Only wanting a cyber relationship?

ColdCouch

I just posted in the infidelity forum about my chronically unfaithful partner. And it's got me to thinking... do I really ever want another "real" relationship again? Have I been hurt that many times in life that I'm willing to forego human interaction and just relegate my love life to online dating? Because I truly believe (thanks to my current partner pushing me over the edge) I do not care to have another "real" relationship ever again. Not even a friendship. It's really gotten to the point that I yearn for a relationship that is only executed via texts and emails. The scary thing is, is that I don't see anything wrong with this. Maybe it's because I've been burned too many times. Who knows? But there is something so comforting about the idea of becoming a hermit and interacting only via electronic communications.

Have I totally lost my mind? Does anyone else feel this way? Has anyone else been hurt so badly to the point that they have given up on normal socialization and interactions?

I would say if you don't want a "real" relationship, that's fine. You can take time off from dating and be by yourself. But I think an Internet-only relationship isn't really healthy. People need human contact, and if you're so afraid of a real relationship that you turn to a virtual one, I think you need someone to talk to about it.

I don't understand , you said in your last thread you are not going to leave him and don't want a cheer leading squad telling you so !

Anyway , the trouble with cyber relationships is the end result is to meet and you would have to say to that person that it will always be just over the internet , and not many would want to dedicate their lives to that . I do understand how it feels safer to just do it that way , and it is nice to have a flirt and get some company , but the end result is usually to build to something in the real world .

I don't understand , you said in your last thread you are not going to leave him and don't want a cheer leading squad telling you so !

Yes, I did say that. I can still yearn for the day when I can be alone though, no? Nothing wrong with pondering and asking others what they think. I'm still not asking for a cheering squad or asking people to convince me to go. Again, I'm merely thinking of how better and different life would be for me. We all do that in one form or another on a daily basis, no? I.e. "I wonder what it would be like to win the lottery" or "I wonder what it would be like to be thinner" etc.

Archived