgot to check her phone...so that kinda confuses me..

I basically told her I was concerned and it's just common curtesy to let your partner know you got to the hotel safely...she then just said 'but I went straight to sleep after talking with you' which doesn't add up to the message she sent me in the am...

I’d expect the same courtesy as I’d give my SO and I would have texted her here and there during the party anyway.

My ex did something like that and even though she didn’t come home until 4 hours after she said she’d be home (work convention) and claimed she was at an impromptu afterparty and her phone was dead, she sounded suspicious so I checked her FB messages (which I extremely rarely do) and found her phone wasn’t dead because she was texting some other guy (who had acted suspiciously with her in the past) about a hotel room. And when she said that’s where the party was and I was overreacting, I still let it slide - so in your case I’d do the same but stay on my toes because if it makes you wary, there may be something more there.

The whole “do you trust her” question needs to be reworded because it sounds accusatory and judgmental. It should be “has she ever given you reason to distrust her in the past”, because if so I’d say you have every right to feel the way you do. And if not then I’d let it slide as a one off, if she’s a cheat she’s going to slip up badly anyway eventually.

If the roles were reversed, how do you think she’d feel?

OP, you saying "not sure" when asked if you trust her is pretty much the same as "not completely."

Now, it's obvious that she told you a little fib. That's not a good thing, of course. However, you are giving us one isolated incident to view in a vacuum which makes it difficult (for me anyway) to form an opinion. Maybe she's an untrustworthy person who was up to no good. Then again, maybe you are a jealous, controlling type who tends to interrogate and make mountains out of molehills and sometimes it's just easier to quite frankly lie to you.

Does she have a pattern of untrustworthy, underhanded behavior? If so, then this is probably another example of why she may not be a good partner. If not, I'd let it go.

My ex was at her work convention that I mentioned 2.5 years ago...lmao maybe it’s the same woman!!!

JK but I hope it isn’t. Do what I did and just take her out for a nice dinner and dancing and tell her you’re sorry.

But I would still keep the fib in mind and see how she acts in the future.

History of cheating? red flags right there.

Trust your intuition. Don't trust any man or woman until they prove to be trustworthy. Tell her that you want her to call you or communicate with you at all times. Even if it's just to send a picture of fun things she's doing. It's called common courtesy and you also care about her safety.

A woman who loves you will respect your wishes. If she says you're too controlling then I would question a future with this one. Not because she's cheating but because she's inconsiderate and doesn't demonstrate that she's on your team. It takes literally a second to take a pic or shoot a text. In this day and age, everyone has their phones glued next to their side 24/7, there really are no excuses.

Archived