Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: 1 Relationship

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared

1 Relationship

Anyone else only ever have one romantic relationship in their life ? I realize average is probably having lots of them.

Yes, moi. One.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by journeynow
    Yes, moi. One.
    Yay! There are some of us!

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Yay! There are some of us!
    Yes. Maybe it was the times, but when we were starting out it wasn't expected that we have all our ducks in a row (careers established, finances stellar) before committing, nor did we compare our relationship to others'.

Originally Posted by journeynow
    Yes. Maybe it was the times, but when we were starting out it wasn't expected that we have all our ducks in a row (careers established, finances stellar) before committing, nor did we compare our relationship to others'.
    It could be. We were also expected to be out of our parental homes quickly. So you made your life quickly .

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    It could be. We were also expected to be out of our parental homes quickly. So you made your life quickly .
    Yes, absolutely.

No, but I know 3 people who have had one relationship in their life (thus far) and they are married. One of them I grew up with, she is my age, married, with 1 kid and another in the oven. She and her husband were gifted a home too by their in-laws so they are homeowners now.

Me, I've had 5 partners since 18. After college, I got a job (although low paying) and moved out and have been on my own since but I visit my folks often. I guess that is the one thing we have in common. I'm glad I got early - I need my own space, my own sense of privacy, and when I was living at home, I didn't get that. But I don't see myself owning a house until I'm in my 30s or so.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice