Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: His "Lesbian friend" that isn't a Lesbian

Also, just to clear it up he said the lesbian thing in a kind of joking tone. He can be very silly sometimes and say things that he doesn't think through, he thought of it as when i had a legitimate gay best friend till not too long ago(we fell out) but admitted today that was he said was stupid and apologised without me even having to bring it up.

Originally Posted by Jenny00
    Also, just to clear it up he said the lesbian thing in a kind of joking tone. He can be very silly sometimes and say things that he doesn't think through, he thought of it as when i had a legitimate gay best friend till not too long ago(we fell out) but admitted today that was he said was stupid and apologised without me even having to bring it up.
    I really thought that him referring to her as his lesbian friend was just a phrase like I would say "he is like my long lost brother", meaning that there is nothing sexual there between us. I just wouldn't read anything more into that and I'm glad to see that you aren't either.

As for her, I just wouldn't worry about her at all. It doesn't matter what she does, it only matters how your bf responds. It doesn't seem like he is encouraging her or in any way crossing boundaries. Think of it like if you had some guy hitting on you - you aren't going to run off with him just because he is hitting on you. You'll only leave your relationship if you are unhappy with it. Same applies to most people out there. So focus on having fun with your bf and the health and happiness of your relationship with him, because that is your best defense against "intruders."

Originally Posted by DancingFool
    I really thought that him referring to her as his lesbian friend was just a phrase like I would say "he is like my long lost brother", meaning that there is nothing sexual there between us. I just wouldn't read anything more into that and I'm glad to see that you aren't either.

As for her, I just wouldn't worry about her at all. It doesn't matter what she does, it only matters how your bf responds. It doesn't seem like he is encouraging her or in any way crossing boundaries. Think of it like if you had some guy hitting on you - you aren't going to run off with him just because he is hitting on you. You'll only leave your relationship if you are unhappy with it. Same applies to most people out there. So focus on having fun with your bf and the health and happiness of your relationship with him, because that is your best defense against "intruders."
    Thankyou so much, this really made me feel so so much better!!

She hasn't tried to contact him since then so all seems good, although I think I'll act on it if she contacts him again when she has big problems
    Thanks so much again, this was very helpful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice