Crying

cinner

IM A 63 YEAR OLD WOMAN ,and my life has turned upside down. I cry day and night. For some damn reason I'm lost , alone and just cant figure things out. I want my life back. I really do ,and then I feel like I just want it to be over[ my life] . Today all I am able to think about is how to end my life. How do I turn these feelings around?

IM A 63 YEAR OLD WOMAN ,and my life has turned upside down. I cry day and night. For some damn reason I'm lost , alone and just cant figure things out. I want my life back. I really do ,and then I feel like I just want it to be over[ my life] . Today all I am able to think about is how to end my life. How do I turn these feelings around?

Let me try - about 3 years ago my doctor put me on some anti depression meds and within that three years he had me so drugged up that I felt nothing . Then about 4mo,s. ago I took myself off the meds - stopped cold. Now every feeling that was dead has come back to life . One min. I feel wonderful and the next min. all I can do is cry. I have 4 sons , my oldest son has heart problems and has had 3 surgeries with another one coming up Oct. 17th. ,and my 4th son had been having very bad headaches . Found out 6mo,s. ago that he has a brain tumor. All of my boys seemed to be very healthy. they all are married with families and work every day . Then this. Plus my husband works a job that keeps him away from home a lot . That leaves me to deal with a lot of stuff alone. I know right now I sound like a whine ass. I,m sorry -- but I'm over - close to breaking . I really don't know how to cope , this is the hardest thing ive ever had to do and do it alone .

Find a new Dr you can talk to, who wont just keep upping the meds without listening.

I started menopause & saw my Dr & she just told me to double the antidepressants I am already on. I did it for 2 weeks & was a zombie. I went back to one a day & found a new Dr.

See if there is a support group near you that you can go & chat to others that are dealing with issues like yourself. Sometimes it helps a lot to have a cup of tea & a chat with a stranger!!

Best of luck

Well its a new day . I started my day as I always do , a long soaking bath, dressed and then went outside to take a deep breath of country air and feast my eyes on the beautiful day that God has given to me . Ok ,this is a new great day ., I tell myself . I went back into my home and right away I'm sinking again. I guess I will make an app. to see a new doctor ,and that scares me cause I don't want to be put on meds.

Why do you fear meds? My husband takes meds for anxiety and so do I . My husband is a gloriously happy person on meds and then absolute disaster without them . He will be on meds the rest of his life but that's the way it is . I used to be afraid of meds as well . But I found they were more helpful to me then not .

I can understand feeling emotion less on them though . I have a severe neuralgic condition in which I had to take heavy heavy doses of anti-seizure medications and you couldn't have an emotion if you tried . Right now thankfully I'm in a remission . So I understand that part of it .

Don't forget there are different medications so if you don't like one you can try different ones . Be proactive about your health. If you feel funky on one med asked to try another one .

I fear meds cause the doctor I had , put me on them 4 years ago and he had me taking meds to go to sleep , meds to wake up , meds to calm my nerves anti this and anti that at one time I was taking 7pills in the morning ,4 at noon , and 14 at night. I was the walking dead.

I fear meds cause the doctor I had , put me on them 4 years ago and he had me taking meds to go to sleep , meds to wake up , meds to calm my nerves anti this and anti that at one time I was taking 7pills in the morning ,4 at noon , and 14 at night. I was the walking dead.

Then get a new dr. But crying all day is not functioning either is it?

I think your biggest mistake was to stop cold turkey on everything, you are supposed to wean off slowly. Also it sounds like you were on to much, maybe you still need an antidepressant, I bet if you went back on 1 at least to get you through this time, then maybe you can wean off it after the crisis period. Also please contact a suicide helpline if you really feel that way.

Most days suicide feels like the only answer. I know yesterday evening I really had a nice time , but there is always a but. The nice times are few and far between. I always thought that as a woman gets older things would get easier, boy was I wrong . What we carry with us , my ,my. The days are so short and the nights go on forever. When I was young , I loved the nights. The sound of peaceful night breezes was wonderful , the love of ones husband holding you in his arms while you slept. Wishing the night would never end . Now there is pain in the thought of nights . They are long , dark ,and lonely. Mostly now I just wish it would end .

So Cherubrock, how are you doing now?

I'm doing better, I don't take any meds. I had a lot of "emotional upheavals" last year..I was a mess, but somehow just sticking it out and letting the issues and feelings just pass has a way of leaving you more clear. The problem is an emotional one if you get what I mean.

Yes, Cherubrock, I sure do know what you mean. Every day I find myself crying over something . I dont even have the strength to get mad or just scream.

Cinner, I think you should focus more on the present then crying about things in the past. What would you like to see happening or have right now in the present and what are things you can start doing to bring you closer to that? I think doing this can help you to stop moping around and despairing. Just my two cents.

Archived