Boyfriend won't acknowledge my accomplishments and feelings, tricks me into thinking im wrong

temporarygirl

I've been in a relationship with this guy for about 6 months now. He is an artist and paints, pretty well actually. I am also an artist and do fine art photography and this is my 6th year in school, he never went to school. Anyway, he decided to plan an art show downtown with a guy that helped spread awful rumors about me before we started dating. I was never told of this, until it was already planned and he didn't decide to include me in the art show either. Prior to this, he talked about wanting to do shows together and sell art together. For one I'm hurt that I wasn't invited to be apart of this because I figured he'd want to grow together and do these things together like he talked about, and secondly he has made it very uncomfortable for me to even attend. I would like to support him and be there for his show, but its so hard knowing that the one person he did include has been so awful to me. I have gone out of my way to promote him, making his website, business cards and t-shirts. He won't even like my photos on instagram. And it's not like i'm a bad photographer, i'm actually pretty good. He told me I was selfish for wanting to tag along, but I think it would be cool to do something together and it would draw in more people. He also planned band practice at the same time of my awards ceremony I had at school, where I received 4 rewards and a scholarship from a print competition. I'm just hurt, I feel like I am not seen, and he only cares about promoting himself, and does nothing to support me. He gets angry when I get angry at him. I don't know what to do, I just want to be acknowledged.

He sounds jealous of both your talent and credentials. Probably also your potential.

Find a creative collaborator, someone who endorses your value as an artist and appreciates your efforts. This may even be a person who is not an artist at all, but rather one who lives from the heart no matter what he does for a living, and who adores you for what you are and do.

No sense putting good effort toward a person who cannot say genuine thank you.

Archived